Preview Match Preview: Fremantle Dockers vs Gold Concession Suns, Saturday June 12 @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Megalon

Skills pay the bills
Jun 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Updated Thursday to include Ins and Outs

Last round recap - Round 12 2021

Gold Concession Suns vs Burleigh Heads Bye

The Gold Concessions played at home and clearly played their best game of the year, completely destroying the Bye by having no goals kicked against them at all, a club record. Touk Miller and Brandon Ellis were both best on ground by visiting over 30 night clubs each, and Alex Sexton chipped in with 6 beers just in the last quarter. Lachie Weller was seen carrying the drinks but not on the field himself. The Bye managed to kick two behinds, but looking back at the footage this may have been nightclub bouncers kicking Hugh Greenwood and Sam "Mad Dog" Collins out after causing a ruckus. The Gold Concessions will look to bring the same form over to Perth, where the bars and nightclubs are fully open and there are no covid cases (at time of writing, jinx).

Freo's opposition scouts obtained this critical footage of a Gold Concessions player making his way to the airport to fly over before the game:

w1w5Aq.gif

Fremantle Dockers vs Western Bulldogs @ Optus

Fremantle's build up to the game seemed like any other week. Mitch Crowden grabbed the paper on his way to training like he would any other day to keep up to date with the live cattle trading prices.

GD561347.jpg

Fyfe returned home from his usual morning beach trip where it had been raining, and let his umbrella dry out. Oh he also got a new pet cat it seems, according to his Insta feed:
CBFF8F2A-61DB-4B51-998D-595352889A56.jpeg

Brennan Cox offered to drive Matt Taberner to training but when entering the carpark he accidentally smashed his side mirror. Oops! Be more careful Coxy, were you looking at your hair in the mirror? ;)
img_20160217_091628-2-jpg.1785386

Meanwhile Griffin Logue had also cooked up a storm mid-week for himself and teammate Matt Taberner, but knocked over the salt while finishing the perfect reduction. Oh well accidents happen.

Game day came and Freo started ok, they were in the game but...

MY GOD WE ARE CURSED, BURN IT ALL DOWN, BURN IT ALL TO HELL

1623239044516.jpeg

Freo lost all of Logue, Fyfe, Cox, Darcy and Crowden at various points, and Taberner out before the game.

* sigh *

But we must continue on as always...

Round 13 - Fremantle Dockers vs Gold Concessions @ Optus, Saturday 12 June - 2.15pm WST

Sean Darcy should be ok to play, Taberner hopefully ok to come in, and also Pearce. Treacy with a bit of a breakout game last week, Brayshaw with a very strong performance again. Bulldogs are a much better team than the Gold Concessions so we are a chance at this one ladies and gentleman, if the injury curse stops.

Freo by 0 injuries, 0 black cats, 0 umbrellas opened inside, and 0 walking under ladder incidents. And by 1 or more points.

The Thursday Edit - Ins and Outs

Reece Conca was mowing the lawn yesterday, and noticed some clover had popped up after the recent rains in Perth. How bloody annoying he thought, and was about to reach for the Weed'N'Feed but saw he'd run out, so decided to leave it for another day.

clover.png

Western was driving to training today with Walker, but they were caught in stormy weather as they neared Cockburn and the road conditions were poor. Geez that was bloody scary he thought as he pulled the car into the Cockburn Arc carpark and looked at the skies.

1623316700127.jpeg

Ins and Outs:

Fremantle

Out: Fyfe (Cursed), Logue (Damned), Cox (Jinxed), Blakely (Omitted), Wilson (Suspended), Watson (Medical sub)
In: Western (Charmed), Walker (Blessed), Conca (Lucky), Bewley (Fortunate) and Pearce (I'm not gonna say anything to jinx him)

Gold Concessions

In: Rowell, Bowes
Out: Farrar (Omitted), Atkins (Omitted), Corbett (Medical sub)

Clearly the exciting news is that Western and Walker have both been named to debut. Western will provide real speed up forward and along with Henry and Walters working at the feet of Lobb and Treacy, it could be a real headache for the Suns. Walker should slot right into Wilson's spot in defence, Pearce slots in for Logue (and we will all be collectively holding our breathe whenever he's involved), and Ryan will have to play tall with Cox being out. Conca comes in to provide experience and could be effective against Rowell when he pushes forward. Great time to get some games into these first year players to expose them to AFL level, we should set our expectations low but look at how much Frederick improved this year after getting games last year.

It would have been great to see Luke Excellente finally make his debut with Fyfe out, but it seems that Longmuir is going to shuffle some pieces around the board instead. Bewley on the wing will allow Cerra to play more inside with Fyfe out, and with Western in we should see Walters playing more midfield time too. As of Thursday, Darcy and Crowden are still named in the team and are not on the injury list.

For the Gold Concessions, First Round Draft Pick Rowell comes in for his first game since Round 1, and before that he hadn't played since July 2020, so probably won't show the same form that he had at start of 2020.

Fremantle by 4 (leaf-clover) points

Last edited:
Nicely written! I wonder what the mascot for The Concessions would look like?

I want one thing from this match - Matt Taberner to untuck as many Sun jumpers as possible. And if they’re untucked, he then dacks them.

Oh yeah I also want a win, accurate kicking and no injuries (in fact I want our injured players to be healed while watching the game).

