Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Last big hit out before the years final slam.

Men’s draw:

67AF1CA0-D6BC-403A-A33D-550F51E0AE90.jpeg

Noticables:

* Djokovic first tournament since Wimbledon. On paper rough draw with ADF, de Minaur, Monfils, all guys who went deep in Montreal, in his section. Will they be fatigued though? Sinner and Rune in his half too. Sinner I think will find it tough to back up Montreal, B2B masters are hard.

* Defending champion is Coric who has Korda first up. Could be a massive point drop upcoming. But Korda hasn’t really fired a shot since his injury.

* Khachanov/Murray and Zverev/Dimitrov are cracking first round matches.

Women’s draw:

85343973-E984-4793-9ACB-4E6F3F28EFC2.jpeg

* Kudermetova returns from injury, plays Venus first. Should win.

* Svitolina vs Wozniacki, battle of the mums. You’d imagine Elina will be too tough but Caro looked good in Toronto.

* Lots of great R1 matches, pick of the bunch are Krejcikov/Azarenka, Ostapenko/Pliskova. Hopefully Potapova can find some much needed form; plays young WC Naef first.

Looking forward to watching some of this, i would say Carlos does better then he did in Toronto, got him as my favourite for tournament on the way to backing up his US open crown

Looking forward to watching some of this, i would say Carlos does better then he did in Toronto, got him as my favourite for tournament on the way to backing up his US open crown
Yeah I think Carlos wins this too. Shaking off the rust in Montreal and has a pretty easy draw here. Djokovic is too focused on the slams these days to really be a favourite. I wonder how many more masters he has in him.

Surprised to see FAA beat Berrettini actually given the Canadians form.

Potapova had an awful start but managed to win. Perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised to see Kudermetova lose to Venus.

Jordan Thompson the only Aussie to get on court so far and won a tight one against Isner.

His tournament will probably end tomorrow though when he's likely to get a lesson from Alcaraz.

If he's lucky maybe the match won't get on court and give him an extra day to freshen up at least.

incredible also how Stan has now gone into 7th all time on Masters 1000 appearances, 120th tournament this week. Lopez holds record with 139 at the moment
And yet Wawrinka only has two appearances in ATP 1000 finals for a single title.
A little strange considering how many times he took out members of the big three in slams.
Murray has 14 titles as a comparison.

Good win for Poppy. Came in as LL (lost to Purcell I think) but manages to get to R2 of main draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win for Poppy. Came in as LL (lost to Purcell I think) but manages to get to R2 of main draw.

Gets a walkover from jarry in the 2nd round so he 's in the 3rd now.

Atm, live rankings have Popryin at 47, Thompson at 49, Vukic at 50.

Thansai losing another close match, surprise surprise.

ADM just lost to Monfils. Frenchman found form out of nowhere really, but both finalists from Toronto now out, put that down to fatigue.

Real concerned about Novak vs ADF. Fokina in terrific form, and really tested him at the French Open.

Yeah, happens more than often when a big run is had, the next eek is tough to come back. Unless you're one of the big 3 it's a struggle.

For some reason I had a funny feeling Max could pull off the upset. What an American hardcourts wing it has been for the men.

ADM just lost to Monfils. Frenchman found form out of nowhere really, but both finalists from Toronto now out, put that down to fatigue.

Demon was always gonna be tired after last week. Hopefully he can rest up and at least get through to US R4 where he belongs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back