Masters of the Non-Prefered?

Remove this Banner Ad

Shuey.

Aker is the best I've seen though. Could kick a goal from a one step snap from outside 50. Watching him it was hard to tell what his prefered side actually was.

Have no idea why being able to kick (at least decently) on both feet isn't a higher priority for players.

Duggan will go down as the best kick on both sides of his body. Sheed is a bloody good kick and some of his kicks are tracer bullets but he also has no right foot. Interesting how clubs dont put work into 15-16 years olds.

I picked up my first footy a year after i moved to australia. I was always unfit and struggled with speed of the game but one thing i was better than a lot of team mates was my kicking on my left. It was one thing i practiced while learning the game. Even at 15 i was one of the better kicks on my opposite at school, even though i was one of the worst players.

Last edited:

Gaffy has actually put a bit of work into his right foot in my opinion. I don't know if it's just me, but he seems much more inclined to use it now than he ever did before. You pretty much only see him use it to get a quick hack kick forward, but it's more than what he used to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey the best i have seen, there are some really good players that can kick both side but they put a little more elevation on their kicks, i have never seen someone kick lasers while at top pace off their non preferred like Shuey.
Cuz and Judd probably kicked better goals off the left.

Shuey the best i have seen, there are some really good players that can kick both side but they put a little more elevation on their kicks, i have never seen someone kick lasers while at top pace off their non preferred like Shuey.
Cuz and Judd probably kicked better goals off the left.

Yes totally. Goal kicking is relatively easier than field passing where you need accuracy in width, length and height.

No knock on schu but kemp was a cut above him. If he had the ball within 90m of goal you knew he was going to hit someone in the tit on either foot
never saw kempy play but the game has changed a lot since then. Forwards these days don't have the luxury of much space to lead into.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back