Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Nice weather thought it was sh*t , , should be min 55
Weathers irrelevant, the time slot is shithouse, it would probably be the least attended games throughout the year. Plus the weather ended up good, when I left my joint it didn’t look like it would be the day it ended up being.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Weathers irrelevant, the time slot is shithouse, it would probably be the least attended games throughout the year. Plus the weather ended up good, when I left my joint it didn’t look like it would be the day it ended up being.

I’d say it’s the second best behind Saturday 2:10. Day games are the traditional time for footy. If it was our home game we would have got 70k. Suddenly they become richmond supporters and they don’t even think about what they paid to go to a game to see their great team. But when it’s not our home game suddenly that $20 becomes $200 because the money doesn’t go to the tigers. Suddenly richmond aren’t important and interesting enough to go to watch and support at the G :cool:.

hyperfuzz

All Australian
Dec 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heart
I’d say it’s the second best behind Saturday 2:10. Day games are the traditional time for footy. If it was our home game we would have got 70k. Suddenly they become richmond supporters and they don’t even think about what they paid to go to a game to see their great team. But when it’s not our home game suddenly that $20 becomes $200 because the money doesn’t go to the tigers. Suddenly richmond aren’t important and interesting enough to go to watch and support at the G :cool:.

personally love the early arvo games. nice day with a red Sherrin and plenty of time to do other s**t after

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Yea 2:10 is probably the best time slot (even though it doesn’t really exist anymore). 1:10 on a Sunday is just too early for me, I hate when we have games in that slot. The time slot is manufactured for tv and not attendance. 40k is about what I expected today for a hawthorn game at that time.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Yea 2:10 is probably the best time slot (even though it doesn’t really exist anymore). 1:10 on a Sunday is just too early for me, I hate when we have games in that slot. The time slot is manufactured for tv and not attendance. 40k is about what I expected today for a hawthorn game at that time.

Can’t get out of bed? Lol

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
This is about 10k under what would normally be expected for Hawthorn v Richmond. 60-70k if the fixture had consequence. But, Hawks expected to struggle this year coming off a disappointing 2020. Their home game. So I would have predicted 50k.

I think people are justifiably pissed with professional sports, and are still nervous about Covid.

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
This is about 10k under what would normally be expected for Hawthorn v Richmond. 60-70k if the fixture had consequence. But, Hawks expected to struggle this year coming off a disappointing 2020. Their home game. So I would have predicted 50k.

I think people are justifiably pissed with professional sports, and are still nervous about Covid.
Speaking to people yesterday the hassle of needing to go onto ticketek/master weekly is also a big turn off.

Also how many people wouldn't make a decision about going until 1-2 days before the game who are now being asked to make that decision 3-5 days beforehand, who would now hold off considering ticketek/master are virtually forcing you to pay extra for a seat that the VIC Government are demanding you sit in and the fact that previously at no extra cost GA level 4 now has reserved seating at cost and people are not going to fork out money for a seat if they are not 100% sure they will be attending especially for an away game and this also ties in with my first point, if you want to sit with friends you need everyone to commit by wednesday or everyone gets split up possibly into different sections of the ground if they can't make a call until closer to the game.

Case in point tickets are available from tomorrow for this week's game and my group needs to work out today who the hell is going so we can group the barcodes together bloody hell the game was yesterday and i already need to make decisions about next week, * that.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond

if you’re nervous about 1 person in 25 million having corona, then you might as well never leave the house again lol

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
if you’re nervous about 1 person in 25 million having corona, then you might as well never leave the house again lol
I agree with you. I want people to take responsibility for themselves but we’re outnumbered 100:1 my freedom-loving friend

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

I think it’s less about covid and more about the convoluted process to get a ticket, ffs I missed the res seat ballot for this game as i only thought it applied to r1 and am waiting for a ticket , fingers crossed

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
1:10 is s**t. I remember I slept in and missed Aeroplane Chappy game so took the missus to the Pies match at 3:20. Will never forgive AFL for making me miss Aeroplane Chappy. campaigners

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd say the MCC & AFL members sections were fuller than the GA membership today.

What was it with the empty bays next to the cheer squads?
My guess is they set the prices of tickets based on 50% capacity, which meant those were premium priced seats. At 75% they're probably GA seats and therefore free to any home members.

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
I have a GA membership, I am able to get myself a ticket for Saturday which is fine. I'm just a little confused because initially I was told I would only be able to use my membership to get myself a ticket. Now I'm reading it's a max of 6 tickets per-transaction, but I can't seem to find any option to add a 2nd ticket to my order.

Can anyone shed any light? I've tried calling the club for some clarification but it just rings out.

Bill Haverchuck

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I have a GA membership, I am able to get myself a ticket for Saturday which is fine. I'm just a little confused because initially I was told I would only be able to use my membership to get myself a ticket. Now I'm reading it's a max of 6 tickets per-transaction, but I can't seem to find any option to add a 2nd ticket to my order.

Can anyone shed any light? I've tried calling the club for some clarification but it just rings out.
is the 2nd person a member? If yes put their barcode in after yours

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
is the 2nd person a member? If yes put their barcode in after yours

No they aren't a member, sorry I should have mentioned that in my original post. So the 6 tickets per transaction is only if all 6 people are members? So my best bet might be waiting until tomorrow when they go on sale to the general public.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
No they aren't a member, sorry I should have mentioned that in my original post. So the 6 tickets per transaction is only if all 6 people are members? So my best bet might be waiting until tomorrow when they go on sale to the general public.
Yes. There will be plenty of tickets to purchase then.

Back