ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Burel was 4-0 up in the deciding set against Gauff

View attachment 1924071
4-0 and 5-2, what a choke. Gauff’s mental toughness alone will give her many wins over the mentally fragile tour.

Wouldn’t call myself a fan but it’s hard not to be entertained when Blinkova is playing like this. Her ball striking is beautiful. 4-1 third set lead over Pegula.

Also, Milos Raonic withdrew from his match against Rune. I’m sorry but 3 tournaments this year, 3 retirements/withdrawals. What’s the point? Getting ridiculous. Rune into R3 without hitting a ball.

Just putting it out there. I haven’t seen anything from Djokovic yet this year. No spark, no intensity, nothing very impressive at all.

And Novak loses the second set 7-5.

He said he’ll stop playing when he feels like he can no longer compete for slams. Yeah it’s looking like we’ve reached that point already. Can’t see how he’s going to give Sinner or Carlos any issues this year.

Credit to Vukic for playing well, serving well and hitting FH big, but Novak looks cooked. FH is an error machine, can’t win long rallies, no spark. 2023 compared to 2024 is just chalk and cheese.

Good final set by Novak, started hitting a little cleaner and more aggressively. As the commentators pointed out, only 9 trips into the net, that’s surprisingly low.

Vukic played great, full credit to him.

Shapovalov lost after being up a break at 4-2 in the third. That’s got to sting for him, making the 3rd round would’ve been a good result for him given his struggles.

Oh boy, Stearns serving at 5-4, 40-0. 4 match points gone. 5-5. If she loses this match she’s going to have nightmares about how tight she got on those match points.

This is shambolic stuff. One spot light in the light towers is blinking. Has been happening all match apparently, but Medvedev has just noticed it now. He has demanded it be fixed before they continue playing. Funny this happened around the time he was broken back.

12 minutes and counting off the court. Spectators leaving in droves. Embarrassing stuff. Just play for crying out loud. It’s the most minute hinderance ever.

This is shambolic stuff. One spot light in the light towers is blinking. Has been happening all match apparently, but Medvedev has just noticed it now. He has demanded it be fixed before they continue playing. Funny this happened around the time he was broken back.

12 minutes and counting off the court. Spectators leaving in droves. Embarrassing stuff. Just play for crying out loud. It’s the most minute hinderance ever.

They didn't even fix it and then comes out and finish it off. Anyway.

Just had a thought being living here in Melbourne, usually we have our biggest heatwaves during Australian Open, not during Indian Wells...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, I can't watch either.

just following the scores. Iga with another bagel, this time over Linda Noskova, her AO conquer.
Was down 4-2 as well; reeled off 10 straight games.

ADM into 4th round with a comfortable win over Bublik who gave up in the second set.

Kudermetova just lost to Kerber with her usual mix of beautiful and brainless tennis.

Lehecka beating Rublev 4&4 was a surprise.

Griekspoor chokes away the set and absolutely obliterates his racquet. Think he smashed it down a good 7 times. Might as well get your moneys worth with the code violation eh? lol

Novak loses the first set. Make it end please. I was hoping he would be a little recharged after his 6 week break but he looks as flat and out of sorts as he did in Melbourne. What is going on? Nardi isn’t exactly playing lights out and he doesn’t need to.

Novak loses the first set. Make it end please. I was hoping he would be a little recharged after his 6 week break but he looks as flat and out of sorts as he did in Melbourne. What is going on? Nardi isn’t exactly playing lights out and he doesn’t need to.

Looks awful this draw is a brute though

Djok will be fine as per usual.

One set lost and you Novak fans all go to water :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back