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Last round recap - Round 12 2021

Gold Concession Suns vs Burleigh Heads Bye

The Gold Concessions played at home and clearly played their best game of the year, completely destroying the Bye by having no goals kicked against them at all, a club record. Touk Miller and Brandon Ellis were both best on ground by visiting over 30 night clubs each, and Alex Sexton chipped in with 6 beers just in the last quarter. Lachie Weller was seen carrying the drinks but not on the field himself. The Bye managed to kick two behinds, but looking back at the footage this may have been nightclub bouncers kicking Hugh Greenwood and Sam "Mad Dog" Collins out after causing a ruckus. The Gold Concessions will look to bring the same form over to Perth, where the bars and nightclubs are fully open and there are no covid cases (at time of writing, jinx).

Freo's opposition scouts obtained this critical footage of a Gold Concessions player making his way to the airport to fly over before the game:

w1w5Aq.gif

Fremantle Dockers vs Western Bulldogs @ Optus

Fremantle's build up to the game seemed like any other week. Mitch Crowden grabbed the paper on his way to training like he would any other day to keep up to date with the live cattle trading prices.

GD561347.jpg

Fyfe returned home from his usual morning beach trip where it had been raining, and let his umbrella dry out. Oh he also got a new pet cat it seems, according to his Insta feed:
CBFF8F2A-61DB-4B51-998D-595352889A56.jpeg

Brennan Cox offered to drive Matt Taberner to training but when entering the carpark he accidentally smashed his side mirror. Oops! Be more careful Coxy, were you looking at your hair in the mirror? ;)
img_20160217_091628-2-jpg.1785386

Meanwhile Griffin Logue had also cooked up a storm mid-week for himself and teammate Matt Taberner, but knocked over the salt while finishing the perfect reduction. Oh well accidents happen.

Game day came and Freostarted ok, they were in the game but

MY GOD WE ARE CURSED, BURN IT ALL DOWN, BURN IT ALL TO HELL

View attachment 1151147

Freo lost all of Logue, Fyfe, Cox, Darcy and Crowden at various points, and Taberner out before the game.

* sigh *

But we must continue on as always...

Round 13 - Fremantle Dockers vs Gold Concessions @ Optus, Saturday 12 June - 2.15pm WST

Sean Darcy should be ok to play, Taberner hopefully ok to come in, and also Pearce. Treacy with a bit of a breakout game last week, Brayshaw with a very strong performance again. Bulldogs are a much better team than the Gold Concessions so we are a chance at this one ladies and gentleman, if the injury curse stops.

Freo by 0 injuries, 0 black cats, 0 umbrellas opened inside, and 0 walking under ladder incidents. And by 1 or more points.
As with all good novels, you left me wanting more.

Daddoo

Master Chef
Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
If Pierce plays, what is the over/under for total minutes played before being injured?

I'm kidding of course, but I really wish I could have confidence in his body holding up. I would love to see Western and/or Excellente get a shot. As long as they are fit, I don't see any reason not to.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Pierce plays, what is the over/under for total minutes played before being injured?

I'm kidding of course, but I really wish I could have confidence in his body holding up. I would love to see Western and/or Excellente get a shot. As long as they are fit, I don't see any reason not to.
Sadly it’s a very legitimate question about Pearce 😥😥

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have an irrational dislike for this club and their horrible obnoxious chairman.
Propped up by ridiculous AFL concessions to try and manufacture success. Constantly pumped up by the media and given undeserved games in prime time while we are left out in the cold.
They have also managed to roll us twice in the last 2 years by getting us over at their crappy ground early in the season. We owe them one, big time.

Now they get another stroke of luck with all our injuries destroying our side when we play them.
I hope we monster them.
Would love to see us beat these flakey phoneys by 70 points, if nothing else to piss Gill McLachlan and everyone at AFL house off.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
For some reason I can just picture Logue in the kitchen cooking his perfect reduction. Evocative preview, thanks

Nov 29, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cockburn Doctors
Love the Gold Coast Cryptos. Crap loads of money and computer inputs creating nothing much of anything but 'marketable value' in an ethereal location that seems like it should be worth investing in, but never really seems to go anywhere with fortunes going up and down like a rollercoaster, and supporters like Meima talking giberish in circles to promote their positive attributes to build interest. Buyer beware.

As opposed to our Freo Dockers who should have been formed as the Wittenoom Fluffies and bordered off in that cursed town years ago before anyone else got mortally injured.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
After taking it up to one of the league leaders last week, and only really missing by a few Holy Grail flesh wounds; this week we face a somewhat less formidable opponent.

Our captain found a creative way of avoiding the clash and we also lose Cox, Logue and Wilson. Unfortunately three are from defence – an area we are already down a few players. Available replacements include Tabs, Alex Pearce, Switta, Watson, Conca, Western and Blakely.

Tabs comes in to forward pocket and Walters to midfield in Fyfe’s place. (So Tabs, Treacy two talls at goal line and Lobb floating around half forward)

Pearce, Watson and Conca all to defence posts.

Switta or Western could get small forward inclusions to rotate with Colyer, Crowden and Schultz.

We clearly have the cattle here to get the job done – assuming that guy in the stands with the sniper rifle doesn’t cut loose again.

So Freo with 15 more scoring shots (breakdown of goals versus behinds not available)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back