ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Cincinnati

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, shouldn't be concerned that Carlos was winning ugly. Such a shame Novak is nearly at the end. These 2 could have one of the best rivalries ever with the way they are going. Still, I am struggling to think of a rivalry like this between 2 vastly different-aged players.

Good chance that Novak could get the number 1 ranking again. Still, the US can offer up a surprise winner. Maybe these 2 won't make the final. Nadal vs Federer never happened in New York after all.

Yeah, shouldn't be concerned that Carlos was winning ugly. Such a shame Novak is nearly at the end. These 2 could have one of the best rivalries ever with the way they are going. Still, I am struggling to think of a rivalry like this between 2 vastly different-aged players.

Good chance that Novak could get the number 1 ranking again. Still, the US can offer up a surprise winner. Maybe these 2 won't make the final. Nadal vs Federer never happened in New York after all.
I think you’ve nailed it. 36 years of age versus 20. Incredible. The fact that at the opposite ends of their careers they have a rilvary this intense and this competitive, just wow. Both absolutely incredible. Honestly watching today it was like a Nole vs Rafa epic from a decade ago.

Novak’s ceremony speech was great and revealed a lot. The win meant SO much to Novak. Losing this after losing Wimbledon would’ve been crushing, especially given how many chances he had. So full of praise for Carlos, mentioned his fighting spirit. In great spirits, relaxed, knows he’s nearing the end but is savouring the battles, the big matches, big stages. My favourite athlete.

How you call a rivalry between a 20 year old and 36 year old is insane. But gee. Incredible tennis.
Novak actually going to play lights out until he finishes his career because of Alcaraz and we’re all for it.

Medvedev might be the only one that might come close at the US Open

Pigs fly on form. Probably be someone weird wouldn’t put it past Sinner breaking through and really pushing but honestly the cupboard is thin after that

I don’t think we should underestimate this tournament for Novak in terms of how it set him up for the US Open. First US tournament in 2 years, and wins it. And wins it by beating Alcaraz and saving a MP in the process. Was big for his belief after Wimbledon, and gave him the perfect springboard for the USO. It felt big at the time, and it proved to be. It’ll be a match I revisit when Novak is done.

I don’t think we should underestimate this tournament for Novak in terms of how it set him up for the US Open. First US tournament in 2 years, and wins it. And wins it by beating Alcaraz and saving a MP in the process. Was big for his belief after Wimbledon, and gave him the perfect springboard for the USO. It felt big at the time, and it proved to be. It’ll be a match I revisit when Novak is done.

Was also the first time his serve returned in months. It was horrible at Wimbledon and ultimately cost him when it mattered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back