Preview Match Preview - Fremantle vs Carlton, round 3 - the Karen from Karlton Kup

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't offer him more than $650K per season based on recent performances.
we're offering him to play alongside a very young and talented midfield comprising Serong, Brayshaw, Cerra and Mundy.

plus, play alongside Fyfe. Cripps may offer to reduce that to 600K. And I'm sure his lovely girlfriend would be thankful to be able to return to her home state and be closer to the support of her family and friends.

I don't like seeing any player injured but after all the bad luck with injuries we've had, about time we got a break. I'm not sure if Walters will get up this week so we're still missing Fyfe, Walters, Hamling, Pearce, Logue, Tucker and Lobb who are all best 22. I hope Tucker can get back to his pre-injury form, that goal last year where he ran from the backline all the way up forward to mark and kick a goal, superb :thumbsu: If our midfield group can kick a few goals a game it could easily mean the difference between making finals or not.

PS Loved Brayshaw's goals on the weekend, he's clearly been working on it over the preseason and looked confident to go for them.

Not a bad preview at all there , I enjoyed that

Not quite up to my “ Rosco gets the ass “ rd 20 preview I wrote in the 2019 pre-season ( 1 week out I believe ) and that weird ass novella about the crow but pretty good none the less

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The boys will be amped after last weekend's performance and will look to dish up some payback after our 2020 encounter.

Freo to slam the nail into the coffin that is Carlton's season and Teague's tenure as head coach.

Josh Treacy to debut and kick a bag on Liam Jones.

Freo by 12.

Last edited:
Megagood!!! Required reading for our boys, I reckon.

I was at THAT game with my son, close to THAT goal and I've rarely experienced such a total letdown at the footy. Momentarily mind-numbing....but you knew utter awfulness was just around the return-to-consciousness corner.

REVENGE, BOYS

Well I think we’ve learnt from our first 2 weeks it’s never as bad or as good as it seems with Melbourne being a bit better than we thought & GWS probably not as good as anticipated. We’ve gone from bottom 4 & even Owen getting a mention to a rise up the ladder again.

The Melbourne game we started so well, but the skills were poor. We could have had that game on a different course if we had more composure & kicked the first 3 like we should have. But JLo was confident he saw enough that we could ‘flick a switch’ & improve our ball movement & skill v GWS.

He was right, except for in front of goals. But the important thing we need is the dare we showed on the weekend to move the ball quickly & take a risk through the middle of the ground. I just hope we don’t go back into our shells with a more committed opponent & a hostile crowd.

I felt that was the case when the errors began V Melbourne, with players not wanting to make an mistake after such an error riddled start. That’s why I think JLo could see promise.

Hopefully the style of footy we saw on the weekend is going to be the new norm & we get better & more efficient weekly. If we can do that this week, we can expose a not so defensive Carlton & win by 3-4 goals with much improved goal kicking.

Last edited:
Carlton are getting smashed in the media so I'm expecting them to come out guns blazing.
Yep, saw the article on afl.com.au and was like "ploz stop"

You just know they are going to come out and defend like us against Sydney in the prelim

I'm in two minds if (when) we win.

Do we rub it in their smug, entitled faces?

Or do we just move on to next week, like eh, another 4 points, next!

I can't believe the sheer volumes of superiority and delusion that come off their supporters (surprisingly, Norf supporters are the same). This is a real 50/50 clash for both clubs. Yes Carlton should go in favourites as the home side, but it is nowhere near the sure thing they are expecting.

Are we just used to pain that much that we know that every game is a flip of the coin? Is this the trauma that comes from bleeding purple? That we can never be fully assured of our place in the order?

Good old media doing half the blues coaches job for them , still a bit of pressure on Teague

Last year their bigger bodies like Cripps and Curnow got hold of us around the ball ups and we were hanging on by a fingernail at the end even without all the after the siren bullshit. I think we are better placed to deal with that and hurt them on the spread this season

Need to hang in there early on and take the sitters when they are there to get a win I think

Not keen on too many underdone player coming in for this week

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never felt the urge to look beyond the Freo board, but just took a look at the first few posts. I'm thinking Yeti might prefer it if you weren't directing others towards that page...

I'm comfortable with my viewpoint at the time. It was valid then and if our club could get players recovered I have faith that they would be again.

Unfortunately it seems we are either cursed or incompetent.

Carlton are getting smashed in the media so I'm expecting them to come out guns blazing.

yup! A no fyfe freo and playing away with one of the worst injury lists in the competiion, Carlton are no doubt licking their lips hoping to smash us and get their season back on track.

I'm really liking Carlton being put under the pump. I hope they come out all fired up.

If our young Freo side sans Fyfe can weather it and come out on top (or even a narrow loss) then that will be a really strong sign of progress.

Nothing worse than the false dawn of beating a weak as lettuce leaf team and then thinking a team is finals bound. Carlton know all about false dawns, ask them.

I'm really liking Carlton being put under the pump. I hope they come out all fired up.

If our young Freo side sans Fyfe can weather it and come out on top (or even a narrow loss) then that will be a really strong sign of progress.

Nothing worse than the false dawn of beating a weak as lettuce leaf team and then thinking a team is finals bound. Carlton know all about false dawns, ask them.

We've missed Fyfe at times over the last few years and still won, so I'd back that trend to continue. My only concern is that Mundy will have a quiet game after last week and can our mids step up again to fill the void. Mundy was vintage last week, Brayshaw was just as good, so Cerra and Serong will need to play at another level to compensate if Mundy has a quiet game. Can't expect Mundy to play like that week in week out (I won't complain if he does though!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back