Game Day Match day: Ivan McAlpine / George Bennett memorial match Dogs v Hawks 7:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Ivan was a decorated Bulldog who became a Hawk, while George was a consistent Hawk who elevated his career at Footscray, then ended his career back at Glenferrie.
They played against each other for both teams, but having both swapped clubs to start the 1934 season, never played together at club level, but I believe played in state teams together.

1656049362407.png

1656049404369.png

1938 Bennet Hoadleys football card and 1933 McAlpine Allens card:

1656048477762.png
s-l1600.jpg

Selected teams:

1656049108549.png

Last edited:
I'm not taking any chances tonight. My Lucky Meal has been delivered and already almost half eaten. Went back Old School and ordered sushi. Special at Sushi Sushi -$2 per handroll and free delivery. Of course, I had to have my favourite, pickled squid salad, as somethig extra! Winner, winner sushi dinner!

6 x Handroll
+ 2x Salt & Pepper Squid White Rice Handroll (921 kJ)
+ 2x Cooked Tuna & Avocado White Rice Handroll (838 kJ)
+ 2x Teriyaki Chicken White Rice Handroll (723 kJ)

Pickled Squid Salad

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm not taking any chances tonight. My Lucky Meal has been delivered and already almost half eaten. Went back Old School and ordered sushi. Special at Sushi Sushi -$2 per handroll and free delivery. Of course, I had to have my favourite, pickled squid salad, as somethig extra! Winner, winner sushi dinner!

6 x Handroll

Pickled Squid Salad
Good choices but I’m not totally convinced sushi is acceptable for an evening meal.

MJG14

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
I'm at the match and I'm here to say that the AFL Record has really deteriorated. They used to be tailored to each match, but now it just has a small bit of content for every match of the round. And the lineups for the match are instead the current squad. Another thing ruined by Hutchy!

Although I'm amazed it's still $5. Perhaps I shouldn't really complain...

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

6 x Handroll

Pickled Squid Salad
F me...we all know what happens with pickled squid...😝

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm at the match and I'm here to say that the AFL Record has really deteriorated. They used to be tailored to each match, but now it just has a small bit of content for every match of the round. And the lineups for the match are instead the current squad. Another thing ruined by Hutchy!

Although I'm amazed it's still $5. Perhaps I shouldn't really complain...
Rupert cannot help himself, he reaches in and f*cks our lives. I’m glad Jerry left you, you old campaigner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I would love to see Naughton ruck a full game. He would seriously dominate. I know we would never do it because he's too important for our forward line but the guy is such a competitive beast I reckon he would break a lot of records. He wouldn't even try to tap the ball, he'd just grab it and start smashing through campaigners.

Mar 19, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I would love to see Naughton ruck a full game. He would seriously dominate. I know we would never do it because he's too important for our forward line but the guy is such a competitive beast I reckon he would break a lot of records. He wouldn't even try to tap the ball, he'd just grab it and start smashing through campaigners.
Would honestly not be surprise if that happens how we work out the ruck situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back