ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Rome

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, should’ve been asleep an hour ago, but good overall from Novak as he takes the third 6-1. Dimitrov absolutely peaked out of his mind in the final 20 mins of that second set. But Novak does what he does best, maintains his level and keeps asking his opponent to step up. Looking like a Rune QF clash.

The more tennis on the court is what Novak needs so it's not that big a deal. He is getting better, that third set was more like it

Ummm Alcaraz??

Kudermetova looking good!!

Osorio lost, more injury concerns.

Kalalina ultra impressive against Keys too

Carlos has to be careful I get it he wants to play tournaments but the top players schedule their year so they aren’t burnt out by September. Looked exhausted last tournament despite winning

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings

Carlos has to be careful I get it he wants to play tournaments but the top players schedule their year so they aren’t burnt out by September. Looked exhausted last tournament despite winning
Alcaraz gone! Look, probably will be a good thing for him moving forward because another deep run would’ve taken more out of him. But the blueprint is there to beat him, you just have to be super aggressive and hit every ball flat and deep. Easier said than done but that’s what this guy did, it’s what Sinner does. I thought maybe he took it easy tonight, but I honestly don’t think he did. Maybe the patience wasn’t there, but he still ran like a maniac after every ball.

Kudermetova won! QF here we go!

Alcaraz gone! Look, probably will be a good thing for him moving forward because another deep run would’ve taken more out of him. But the blueprint is there to beat him, you just have to be super aggressive and hit every ball flat and deep. Easier said than done but that’s what this guy did, it’s what Sinner does. I thought maybe he took it easy tonight, but I honestly don’t think he did. Maybe the patience wasn’t there, but he still ran like a maniac after every ball.

Kudermetova won! QF here we go!

Once you get to the top you have to be so careful with schedules. Novak is a great example how to schedule even in his peak years never played week after week. You need breaks. Alcatraz looked exhausted last week, should never ever have played. Yep the ones that trouble him hit it flat so you have to be prepared to miss against him.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Carlos should just aim for winning ATP 500/1000 every two weeks and use the points as bank. No reason to be playing every week in countries like Brazil or Mexico.

That’s the shock of the season tbh. World number 135 defeats world number 1

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

He has a big chance to win French with Nadal possibly not even going to risk it and Novak’s ‘weakest’ surface.
Very interested to see how he does on grass.

He has a big chance to win French with Nadal possibly not even going to risk it and Novak’s ‘weakest’ surface.
Very interested to see how he does on grass.

A common misconception. His weakest by far is US hard. If Nadal wasn’t there he’d have 5+ French opens. He’s easily the second best claycourter but he’s had very little match play. Think Novak lost to Nadal 3 or 4 times at the French.

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
UM WOW !!! just watched alcaraz match. I agree hes probably tired but still , Marozan hasnt played tour level before this week. Still a big shock

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
A common misconception. His weakest by far is US hard. If Nadal wasn’t there he’d have 5+ French opens. He’s easily the second best claycourter but he’s had very little match play. Think Novak lost to Nadal 3 or 4 times at the French.
Novak is good on clay I agree.

But there were players who could match or beat him on clay which just wouldn't happen elsewhere. Thiem is the obvious one. I am not sure that would happen at the US Open.

Novak is good on clay I agree.

But there were players who could match or beat him on clay which just wouldn't happen elsewhere. Thiem is the obvious one. I am not sure that would happen at the US Open.

Whilst true and this comes from watching more of him, those US courts don’t suit Novak a single bit. It’s why I do feel he’s more likely to jag another French than a US Open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was sublime!

Broken back but with that smash…I think Novak will be roaring soon. And now Norrie decides to let out a roar, lol this clown is going to be in for it.

Norrie is like an annoying cockroach you have to beat him won’t beat himself

Perfect match for Novak heading forward

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Norrie is like an annoying cockroach you have to beat him won’t beat himself

Perfect match for Novak heading forward
Novak is so angry, he’s just biding his time to let out a massive roar. You can tell it’s brewing and will be released as soon as he’s back in a commanding position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back