Drew
Kelly
Carey
McAndrew
Empty
Doggett
Empty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd put Nielsen in there. Not great with the bat but I rate him as a better keeper than Carey who still remains in the side for his batting. Isaac Higgins is one to watch for the future as well, so our batting actually doesn't look too bad, especially if someone like Kelly can deliver on his talent.

Bowling is a concern though, our two main options are ones we've poached from other states and it doesn't look like there's much coming through the ranks. Pope is nowhere near it right now and needs significant time in grade cricket to work on more variations.

Adelaide Hawk

TheBrownDog
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
3/216, not a bad effort so far. As I said, players playing for their careers and putting in the hard yards. McSweeney 55, Lehmann 78.

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
I'd put Nielsen in there. Not great with the bat but I rate him as a better keeper than Carey who still remains in the side for his batting. Isaac Higgins is one to watch for the future as well, so our batting actually doesn't look too bad, especially if someone like Kelly can deliver on his talent.

Bowling is a concern though, our two main options are ones we've poached from other states and it doesn't look like there's much coming through the ranks. Pope is nowhere near it right now and needs significant time in grade cricket to work on more variations.

Have heard Thornton is definitely coming over and potentially Stanlake (not keen on him). Spin is a bit of a concern but who could they really target? There isn't much quality around, Kuhnemann is potentially the only one that could be worth making an offer for. You'd say Todd Murphy takes right over from Holland in Victoria.

Odog

Senior List
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have heard Thornton is definitely coming over and potentially Stanlake (not keen on him). Spin is a bit of a concern but who could they really target? There isn't much quality around, Kuhnemann is potentially the only one that could be worth making an offer for. You'd say Todd Murphy takes right over from Holland in Victoria.

Hopefully no more recruiting. Just find the right talent here

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Good win, no Weatherald or Head and we get the choccies against a decent bowling lineup.

Rabish Binney

Left out overnight
Sep 7, 2021
Off the land, rural SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt; Man City
Hopefully no more recruiting. Just find the right talent here

This.

At the expense of nepotism, my cousin plays for a District Cricket side. Two seasons ago he dominated grade cricket (mostly with the bat) & was in the emerging Redbacks squad but never got any kind of look in for the shield side. Very little feedback came his way from any of the coaching staff (Gillespie included).

He did ask Tim Nielson about what he should do training wise to improve and also asked why he wasn't even getting considered. Nielson was taken aback by this question and his reply was a blunt 'we are going in a different direction'. Not long after that he was dropped from the emerging Redbacks squad.

So much for local talent.