Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

you're forgetting most of the empties are in the MCC and AFL reserves - we only get access to half the ground, and that half will be at 75%

the only hope is if the AFL fork over some of the AFL members reserve to the clubs
AFL will not hand over any of the members reserve to the clubs. They have their own members to satisfy and they pay more than most club members annually.

What happens to the reserved seats that people pay for but can’t use? They are milking the cow, which will run out of milk

It’s a no win situation

1. Clubs need the money

2. Supporters want to help the clubs

... BUT there is still so much uncertainty around what Members will get (look at what’s happening in Melbourne again now)

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
It’s a no win situation

1. Clubs need the money

2. Supporters want to help the clubs

... BUT there is still so much uncertainty around what Members will get (look at what’s happening in Melbourne again now)
Agree, but the club does not get all the reserved seating money, it goes to the AFL/Ticketmaster the club only gets s percentage, have no issue with memberships , I have three, but the reserved seating cost which the club advised they can’t guarantee , should not be taken

Agree, but the club does not get all the reserved seating money, it goes to the AFL/Ticketmaster the club only gets s percentage, have no issue with memberships , I have three, but the reserved seating cost which the club advised they can’t guarantee , should not be taken

The “reserved seating” component should only be charged if this service is guaranteed ... that is not possible at this time

I was referring to the difficult situation that the clubs & members find themselves in again this season

If what I'm hearing is correct, that even reserved seat members need to enter in the ballot for tickets I will be downgrading my ticket. I'm not paying full price again (as I did last year, without attending a single game).

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
If what I'm hearing is correct, that even reserved seat members need to enter in the ballot for tickets I will be downgrading my ticket. I'm not paying full price again (as I did last year, without attending a single game).
Reckon by halfway through the season I reckon we'll be back too 75% and full on by finals.

Reckon by halfway through the season I reckon we'll be back too 75% and full on by finals.
I'd like to hope so, but with DH Dan the state will be closed another 5 times before mid-year lol.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Hope there’s some extra concessions for reserved seat/coterie members - but with crowd restrictions you can’t expect to get your reserved seat every week, and probably not even to be able to go every week, as sad as that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Email out this morning for premiership circle. Ballot for each sitting area and then a further ballot once that is exhausted. Unclear if it is priority ballot for those that miss out ahead of general admission members or not.

Some high-level detail on 50% capacity will be able to attend 50% games, not clear if its done on a per game basis or per big game (rd 1, anzac eve, dreamtime etc). Wouldn't want to use up my 50% against north, saints and adelaide and miss out on those big boy games.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
The email also stated that you might not be able to sit in the normal 3121 area .Has the club sold more 3121 memberships than the seats allocated.

That's F******if true .
Going by the email, 3121 members will receive priority access to a ticket if you successfully submit a ballot registration

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Priority access then statingif you nominate each week for the ballot then you get access to the normal 3121 seats 50 % of the year .
Still charging full price and only getting 50 % of the benefits.
This is going to get ugly .

Priority access then statingif you nominate each week for the ballot then you get access to the normal 3121 seats 50 % of the year .
Still charging full price and only getting 50 % of the benefits.
This is going to get ugly .

I'm guessing that most of level 3 seating will be used for the other 50%

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I didn't expect to be booted out of the area we normally sit in because the club has sold more memberships in that area than they have seats .
I'm not paying 5 grand over 2 years to sit in sh!t seats .
If the club can't guarantee premium seats then don't charge premium prices .
what did you expect

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I didn't expect to be booted out of the area we normally sit in because the club has sold more memberships in that area than they have seats .
I'm not paying 5 grand over 2 years to sit in sh!t seats .
If the club can't guarantee premium seats then don't charge premium prices .

no one can guarantee anything we’re still in the midst of a pandemic. The restrictions could change weekly. Who knows? Just because there isn’t seats available in round 1 doesn’t mean they won’t be available in rounds 2, 8 or even 15. Surely you were aware of the pandemic situation before paying your membership this year?

Back