Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

The seats are premium seats in a designated area no one else should be sitting their .
If it was only General Admission that's different. Everyone in 3121 is a priority membership so their seats shouldn't be affected.
no one can guarantee anything we’re still in the midst of a pandemic. The restrictions could change weekly. Who knows? Just because there isn’t seats available in round 1 doesn’t mean they won’t be available in rounds 2, 8 or even 15. Surely you were aware of the pandemic situation before paying your membership this year?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The email also stated that you might not be able to sit in the normal 3121 area .Has the club sold more 3121 memberships than the seats allocated.

That's F******if true .

I'm not a 3121 member so I haven't seen the email you mentioned. Just based on what has been posted, it seems like 3121 members will all get a guaranteed seat. if the capacity is 50%, then 50% of 3121 will be in their section, and the other 50% will be somewhere else in the stadium.

Yep ,that's correct .
No mention of where these new seats will be .
I'm not a 3121 member so I haven't seen the email you mentioned. Just based on what has been posted, it seems like 3121 members will all get a guaranteed seat. if the capacity is 50%, then 50% of 3121 will be in their section, and the other 50% will be somewhere else in the stadium.

Yep ,that's correct .
No mention of where these new seats will be .

My guess is best available after all the other priority resreved seat ballots are complete. General Reserve on level 1 most likely, but without knowing how many people will be trying to access seats, neither the AFL, MCG or anyone online would be able to tell you.

I'm thankful that i can go .I just hope the club hasn't sold more memberships than seats for money grab and now have to knock people back for because of social distancing .

The club would have sold the same number they would have usually. Hence why they've stressed at all times that capacities are unknown and they can't guarantee access to games or reserved seats.
As a GA member I am usually entitled to go to any home game I want. On very rare occasions I need to buy a ticket to guarantee it but 95%+ I can walk up and get in. This year I am not. I don't know how many games I will be able to attend this season, nor which games they will be. That's just the situation we find ourselves in unfortunately.

I didn't expect to be booted out of the area we normally sit in because the club has sold more memberships in that area than they have seats .
I'm not paying 5 grand over 2 years to sit in sh!t seats .
If the club can't guarantee premium seats then don't charge premium prices .

50% capacity has been touted for awhile.Why act surprised?
Was always going to be the case when it comes to seating.

69vintage
You may have missed this important point regarding seating.

We plan to share the opportunity to sit within your normal reserved area as best we can throughout the season. For example, if there is 50% crowd capacity for the entire season you will get to sit in your normal reserved seat area roughly 50% of the time if you enter the ballot each week.

50% capacity has been touted for awhile.Why act surprised?
Was always going to be the case when it comes to seating.
Should be 80% just like the other states, all other states will probably go to 100% by June and Victoria will still be living in the dark ages too afraid to move on, 50k or 100k who gives a s**t when it only takes 1 person to be sick for Andrews to s**t his dacks.

Should be 80% just like the other states, all other states will probably go to 100% by June and Victoria will still be living in the dark ages too afraid to move on, 50k or 100k who gives a sh*t when it only takes 1 person to be sick for Andrews to sh*t his dacks.

Mark my words the vaccine uptake will dictate the capacity as the season rolls on.

Speaking to the club today it would be a great result if Rd1 was at 30% capacity and even that's highly unlikely.

Prior to this 3rd lockdown club was hopeful of a 75% capacity ala Grand Final.

God I hope these vaccines work and the countries perceived outlook on this Changes before the year is out. Seems the best we can hope for is that cases stay away and we get to 75% capacity maybe after the first 6 rounds. With any luck 100G at the G for the Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't expect to be booted out of the area we normally sit in because the club has sold more memberships in that area than they have seats .
I'm not paying 5 grand over 2 years to sit in sh!t seats .
If the club can't guarantee premium seats then don't charge premium prices .

The club said from the start admission would be dependant upon govt capacity mandates and EVERYONE would have to share the load of games missed out, most likely via a ballot system.

There is a wait list for 3121, if you want to give up for membership I'm sure the club will refund your money.

believe me it will. If they’re talking most adult vaccinated by October will mean by the end of the season capacity will be close to full. As the percentage increases so will the capacity.
LOL crunch some numbers and get back to me, they won't even be close to the 2nd last phase by October. Phase 1A is 678,000 eligible people and this country got what 80k doses the other day, 3 weeks apart for jabs takes us to end of March approx for this 80k.

This is from the Australian Government website which was updated today which tells you how long they think it's going to take, months before moving away from priority.

Whether you are in a priority group or not, the best thing you can do is stay up to date and continue to be COVIDSafe. The Australian Government will provide further information about how vaccines will roll out over the coming months.

There is significant demand for safe and effective vaccines to end the COVID-19 pandemic. As vaccines become available, they will go to people in higher risk groups.

October you say, huh, don't even bother thinking about it till 2022 if you're in cattle class and by then you will probably think what is the point TBH.

Does anyone know if you can mix silver and gold members in the same ballot of 6?
We all have reserved seats together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back