Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Only need them on the train. No need when heading in.

That's good. Are the car parks open near the train station at the city end? I am hoping to drive in and avoid all that s**t.

Yeah, it will be weird. So you won't have to wear masks outside, but wear them to get in, but once you are seated you can take them off?
That’s what happened up here for the grand final , we got in took them off, they wanted us to wear them on the way out

Out of interest was there any communication or guidelines set out about what type of seats to expect if you're a reserved seat member entering the ballot?

E.g was it said they would sit you as close to your normal seats as possible?

Family of mine have level 1 reserved seats and ended up with level 4 tickets. And while thrilled they are going, my 80+ year old grandma won't be able to see much of the game which sucks.

Just keen to understand the process more.

Was there any reason they couldn't assign reserved seat holders their seats? Or at least the same bay or 1 near by if at capacity in certain areas?

Im sure there are logical answers for the above, I just haven't read much into it cause I knew I wasn't able to make Round 1 from a long way out.

Math

Our reserved seat areas are all sold out. We have to get those numbers down to 50%, which means in order to guarantee reserved seat holders 100% access, 50% of them have to be seated in the GA areas

The ballot determined who got what. You lucked out this week. Hopefully you do better next round

Do we have to wear masks Thursday night?
Based on the pre season game against Collingwood, no. They are strongly recommended for moving around but not mandatory.

This line from https://www.mcg.org.au/getting-arou...g-the-mcg-for-the-2021-afl-premiership-season seems to support that, no mention of mandatory masks, only encouragement.
"There will be signage displayed outside and inside the Ground to encourage physical distancing and the wearing of fitted face masks in congested areas."

It was a change from attending the cricket this summer where there were times you had to wear them.

Math

Our reserved seat areas are all sold out. We have to get those numbers down to 50%, which means in order to guarantee reserved seat holders 100% access, 50% of them have to be seated in the GA areas

The ballot determined who got what. You lucked out this week. Hopefully you do better next round
Think everyone gets that.
Issue I have is.As a reserved seat ticket holder why should I be charged xtra to get a seat that I already brought?
Do the AFL wanna keep fans or turn them away?

Think everyone gets that.
Issue I have is.As a reserved seat ticket holder why should I be charged xtra to get a seat that I already brought?
Do the AFL wanna keep fans or turn them away?

no idea what you selected to be charged extra (ive had no charge for mine)

the only way id see them charging more is if you upgrade (ie go from GA to one of the areas you normally have to pay an upgrade to access)

remember its the MCC we are having to pay for these premiums, so we have to work around their pricing structures

Out of interest was there any communication or guidelines set out about what type of seats to expect if you're a reserved seat member entering the ballot?

E.g was it said they would sit you as close to your normal seats as possible?

Family of mine have level 1 reserved seats and ended up with level 4 tickets. And while thrilled they are going, my 80+ year old grandma won't be able to see much of the game which sucks.

Just keen to understand the process more.

Was there any reason they couldn't assign reserved seat holders their seats? Or at least the same bay or 1 near by if at capacity in certain areas?

Im sure there are logical answers for the above, I just haven't read much into it cause I knew I wasn't able to make Round 1 from a long way out.

Was just said to be as close to your seat as possible. Our situation, we are usually on level 2 down near Punt Rd end in front of the betty cuthbert room, shunted to lvl 2 behind the city end. Happy to be going in all honesty.

They can’t really rethink it if the government requires it
LOL do you think 50,000 people are going to scan in for contact tracing purposes, i know for a fact my group ( who did convince me to attend as it will be good for my mental wellbeing ) are not going to be scanning a QR code for contact tracing purposes, answer when asked why is this " can't risk a 14 day stay at home " and if forced to do it will be faking it.

Based on the pre season game against Collingwood, no. They are strongly recommended for moving around but not mandatory.

This line from https://www.mcg.org.au/getting-arou...g-the-mcg-for-the-2021-afl-premiership-season seems to support that, no mention of mandatory masks, only encouragement.
"There will be signage displayed outside and inside the Ground to encourage physical distancing and the wearing of fitted face masks in congested areas."

It was a change from attending the cricket this summer where there were times you had to wear them.
For both the cricket and tennis, even when there was a higher concern about covid, I still didn't have to wear a mask sitting down. At most I think it could just be in the access gates (as well as public transport)

This digital online is crap. People should be able to print off their tickets if they want to. End of story
You can.

• OPEN THE SMS AND DOWNLOAD YOUR TICKET NOW
  • If you ordered more than one ticket, make sure you forward the other SMS to the friends going with you.
  • Have the ticket downloaded and ready for scanning before you get to the venue entrance.
  • Turn the brightness up on your phone, this helps scanning. (see the manufacturer's manual for instructions.)
  • At venues using turnstiles, put your phone with square barcode displaying, under the turnstile scanner.
  • Where hand held scanners are used, hold up the mobile ticket for scanning.
  • If you don't have a smart phone you can click on the link(s) above to view and print your tickets from your web browser.

no idea what you selected to be charged extra (ive had no charge for mine)

the only way id see them charging more is if you upgrade (ie go from GA to one of the areas you normally have to pay an upgrade to access)

remember its the MCC we are having to pay for these premiums, so we have to work around their pricing structures
Sorry my bad.
Thought 3121 members were being charged but could be GA,s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For both the cricket and tennis, even when there was a higher concern about covid, I still didn't have to wear a mask sitting down. At most I think it could just be in the access gates (as well as public transport)
I'm in NSW.
Been to pubs etc.
No masks.
NSW have a better record than Vic with masks.
Says it all
Masks are a gimmick run by chairman Dan to help the Chinese economy.

You can.

• If you ordered more than one ticket, make sure you forward the other SMS to the friends going with you.
  • Have the ticket downloaded and ready for scanning before you get to the venue entrance.
  • Turn the brightness up on your phone, this helps scanning. (see the manufacturer's manual for instructions.)
  • At venues using turnstiles, put your phone with square barcode displaying, under the turnstile scanner.
  • If you don't have a smart phone you can click on the link(s) above to view and print your tickets from your web browser.
Ok thanks
But they do try and make it hard.

You can.

Have you got any idea how you forward a ticket in your wallet or Richmond app?? Can’t see any forward option

LOL do you think 50,000 people are going to scan in for contact tracing purposes, i know for a fact my group ( who did convince me to attend as it will be good for my mental wellbeing ) are not going to be scanning a QR code for contact tracing purposes, answer when asked why is this " can't risk a 14 day stay at home " and if forced to do it will be faking it.
No, they aren’t scanning in
That’s why you have to buy a ticket, so they know who’s going to be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back