Shield Match 10: South Australia v Queensland, Karen Rolton Oval, 23-26 Nov 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Head and Carey can’t play the first test. I think we need to steer clear of bringing in players from a losing culture. This team will not win a shield game this season unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carey was dismissed off a back foot no ball and Head arguably was too. Kuhnemann was bowling at least a couple an over to the left handers and I don't think he or the umpire have noticed. Bharat Sundaresan in commentary has though.

Carey was dismissed off a back foot no ball and Head arguably was too. Kuhnemann was bowling at least a couple an over to the left handers and I don't think he or the umpire have noticed. Bharat Sundaresan in commentary has though.
It was comical, the Carey one especially was as clear as day

Head and Carey can’t play the first test. I think we need to steer clear of bringing in players from a losing culture. This team will not win a shield game this season unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both were a little unlucky today, but the previous four scores from Carey is 0, 7, 6, 2 and from Head 9, 21, 14, 8. The pity for Carey is he made 155 last Saturday in grade cricket.

I barely recall any back foot no-balls called since Blocker Wilson's heyday.

tbh Head and (especially) Carey deserved to get out based purely on stupidity. I mean, did they go into this game having decided they didn't want to play in the Ashes?

Almost convinced I remember the back foot no ball been changed recently to the foot been allowed to touch the return crease provided first contact was inside. A Google search suggests I imagined that.

Redbacks are a *ing joke, why are they so continuously s**t year after year after year? Spine of a jellyfish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And before this year he had been averaging over @50 FC over two intermittent (white ball commitments) seasons. So is due a couple of failures. He is a good keeper/batsman and likely Paine's successor.

It just reminds me of what used to happen with Darren Lehmann. Look him 10 years to win a spot in the Test team. He's make 1000+ Sheffield Shield runs each year but there were no vacancies in the strong Test team. The moment a spot opened up, Boof was having a rare run of outs. Both Head and Carey badly need a score today.

Redbacks are a f*n joke, why are they so continuously sh*t year after year after year? Spine of a jellyfish

I won't go into it again, I've expressed my concerns several times before. Let's just say the infrastructure of SACA cricket isn't good. Several state coaches over the years have tried to change it, all have failed. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Sandhu's got the ball going through the top of the surface, grubbers and balls flying off similar length, seems worse than day 1 to me... lel

Hunt very disappointed with his decision...

Looks a bit of a dodgy decision on Carey, unless it flicked the bat or glove on the way through that the thigh pad that the umpire saw better than the off centre camera angle.

Yeah it was, but he gets points for booting the helmet away, Renshaw continuing his pattern of flog behaviour...
Lmao jeez you South Australians get worked up over nothing incidences. Putting a helmet down for the short leg to pick up, what a flog...

Last edited:
Lmao jeez you South Australians get worked up over nothing incidences. Putting a helmet down for the short leg to pick up, what a flog... What pattern of flog behaviour? Calling Richo out for been a knob in the BBL? Calling Sayers out for playing a shield match in his Cricket Australia pants hat? That was hero behaviour

Lol I just thought it was funny but also would've done the same if someone did that when I was batting, fielding team should keep themselves and their equipment well away... He seems to rate himself as some sort or smart arse antagonist... So yes all of the above as well as his over appealing from slip/short leg and general demeanor... Richo is a knob no doubt but sending off a tailender from mid wicket or wherever he was is pretty weak.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back