Shield Match 9: Tasmania v Western Australia , Hobart, Nov 21-24 , 10:30 AM AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Both his centuries were on roads yet the one v Sri Lanka he came in at 3/28 and the one v NZ was made against Boult, Southee and Wagner who were 3/4 of the bowling attack that would go on to be World Test Champions and NZ made 148 & 240 on the same pitch where 6 of their top 7 were in the top 7 of the WTC side?

No further development from the 27yo Head but heaps from the 29yo Whiteman.

Yes, I raised an eyebrow when I read "no further development" when Australian Test history is littered with batsmen who never came good until their late 20s. :)

About to get worse. 0-200 opening partnership by the Tigers.

Not Head. Unless he finds a way to convert good starts into triple figures. To do that he has to develop a more secure technique and curb his rash play when he feels in. I just dont see it. What I do see are blokes in shield now with those good attributes that if given the chance will take Head's place.
The trouble I see with Head is, he always looks like he could get out next ball, no matter if he's set or not.

When the really good batsman are in form, you wonder how you will get them out.

He always looks vulnerable to me.

About to get worse. 0-200 opening partnership by the Tigers. edit: 197. Great ball Richardson.

Not Head. Unless he finds a way to convert good starts into triple figures. To do that he has to develop a more secure technique and curb his rash play when he feels in. I just dont see it. What I do see are blokes in shield now with those good attributes that if given the chance will take Head's place.

Not quiet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About to get worse. 0-200 opening partnership by the Tigers. edit: 197. Great ball Richardson.

Head's played 19 Tests. Steve Waugh didn't make his 1st 100 until his 27th Test. He ended up okay :)

Richardson continues his terrific form by sending most of Tassies brittle middle order back to the sheds. This rabble is now undoing all the good work of openers Ward and Jewell yesterday. Time for batting changes TAS Cricket.

Last edited:
Have to go with Richardson over Starc, just have to.
This. I can't see any justification for keeping Starc in, outside of providing footmarks for our other fading bowler.

Richardson has to play the First Test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back