Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
LOL crunch some numbers and get back to me, they won't even be close to the 2nd last phase by October. Phase 1A is 678,000 eligible people and this country got what 80k doses the other day, 3 weeks apart for jabs takes us to end of March approx for this 80k.

This is from the Australian Government website which was updated today which tells you how long they think it's going to take, months before moving away from priority.

Whether you are in a priority group or not, the best thing you can do is stay up to date and continue to be COVIDSafe. The Australian Government will provide further information about how vaccines will roll out over the coming months.

There is significant demand for safe and effective vaccines to end the COVID-19 pandemic. As vaccines become available, they will go to people in higher risk groups.

October you say, huh, don't even bother thinking about it till 2022 if you're in cattle class and by then you will probably think what is the point TBH.
You can't extrapolate the dates from that initial batch of doses. They are counting on the majority of the vaccinations to be the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured locally by CSL. This initial batch is to just focus on the front line quarantine and healthcare workers.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
You can't extrapolate the dates from that initial batch of doses. They are counting on the majority of the vaccinations to be the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured locally by CSL. This initial batch is to just focus on the front line quarantine and healthcare workers.
AstraZeneca, the same AstraZeneca various countries around the world are banning, that AstraZeneca, * that.

How long do you think it's going to take them to complete Phase 1a, they are not going to the next phase until that is complete so yes i can extrapolate the dates. 2022 before cattle class even gets looked at, do the sums, crunch the dates and then think how long it will take to jab even 8 million people.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
AstraZeneca, the same AstraZeneca various countries around the world are banning, that AstraZeneca, fu** that.

How long do you think it's going to take them to complete Phase 1a, they are not going to the next phase until that is complete so yes i can extrapolate the dates. 2022 before cattle class even gets looked at, do the sums, crunch the dates and then think how long it will take to jab even 8 million people.
These countries are in vastly different situations to us

1) They have easy access to other vaccines, we can't produce mRNA vaccines at all but can produce AstraZeneca
2) These countries have NFI whether the SA variant AstraZeneca can't protect against is: it's irresponsible to give it an evolutionary advantage like that to make it a bigger problem than it already is. No such risk in Australia where we know where the virus is and have shown the ability to control small outbreaks.
3) mRNA vaccines are significantly more difficult to transport and store - which isn't such an issue in densely populated countries in Europe.

Sure, Pfizer is better. 40% of our population (at this stage) will get that. But AstraZeneca is clearly still good for the other 60%.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
The big fu** up I see looming is if only half capacity which I hope can at least be raised to 65% then after the mcc and afl members are accounted for we d be lucky to have 20,000 seats to divide between near 100,000 members ,,,good luck and brace yourself for the big no shows from mcc and afl to rub salt into the wound
You would hope that considering the situation the AFL/MCC would also give its members until a certain date to confirm going and any available seats to go to home side members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
there is zero chance of the virus spreading from the footy whether there is 50k at the ground or 100k at the ground.. there are no cases

its silly to not play to fully capacity

Politicians are stupid people

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
So the club is playing favourites and looking after the high end of town first in regards to who will attend round 1, we all have missed out on footy and off loaded money for nothing in 2020 so why should the lesser paying get shafted, i'll be expecting a refund on games i miss.

good luck with that

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
So the club is playing favourites and looking after the high end of town first in regards to who will attend round 1, we all have missed out on footy and off loaded money for nothing in 2020 so why should the lesser paying get shafted, i'll be expecting a refund on games i miss.

I think they've shafted ordinary members. Many on who are auto renewal and paid up before details are known. Reading the pay as you attend model for the higher tier memberships, there are no match attendance benefits attaching to the base membership fee and the base membership fee is non refundable. I can only interpret that the same applies to the basic membership, it actually entitles you to nothing in terms of game attendance and is non-refundable. And money taken before these elements are communicated. I hope I am wrong about this because I think it's pretty poor if accurate.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
Expect anything less than 75% is going to cause a lot of outrage from members who have no chance of getting to the game. Just pray that we get the 75%
I've been in a number of ballots and missed out so I have no expectations, it is what it is no point whinging about it

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
I think they've shafted ordinary members. Many on who are auto renewal and paid up before details are known. Reading the pay as you attend model for the higher tier memberships, there are no match attendance benefits attaching to the base membership fee and the base membership fee is non refundable. I can only interpret that the same applies to the basic membership, it actually entitles you to nothing in terms of game attendance and is non-refundable. And money taken before these elements are communicated. I hope I am wrong about this because I think it's pretty poor if accurate.
It was all communicated before the membership fees were taken out with options to pay only if you attend but a lower base fee so you still kept your reserved seat etc.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Wouldn't call people paying for reserved seating as high end of town.

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It was all communicated before the membership fees were taken out with options to pay only if you attend but a lower base fee so you still kept your reserved seat etc.
I'm talking about basic members not reserved seat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back