ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

Sakkari loves IW. Up a set and a break against Gauff! Targeting the FH constantly. Almost no crowd stuck around due to the rain. Weird how the reigning US Open champion is playing in front of a near empty stadium in a MS 1000 SF.

Sakkari loves IW. Up a set and a break against Gauff! Targeting the FH constantly. Almost no crowd stuck around due to the rain. Weird how the reigning US Open champion is playing in front of a near empty stadium in a MS 1000 SF.
Its not even that late ! Surprised the crowd had left!?!

3rd set. Genuinely can’t believe how you can be up 6-4, 5-2 and lose. But I think it’s going to happen, what a collapse. Gauff is way too strong mentally for virtually the whole tour but Swiatek is going to crush her in the final though. Hard to see Sakkari having the mental toughness to erase the choke. I see this being an easy 6-1 or similar set.

Wow did not expect that after the second set capitulation! Especially after she started 0-40 in the opening game and got broken. Thought she would completely collapse but outside of the first few points of the set she played outrageous tennis. Incredible hitting, incredible movement, super impressed. New coach, maybe new Sakkari.

Okay take 2, after a 3 hour rain delay. Sinner leading 2-1 on serve. It was only 13 minutes of play but I liked what I saw from Sinner, think he goes on to win this.

Sinner’s level finally dropped, UE machine in sets 2&3. Carlos wisely added more spin to his FH and threw in a lot more drop shots to disrupt his rhythm. Such a poor level from Sinner though in set 3, totally capitulated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back