Shield Match 8: New South Wales vs Victoria, SCG, 19-22nd Nov, 10:30 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That scoop by Patto seals it.. is looking to declare. I am with Luke.. get our batsmen in some form. Specially Sangha who is looking like he actually belongs out there... finally
Yes, because you can see obvious tactics because you aren't as stupid as he is.

Not sure why we should be giving your blokes an even break. Play out the draw and give Sangha a chance to score a rare century and it just may be the trigger that reignites his career.
You need the win. Therefore you need to give us the carrot for us to chase. Despite 2 early losses you're still alive.

What you two want and what's playing out are poles apart. If you were playing for the draw you wouldn't be going at 4.5 right now.

250 off 60 given the increased tempo would be my guess now.
Radar is not all that promising with another rain band about to hit Sydney. Has Patterson changed his mind as Sangha has slowed down too.

These silly tactics just cost Sangha an important ton. I doubt we can get 10 wickets either.. not on this deck that has now lost some of its venom.

Last edited:
Sangha and Patterson lol, couldn’t buy a run against a full strength attack and now they are playing essentially a second IX team and Patto they are making a few
Every match so far has been played against a (at best) 2nd XI bowling attack for NSW. The Vic runs of course still counted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we were talking about THIS game.
His first disappointing one so far. Funny how you haven't entered the ones where he's performed to a reasonable standard but jump in once he has a poor one. Wonder why that could be?

Funny how a sporting declaration has made Victoria bat a little more aggressively and cause wickets to fall... NSW probably the only ones who can win from here.

but let's not pretend like he's turning the ball a whole heap.
He can tho. This is not a spin receptive deck. Take a look at this footage. I can see him doing this is the sub continent.

He can tho. This is not a spin receptive deck. Take a look at this footage. I can see him doing this is the sub continent.

That's great but my comment was in relation to a series of posts that talked about how good it is to have a leggie who turns the ball big both ways rather than Lyons darts. When Sangha bowls mostly top spinners not googly's and his leg spinner was barely turning. It was a compliment to Sangha that he was still bowling so well despite not really turning it.

He's bowling about 60kmh off one step in that Youtube video. Anyone can turn a ball doing that but you'd get tonked in a game.

People in general seem to flog themselves over the new shiny thing and it sets those players up for failure once they can't meet the massive expectations those same people have for them.

It's why so often on this board a player who has not played international cricket is a gun who can do no wrong whereas someone who has played 10+ games is a repeated failure who we know is not up to it.

If Marcus Harris or Travis Head were the exact same players they are now but had not played for Australia the same people who s**t on them would be screaming that they must be picked.

Last edited:
Back