Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

*sigh*

a three game membership gets you to three games, so i doubt they will be able to attend 11

and as i said, i believe there will be some weighting to ensure if you miss one week youre more likely to get the next

again - everyone will miss out more than is fair, but the whole thing is unfair so its best to share the load as much as possible

im 3121, but i have no right to get 11 games guaranteed with 50 year GA members would get zero to make that happen

as long as there’s no hat :cool:

Everyone is getting shafted. We are fitting 100,000 people into 25,000 seats. It's going to be ugly for everyone.
Some more so than others, as it is some are already entered into a ballot whereas others have no idea what they can do to get in, if there is a way at all....

Some more so than others, as it is some are already entered into a ballot whereas others have no idea what they can do to get in, if there is a way at all....

There is a way

As the club has already said, the reserve seats go through the ballot first, and the GA will be contacted shortly after

Again, everyone is being shafted, and noone has a guarantee of a seat this season

no - its not reserve seats get to take what they want and everyone else gets the crumbs

reserve seats and coteries i believe have a better shot of getting a ballot win than GA, but last i heard was it may be 50% of games (depending upon demand and govt rules)

Edit- and to show you the math on that (and how it sucks for everyone)

50% of 28k is 14k reserved seat members getting in.

BUT the remaining 11k seats are shared by roundly 70k members. So while reserved seaters "only" have a 1-2 chance of getting a seat, for the GA member it's 1-7

* This is assuming the reserved seat 50% shot is still a thing (if it ever was, the amount of talk and speculation has been huge, because so many variables have been outside clubs control)
Fair enough. Probably more like 7 home games if stays at 50%.

I think there's alot of factors that will turn people off from trying to get tickets though. The 100k includes at least 5k AFL members. Fairly certain it includes MCC club support Add-ons and Auskick kids memberships as well. For some the process with be overwhelming and some just won't want to go if they can't stand/sit in their seats/are forced to sit in row MM in the Ponsford.

MCC were surprised it took so long for the Boxing day tickets to sell, especially in the MCC members area, and I can imagine a similar situation will occur this time.

Fair enough. Probably more like 7 home games if stays at 50%.

I think there's alot of factors that will turn people off from trying to get tickets though. The 100k includes at least 5k AFL members. Fairly certain it includes MCC club support Add-ons and Auskick kids memberships as well. For some the process with be overwhelming and some just won't want to go if they can't stand/sit in their seats/are forced to sit in row MM in the Ponsford.

MCC were surprised it took so long for the Boxing day tickets to sell, especially in the MCC members area, and I can imagine a similar situation will occur this time.

Remember the MCC and AFL number is irrelevant. Even if they have only 2k in there, we won't get access.

3121 members and above are absolutely guaranteed of a seat every game...

No they are not. I'm a 3121 and just did the ballot to find out if I'm going to the Carlton game (get confirmation on the 9th)

No they are not. I'm a 3121 and just did the ballot to find out if I'm going to the Carlton game (get confirmation on the 9th)
Incorrect.
I’m 3121 as well.
Have spoken to the 3121 co ordinator.. and also in the email instructions.
3121 and all coterie are guaranteed entry... tha ballot is to see where you are sitting.
You will sit in the 3121 area for roughly 50% of games you enter the ballot for.

Incorrect.
I’m 3121 as well.
Have spoken to the 3121 co ordinator.. and also in the email instructions.
3121 and all coterie are guaranteed entry... tha ballot is to see where you are sitting.
You will sit in the 3121 area for roughly 50% of games you enter the ballot for.

Cool. From the email they only say priority access, there is no talk of a guarantee

I think that was just to cover their ass in the event that capacity restrictions were announced at a much lower number like 25-30%

I spoke to someone back in early feb, and the afl were holding out till the death for that reason

Thanks China for robbing us of these awesome times watching the dominant tigers in front of full houses every week :cool:. How we supposed to convince pie supporters we can get 1.25 million crowds in a home and away season now lol
if we got pies fixture we wouldve done it in 2019 even with the train works and closed carparks both of which didnt happen in 2010

plus they had no gws and gc then

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool. From the email they only say priority access, there is no talk of a guarantee

Correct, if it was 75% capacity then all reserve seat holders will get a seat.
My discussions with the membership dept during the week clearly stated at 50%, some reserve seat holders will miss. Hopefully, that is not the case.
The Breakup of tickets, but this could well change in the coming week or so.

20,000 "majority will be Reserve seat holders" (if they are not all taken up, GA will be next in line).
2,000 Coterie
11,500 AFL
11,500 MCC
5,000 Away team
= 50,000

Why isn’t the reserved seating cut to 10,000?.

Because the 50% is based on venue capacity and not on how many reserve seat holders Richmond have.
The club as the home team can prioritise for example who gets what from the 22,000, meaning Coterie and Reserve seat holders will get pretty much all, with GA coming in if Coterie and Reserve seat holders don't take up all the tickets from the ballot.

I'm really struggling to understand all of this. Could anyone explain how ticketing is going to work for general admission members?

If lower paying Members are going to be shafted the Club will never see 100k again
I think your being misguided using the term shafted as that’s implying the club is deliberately withholding the capacity of the crowd imposing their own covid restrictions ,,,sound like bs , because it is , your better than that . There’s 21k of tickets to scramble over . If any campaigner has a problem with paying they should have nominated membership option B that is pay as you GO, that was available to everyone

I can’t see why we would be giving any tickets to Carlton, as some have suggested previously. They have their own home games to satisfy their members. Our home game ticket allocation should be given entirely to our members. Anything less would be ridiculous

I can’t see why we would be giving any tickets to Carlton, as some have suggested previously. They have their own home games to satisfy their members. Our home game ticket allocation should be given entirely to our members. Anything less would be ridiculous
Goes both ways. We have always got access to seats at Away interstate matches. Why would this be any different?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back