Shield Match 8: Victoria vs New South Wales, Melbourne Cricket Ground, Friday 05/11-Monday 09/11/2021, 10:30 AM AEDT

More points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The two sides meet again after Victoria thrashed New South Wales away from home, dominating three of the four days of the match. With Will Pucovski ruled out due to concussion issues it's expected that Victoria will go in unchanged, whilst unconvincing batting performances from Daniel Hughes and Jason Sangha will have them nervous about whether or not they're retained this game or if Lachlan Hearne comes into the side. However persistent rain around Melbourne could well determine whether or not there will be a result.

Victoria Squad: N/A

New South Wales squad: Sean Abbott, Harry Conway, Trent Copeland, Jack Edwards, Matthew Gilkes, Liam Hatcher, Lachlan Hearne, Daniel Hughes, Nathan Lyon, Peter Nevill (+), Kurtis Patterson (c), Jason Sangha, Tanveer Sangha

Possible sides:

Victoria:

Marcus Harris
James Seymour
Peter Handscomb (c)
Nic Maddinson
Matthew Short
Jonathon Merlo
Sam Harper (+)
Will Sutherland
Mitchell Perry
Scott Boland
Jon Holland

New South Wales:

Lachlan Hearne
Daniel Hughes
Kurtis Patterson (c)
Jack Edwards
Matthew Gilkes
Sean Abbott
Peter Nevill (+)
Trent Copeland
Nathan Lyon
Harry Conway
Tanveer Sangha

I reckon Victoria will win if the rain holds off, otherwise a draw.

I can't think of a time when there has been a weaker NSW batting line-up.

I can't think of a time when there has been a weaker NSW batting line-up.
Honestly, in a combined XI I'd only have Patterson, Abbott and Lyon playing from NSW, maybe Copeland

You’d have to go back to around 2012 when you had Tim Cruickshank and Daniel Smith going around.
That takes me back. Is the line-up in this game worse? It probably is.

Scott Henry
David Dawson
Cruickshank
Maddinson
Nevill
Haddin
Copeland
SOK
Zampa
Bollinger
Tremain

That takes me back. Is the line-up in this game worse? It probably is.

Scott Henry
David Dawson
Cruickshank
Maddinson
Nevill
Haddin
Copeland
SOK
Zampa
Bollinger
Tremain

Literally looked up the mycricket of this after mentioning Cruickshank, for some reason this sticks out in my mind due to NSW having a stinker of a batting lineup for the first time ever. There isn't much between either side but at least you can say the current side is on the younger side, from memory half those blokes weren't even that young at the time.

Side note: think that was the season where the Redbacks bottled a game vs WA where a win would've seen us host the final, WA put 50+ on for the last wicket to win, and we ended up finishing bottom somehow.

Thought Pattinson was playing, saw him training on the news last night and they said he was in.
Looks like he is. Parker and Elliott out of the squad. Not sure who drops out of the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harder to tell at the ground but those 2 LBW shouts looked pretty good on replay.
Seymour? Nah. One hit him on the hip!

I'm at the ground too.

Not that one, another one. He couldn't get bat to ball early on. Better since
Ah. I was having tiketek issues so didn't see the first 15-20 minutes

Back