ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Miami

Remove this Banner Ad

6-5 3rd set with Kokkinakis serving for survival. Great match. Stands full and making a lot of noise, great atmosphere, well done Miami.

Rybakina/Badosa starting. Good morning of tennis!

Some good matches tomorrow, these in particular for me:

Andreescu/Kenin. Comeback queens.
Fritz/Shapovalov. Fritz smashed him in Acapulco, has anything changed? Highly doubt it.
Davidovich Fokina/Paul. Cmon ADF, would be a big win.
Sinner/Dimitrov. Sinner was really ordinary in 2R, but should improve for this.
Cirstea/Muchova. Another great tournament for the winner, backing up IW.

IMO the standard of tennis has been much higher in Miami opposed to IW. The quicker courts being the reason. Not lightening quick but noticeably quicker than IW.

Watching the Rybakina/Badosa match right now.

Poor Badosa - having to face Rybakina at IW and now Miami.

I'm not sure there's anyone on tour who can beat Rybakina on her good days right now.
And this wasn’t even her best. Only really switched on after 1.5 hours.

De Minaur has been crap last 3-4 weeks. First match exit in Indian Wells and now today.

I know it's a crappy excuse and shows the limitations of his game but these courts are too slow for him in the sunshine double. The wait till the grass begins...

Andreescu won this morning. Had some good wins this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a crappy excuse and shows the limitations of his game but these courts are too slow for him in the sunshine double. The wait till the grass begins...

Andreescu won this morning. Had some good wins this week.
I agree but Acapulco wasn’t exactly lightning?

Sinner/Dimitrov was quite good, a bit ridiculous at times with all the breaks of serve, but the second set there were some excellent tennis and amazing rallies.

Davidovich Fokina was rubbish, played the worst match I’ve seen him play this year. Just really flat. Paul was okay but didn’t need to do much, so many errors from ADF.

Shapovalov was laughable. One utterly horrible service game in each set was all it took. Fritz simply has to wait for it, and was never troubled on serve.

In terms of the women, good win for Andreescu. Plays Alexandrova next, got to think shes a big favourite for that and should she win, likely Kvitova. She’s really building.

Big win for Cirstea, has Vondrousova tomorrow. What an opportunity for both. Krejcikova won, as did Sabalenka, so they meet again in the 4R. I think the winner takes the title.

Keen for Potapova/Zheng tomorrow.

I agree but Acapulco wasn’t exactly lightning?

Sinner/Dimitrov was quite good, a bit ridiculous at times with all the breaks of serve, but the second set there were some excellent tennis and amazing rallies.

Davidovich Fokina was rubbish, played the worst match I’ve seen him play this year. Just really flat. Paul was okay but didn’t need to do much, so many errors from ADF.

Shapovalov was laughable. One utterly horrible service game in each set was all it took. Fritz simply has to wait for it, and was never troubled on serve.

In terms of the women, good win for Andreescu. Plays Alexandrova next, got to think shes a big favourite for that and should she win, likely Kvitova. She’s really building.

Big win for Cirstea, has Vondrousova tomorrow. What an opportunity for both. Krejcikova won, as did Sabalenka, so they meet again in the 4R. I think the winner takes the title.

Keen for Potapova/Zheng tomorrow.

Potato was awesome! Honestly there was a reason she was #1 in juniors and hugely rated combining through, her ankle injury when she was 18-19 cruelled her. She won today against Zheng in straights.

Rybakina too good today as well finally a non 3 set slug fest too.

Cirstea beat Vondorusova didn't see the match but I've seen the results. Apparently just hit her off the court.

If Alcaraz and Medvedev play in the final again, I hope it's more competitive than it was In Indian Wells.

Poor loss by Felix today, dude loses so many matches he should win.

If Alcaraz and Medvedev play in the final again, I hope it's more competitive than it was In Indian Wells.

Poor loss by Felix today, dude loses so many matches he should win.

Foolix as usual fools you.

Potato was awesome! Honestly there was a reason she was #1 in juniors and hugely rated combining through, her ankle injury when she was 18-19 cruelled her. She won today against Zheng in straights.

Rybakina too good today as well finally a non 3 set slug fest too.

Cirstea beat Vondorusova didn't see the match but I've seen the results. Apparently just hit her off the court.
Watched the match and wow, she played great. A great battle with many outstanding rallies. Zheng went on that tear in the second set but outside of that very close. Pots is definitely developing match by match and visibly gaining so much confidence. It’s awesome to see!!

Watched Tsitsipas and just lol, Garin absolutely choked away his service game late in the third to get broken which effectively lost him the match. Stef could barely hit a BH, was slicing probably 75% of backhands in the third set, and yet Garin the spud couldn’t take advantage. Unreal.

Terrible loss by FAA but are we surprised? His form is actually really bad. Shocking loss by Hurkacz, ditto Tiafoe. My goodness that bottom half is a joke!

Only going to have time to watch one more today so I’ll check out Sabs/Krej.

Watched the match and wow, she played great. A great battle with many outstanding rallies. Zheng went on that tear in the second set but outside of that very close. Pots is definitely developing match by match and visibly gaining so much confidence. It’s awesome to see!!

Watched Tsitsipas and just lol, Garin absolutely choked away his service game late in the third to get broken which effectively lost him the match. Stef could barely hit a BH, was slicing probably 75% of backhands in the third set, and yet Garin the spud couldn’t take advantage. Unreal.

Terrible loss by FAA but are we surprised? His form is actually really bad. Shocking loss by Hurkacz, ditto Tiafoe. My goodness that bottom half is a joke!

Only going to have time to watch one more today so I’ll check out Sabs/Krej.

Been way more interested in the women’s watched 3 matches today- Potato’s, Rybakina and watched a bit of Sabs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back