Winner?

• Taswegia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A must win game for both Victoria and Tasmania approaching the final, the teams are in second and third coming into this game. Victoria have yet to drop a game with 2 wins and 3 draws from their 5 games so far, whilst Tasmania have 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses from their 6. Captain Matthew Wade returns for the Tasmanians, whilst Jake Fraser-McGurk is in line for his first game in the Shield this season, with hopes he can play the last few games.

Victoria: squad: Travis Dean, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Peter Handscomb (c), Sam Harper (+), Jon Holland, Nic Maddinson, Cameron McClure, Todd Murphy, James Pattinson, Mitchell Perry, James Seymour, Will Sutherland, Henry Thornton

Tasmanian Squad: Tom Andrews, Jackson Bird, Jake Doran (+), Bradley Hope, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, Sam Rainbird, Tom Rogers, Peter Siddle, Jordan Silk, Matthew Wade (c), Tim Ward, Mac Wright

Possible sides:

Vic:

Dean
Seymour
Handscomb (c)
Maddinson
Fraser-McGurk
Harper (+)
Pattinson
Sutherland
Perry
Holland
Murphy

Tas:

Jewell
Ward
Wade (c)
McDermott
Silk
Doran (+)
Hope
Andrews
Rogers
Bird
Siddle

Honestly think that the lack of quality spinner will make it very tough for Tassie to get 20 wickets

My thoughts on the day:

1. Definitely a new ball deck. If you can work your way through that there aren't many demons in it.
2. Perry was the pick of the seamers for me, bowled tight lines and lengths and was definitely a factor for the first two dismissals for Murphy.
3. Murphy mixed his pace well, clearly the pick of the bowlers on the day.
4. Thought our tactics were awry for McDermott. We had him tied down and then decided to use Sutherland (simply not quick enough) to bowl short stuff to him, especially considering his best shots are the cut, pull and hook.
5. Holland bowled a little short (up until drinks in the last session, where I had to leave).
6. Patto looked quick live.

Any one know the progress of the 2nd 11 game.I watched it for a while on Monday on the live stream but unable to fing it now.
It's in the Bushrangers thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well. Tassie looking very good for a win from here.

Agree. I know the bowling load is well shared across the five trundlers, but it really places pressure on the top order to score.

Having Sam Harper at 6 underscores this and places a lot of pressure on him. We know Sam can bat and hopefully he turns in a good knock this innings.

I have a bit of faith in Patto with the bat but none in the other three beyond useful knockabout runs.

I have been enjoying JFM's knock. He really looks a fine young talent.

Interesting stage here. We probably need to show a bit of intent and try to get as many BP as we can in the first session and then maybe declare behind. If we can crack the 300 mark by lunch we'll be in an okay position.

Deano can lock himself in for WA and the final, if we get there. Puck in for Seymour will be the change I'd imagine, and if Harper presses on from here it'll be great for him. I love his keeping. Will be interesting to see which spinner they drop for Perth as I think day 1 Murphy was stronger but Holland's experience came to the fore on day 2. When we bowl tomorrow may tell a story.

Interesting stage here. We probably need to show a bit of intent and try to get as many BP as we can in the first session and then maybe declare behind. If we can crack the 300 mark by lunch we'll be in an okay position.

Deano can lock himself in for WA and the final, if we get there. Puck in for Seymour will be the change I'd imagine, and if Harper presses on from here it'll be great for him. I love his keeping. Will be interesting to see which spinner they drop for Perth as I think day 1 Murphy was stronger but Holland's experience came to the fore on day 2. When we bowl tomorrow may tell a story.

What needs to happen for Vict.to make final? Are there any points for a first innings lead.

Back