Shield Match 3: South Australia vs Queensland, Adelaide Oval, 15-18th October, 11 am AEDT

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
The contrast between Head and McSweeneys hats in the slips is something.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Great contest between bat v ball in the one day match at the WACA today as well.

I had somewhat accepted I wasn't into Shield Cricket as much as I used to be until today where I could actually stomach what was being played. I can understand using the lesser grounds in late September/early October but they still seem to be used a lot more than they used to be.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
I had gone off shield when it was played at the SCG as parking is a nitemare and when not driving I needed two buses and a train to get there. Then CA began streaming it a few years ago and it grabbed me. Today the stream is almost as good as a live telecast. Yesterday I actually enjoyed the game as, as you alluded to.. there looks like being a fair contest between bat and ball. Not always been the case at AO.. as that ground was responsible for a number of batathons last season.

Last edited:

toml

Club Legend
Nov 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jack Wildermuth is a not an opening bowler. Lacks penetration and accuracy. Yesterday he gave Head runs, doing same today. No Michael Neser. Injured?

Henry Hunt unable to crack on today. Castled by a Steketee beauty.
Neser has gone back to Qld for the birth of his first child

Back