Shield Match 4: Tasmania vs Western Australia, WACA, 17-20 October, 1.30pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the authoritative tone of your posts like you are the second coming of Richie Benaud. Have you ever faced anyone over 100km / hour?
I don't rate the guy. Problem?

Shame for Green, that definitely wasn't out.

However he still has a weakness to the straight full ball at the stumps. Hopefully he can rectify that technical deficiency over the course of the next couple of matches, or he may struggle in the Ashes.

Philippe led a good WA comeback.

This is impressive seam bowling by Neil-Smith.

Last edited:
Shame for Green, that definitely wasn't out.

However he still has a weakness to the straight full ball at the stumps. Hopefully he can rectify that technical deficiency over the course of the next couple of matches, or he may struggle in the Ashes.

Yeah I was watching the stream....and greenie was batting way out of the crease...so obviously the LBW is on his mind..lets hope he can work it out before the tests....but all batters are suspect early on in there innings for lbw...something he needs to be mindful of

Big scalp to get cheaply too as Tim Ward bats time.

Clint Hinchliffe What happened to this guy. Only given a solitary first class match for WA. Hardly sufficient time to impress or not impress. Went thru the CA pathway and from what I saw and read, he came across as a competent slow bowling all rounder. They are pretty rare in this country. Bowled 'chinamans' from memory and was a clean hitter.
I found this footage of Hinchliffe. Pretty impressive against the touring Poms.
https://youtu.be/bF1GT7j_pzA

I don't think he was given a contract

Then the selectors were blind. Did they not see the way he took apart the Poms in that tour game.
Just trawled thru his Premier Cricket record last two years for Mount Lawley. Well above average with bat and ball. Already this year he is his club's leading bat and bowler. Plus Mt Lawley is leading the ladder after three rounds thanks to Hinchliffe.
Who would you have left out of WAs contract list for him to be given a contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you have left out of WAs contract list for him to be given a contract?
You prob have a better idea than I. Dont follow WA cricket closely. I follow the player. If it was a case of giving a contract to Darcy Short or Hinchliffe. I know who my money is on.

Went off during the warm up with a back spasm
Hope it aint back stress fractures. We have three young class cricketers, Pucovski, Green and Richardson and all have spent more time in a hospital than on the cricket field.

Last edited:
LNS Australia's emerging all rounder. Well he certainly is not a tailender. From a distance with a willow in hand the lanky Sydney-born quick looks somewhat like Cameron Green. He has a surprisingly able technique being correct in defense, behind the ball, drives fluently. He did tho seem rattled after being sconed by a shortie. Duck em instead son.

Last edited:
Not likely to get any play today, the weather is pretty bad. In the meantime, LNS has been concussion subbed for Meredith.
Lets hope only as a precaution. Yeh LNS took a decent sconning yesterday. When WA saw that he was not going to give away his wicket easily their pacers began peppering him with short stuff.. obviously to unsettle him. It worked but not before he had compiled the team's best score..

Ridiculous that in this century rain keeps killing cricket. We have all been frustrated to distraction when bad weather ruins play after paying good money to watch a full days play. Major grounds specially need to find a way to cover the playing area to allow lite and other atmospheric conditions but block out rain. Something like a transparent material stretched from one stadium roof to another. Be cheaper than any other way devised so far.

Last edited:
Jhye involved in the warm-up.
Good news. He was removed as a precautionary measure then. I wanna see this bloke back fit and firing and putting pressure on Mitchell Starc. That ball with which he removed the hard to remove Tim Ward speaks volumes of his talent.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back