ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Miami

Remove this Banner Ad

Amanda had a massive fall in the first set. I hate retirements but you could see it coming a mile away. Took a MTO after that and her serve literally dropped 20kmph.

Can’t wait for Kostuk vs Potopova
Hmmm. I was aware of the MTO but everything I’ve read seem to suggest it wasn’t really a retirement due to the injury. I watched a few games before she pulled the pin and it looked like she was just down in the dumps, rather than truly injured. Probably a combination of a slight injury made worse by her mental state regarding her current level of tennis. All in all, she is a mess and I think time away is probably her best move right now.

Cmon Pots!! Gonna be epic this one!

Hmmm. I was aware of the MTO but everything I’ve read seem to suggest it wasn’t really a retirement due to the injury. I watched a few games before she pulled the pin and it looked like she was just down in the dumps, rather than truly injured. Probably a combination of a slight injury made worse by her mental state regarding her current level of tennis. All in all, she is a mess and I think time away is probably her best move right now.

Cmon Pots!! Gonna be epic this one!

Unfortunately I feel she’s suffering from a lack of confidence and it comes from not playing anywhere near enough. As a result the slightest injury seems a mile worse. This one did feel genuine though.

Kokk wins in tie break of 3rd set. At his level, he shouldn't be struggling to put away a player like Zizou Bergs tbh.

Yep, he was lucky to win that, that's the concerning thing.

All the other Aussies lost this morning

Popyrin v van de Zandschulp tomorrow. Should be a good one for Pop.

All Aussies lose today. OConnell loss in 3, Kubler in straight sets and Thompson in 3.

De Minaur v Halys on Sunday, and Kokkinakis v Hurkacz.

Popyrin v van de Zandschulp tomorrow. Should be a good one for Pop.

All Aussies lose today. OConnell loss in 3, Kubler in straight sets and Thompson in 3.

De Minaur v Halys on Sunday, and Kokkinakis v Hurkacz.

Generous wouldn’t tip Popyrin

Kok ain’t winning

Pop destroyed Kostyuk.

No handshake at the end, which is a Kostyuk thing against most Russian players.
Potapova was really good, super impressed with her composure and focus. Excellent performance. Kostyuk on the other hand was a mess though. Return error on MP and bolted straight for her chair. Honestly think Pots is an under the radar talent.

Watched Thiem and he’s pretty sad to watch. Glimpses of brilliance, but so many poor errors. Was muttering to himself so often and looked so dejected at the final sit down, poor guy.

Not getting through nearly as many matches as I would like. I see Rybakina needed 3 sets to beat Kalinskaya. Currently watching Samsonova, hopefully she can destroy her weak opponent.

Potapova was really good, super impressed with her composure and focus. Excellent performance. Kostyuk on the other hand was a mess though. Return error on MP and bolted straight for her chair. Honestly think Pots is an under the radar talent.

Watched Thiem and he’s pretty sad to watch. Glimpses of brilliance, but so many poor errors. Was muttering to himself so often and looked so dejected at the final sit down, poor guy.

Not getting through nearly as many matches as I would like. I see Rybakina needed 3 sets to beat Kalinskaya. Currently watching Samsonova, hopefully she can destroy her weak opponent.

Best match Kalinskaya has played period, Rybakina was lucky t get out of that. Anna served for the first set at 5-4. Third set was a break fest! Think there were 5 or 6 breaks in the 3rd set!

Best match Kalinskaya has played period, Rybakina was lucky t get out of that. Anna served for the first set at 5-4. Third set was a break fest! Think there were 5 or 6 breaks in the 3rd set!
Oh wow. In a way I’m disappointed at the result, I quite like Anna and that would’ve been a huge breakthrough win for her. I definitely think she’s capable of so much more than she’s delivered so far.

Oh wow. In a way I’m disappointed at the result, I quite like Anna and that would’ve been a huge breakthrough win for her. I definitely think she’s capable of so much more than she’s delivered so far.

Played really well, Rybakina just played two elite return games 5-4 to take that set. Huge fightback in the second too as Rybakina was up 4-2 in that set.

Played really well, Rybakina just played two elite return games 5-4 to take that set. Huge fightback in the second too as Rybakina was up 4-2 in that set.
Sounds like I missed a good one. Just finished Samsonova, wanted a quick match and got one. 53 minutes!! I love watching her play, when she’s on of course.

Good lineup today. Sakkari/Andreescu, Rogers/Sabalenka, Garcia/Cirstea, the big one Kudermetova/Vandrousova! Kvitova/Noskova, too many!! Alcaraz, Zverev, Sinner in action. Not sure how I’m going to manage this lol

Sounds like I missed a good one. Just finished Samsonova, wanted a quick match and got one. 53 minutes!! I love watching her play, when she’s on of course.

Good lineup today. Sakkari/Andreescu, Rogers/Sabalenka, Garcia/Cirstea, the big one Kudermetova/Vandrousova! Kvitova/Noskova, too many!! Alcaraz, Zverev, Sinner in action. Not sure how I’m going to manage this lol

yeah I can't get Samsonova at her best she's a top 5 player, but jeez who knows with her

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the heck Zverev?!!! Ive been out but was actually heading home to watch. I don’t think I will now but in a way I want to see what unfolded, that is shocking.

What the heck Zverev?!!! Ive been out but was actually heading home to watch. I don’t think I will now but in a way I want to see what unfolded, that is shocking.
perhaps low energy levels......

I am being lenient to him there. couldn't hit a winner off a slow ball while Taro was hitting winners off the returns. Ugly and the scoreline flatters Zverev.

Sadly Andreeva fell away. She needs strength and with it will be more power and better movement. She’s okay if everything clicks but when it doesn’t, trouble.

Big win for Cirstea over Garcia (again). She is playing top 20 tennis. So good to see.

Kudermetova is having a bad year. Lost to a quality opponent, no shame in that, but she’s losing too easily.

Bencic and Vekic with already better results than IW. Good to see.

Noskova was terrible. Man her movement sucks. Doesn’t improve that and won’t reach her potential. Not a huge fan of her body language either. When things aren’t going her way she looks really flat.

Muchova enjoying a good run of form. Krejcikova going about her business, hopefully Keys doesn’t peak next so we get that match with Sabalenka again.

Love seeing Kenin finding form.

Zheng beats Samsonova in a tight battle. She now faces Potapova who had a great win against Gauff coming from behind. Will be a great tournament from one of them.

Linette fends off Azarenka 6-4 in the third. Will face Pegula if she holds on against Collins.

Haven’t checked mens results as I want to watch a replay of Tsitsipas/Gasquet and Lehecka/Musetti. Kokkinakis currently in action against Hurkacz in a set dominated by serve.

Wow Kokkinakis saves 6 set points in the TB and takes it 12-10. May have wildly predicted big things from Hurkacz this week but would love this upset, he may be the most bland high ranked player on tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back