Shield Match 22: Western Australia vs Victoria, WACA

Will WA make the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Something seems to have clicked with Hardie after his injury.

Could develop into a very damaging Pollock-type allrounder if his batting and bowling continue to improve.

He aspires to being a Mitch Marsh.

Sorry for the late / dumb question but can someone confirm
If WA win - are we guaranteed into the final? I looked at the table and we are behind Vic/NSW, so if NSW win ?
If WA win they host Victoria. If they make 300 off 100 and draw they play Victoria at Junction

Looked class at the u19 World Cup. There's a Youtube video of him facing 100mph bowling machine as a 14yo with nearly a million views.

great bowling machine that one (i unashamedly topped out at facing 120ishkph), good fun. i like the level of cricket nuffy to be going there for a 14th birthday

Be interesting to see when Voges has had enough of persevering with Short and decides to invest some development into another left arm slow bowler/batter in Aussie U/19 skipper Cooper Connolly.
Goodwin, Wyllie and Connolly are definitely the future of WA cricket.....hopefully sooner rather then later.

Not that it should matter given the state of the game, but we would want to have won by stumps tomorrow - Saturday could be a washout.
You need 60 runs in 30 overs and it's irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that just gets us into the final, don't we need to win in order to host it?
Yep, unless you somehow lose it from here. Getting to that point has to be the first priority though.

Hopefully WA haven't played their final here.....good achievement by Voges to snare a Shield trophy on top of an already productive season.....something Langer couldn't do.

Back