Match 17: Scorchers vs Heat at WACA

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a shocking game to cop the Heat after they were beaten by the Sixers last start.

Credit where it's due to Lynn and McCullum. Great display of power hitting from both men and Mitch Marsh as well.

If there bowling attack can restrict the opposition to under 170 every game you'd have to back them in for the championship.

Did it tonight without needing Ross who can score quick, Burns and Reardon who is a turner of the strike and Cutting who is a big hitter of the ball

Didn't even have Badree who we rely on so heavily

Just started pouring in Perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't even have Badree who we rely on so heavily

That's right yep. Only picked the 5 bowlers, and no all rounders so it was a bold move bringing Reardon in for Badree but you'd think it would have paid off even without Lynn and McCullum going off.

I like the leggie Mitch Swepson. Good balance between him and the quicker bowlers like Cutting and Steketee

Them salty tears from Choomby.

Not much action from the Choom in the Heat innings, missed the Scorchers innings so not sure if the air time he got than

He was seen half way though the innings like this

canstock8075480.jpg

Did Agar have a chat with Roy before the match about bowling spin/medium pace? You don't get wickets bowling 100-110k medium slow.
That's right yep. Only picked the 5 bowlers, and no all rounders so it was a bold move bringing Reardon in for Badree but you'd think it would have paid off even without Lynn and McCullum going off.

I like the leggie Mitch Swepson. Good balance between him and the quicker bowlers like Cutting and Steketee
I thought leaving Floros out would hurt them- nope. Still won't surprise me at all if that bowling lineup fails at the wrong time, but you couldn't have asked for much more from them so far.
Buchanan isn't up to it unfortunately. Good story and all, but they should be picking, I dunno, Feldman instead.
Bring back Josh Lalor (no, please don't).

Heat just announced they have signed the English quick Tymal Mills for the next two games while Badree recovers from hamstring injury. Handy pick-up especially with those games being at the Gabba and the MCG. If Lynny is out as expected with the Aussie side, they have a few batting options like Reardon, Heazlett, Labuschagne and Doolan, albeit none as destructive as him!

Wow, what an onslaught. Cant wait till he plays for Australia.

It is easy to umpire bash, so here it is: We have the best T20 comp in the world officiated by the worst umpires in the world. They simply have to bring in a 3rd umpire. There is too much at stake and they are getting far too many decisions wrong.

Mick Martell and that fkhead former fast bowler, who's name escapes me, wouldn't know their arse from from the face. Bring back Taufel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back