Shield Match 21: South Australia vs New South Wales, Karen Rolton Oval

Will NSW make the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologies to Tom Kelly. Got home, switched on the computer to see how Tom was doing, 29 not out. I opened the scoreboard and he was out next ball. :(

Typical crap batting performance from the Redbacks, usual suspects. Capel 1st game so he escapes criticism, Carder has done nothing in the past 5 games (119 runs @ 14.88), McSweeney has made 72 runs @ 14.40, and Lehmann ... geez. He's made his 100 to keep him in the team for the next 3 years, apart from that his scores this season have been 12, 0, 17, 0. After the 100, you could almost put your mortgage on a duck.

Thank goodness for Henry Hunt and Weatherald or our batting would be a complete shambles.

Last edited:
Did that LBW look like it may have pitched outside leg? Anyhow he did look good in his first innings at this level and will learn from that (only if he's given another opportunity next season?).

I really think the SACA needs a dramatic rethink on their pitches - not just AO and Karen Roadton - but their grade pitches as well.

SA players have been soft for decades, wanting roads to bat on. Umpteen SA bowlers have had their hearts broken on pitches that are Pakistan.

What is the way forward? Immediately sack curators from Roadton or the AO.

Let's face it. Les Burdett has been a pox on SA cricket..

Other sides go okay, it's just the Redbacks are rubbish. If the pitches were that batting friendly, how come our batsmen rarely make runs? Plenty of SA bowlers have taken wickets. Gillespie, Tait, Harris, George, Sayers, Mennie, Worrall, Cullen, etc have all had seasons of 40 plus wickets. Our batting stinks.

Carder underwhelming after a promising start to the season.
Ditto Tim Ward, Philippe and no doubt others if I wanted to look for them. Adding Hunt as he has had a moderate restart.. but has come good in the last match. Is now within a whisker of another ton. Keep saying that this bloody BBL break impacts player and even team momentum. Not sure if it is psychological or what, but I see it every year.

Hunt now has his third century of the season. Wish the Blues had no let he and Ward fly the coop.

The Bulls have been rolled by an innings.

Last edited:
Ditto Tim Ward and no doubt others if I wanted to look for them. Hunt had a slow restart.. but has come good in the last match. Is now within a whisker of another ton. Keep saying that this bloody BBL break impacts player and even team momentum. Not sure if it is psychological or what, but I see it every year.

The Bulls are going to be rolled by an innings.
Bryce Street hasn't had a great restart either, which makes this tonne from Hunt even more impressive.

t_94 mentioned in the QLD vs Tas thread that playing grade cricket for two months during the BBL hiatus does no favours for the development of these players. I'm sure most agree that the Shield needs to run concurrently with the home test series. It does no one any favours that those pushing for test selection can only be seen on T20 form as the series progresses.

Bryce Street hasn't had a great restart either, which makes this tonne from Hunt even more impressive.

t_94 mentioned in the QLD vs Tas thread that playing grade cricket for two months during the BBL hiatus does no favours for the development of these players. I'm sure most agree that the Shield needs to run concurrently with the home test series. It does no one any favours that those pushing for test selection can only be seen on T20 form as the series progresses.
Yep. BBL needs to be shortened and only played in January.

Ditto Tim Ward, Philippe and no doubt others if I wanted to look for them. Adding Hunt as he has had a moderate restart.. but has come good in the last match. Is now within a whisker of another ton. Keep saying that this bloody BBL break impacts player and even team momentum. Not sure if it is psychological or what, but I see it every year.

Hunt now has his third century of the season. Wish the Blues had no let he and Ward fly the coop.

The Bulls have been rolled by an innings.

The BBL is an abomination. Absolutely dominates the Australian cricket season and it's time it gets reeled in for the health of the game.

Last five innings by Jason Sangha.. 3, 75, 86, 142, 62. Figured I'd never see such consistency from this enigmatic cricketer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we found one in Capel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we found one in Capel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hasn't been in the best form in grade cricket lately so maybe an unfortunate time to get a debut. Another pre-season under his belt and hopefully we can see more of him. The Tom Latham comparison in technique is a good one, very similar.

What’s their best team going forward ?
Hunt
Weatherald
Empty
Head
Drew
Kelly
Carey
McAndrew
Empty
Doggett
Empty