Preview Match Preview: Plastics vs Western Bulldogs 03 April 2020, Spotless Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Things were different back in 41’.

Ol’ Pa Brisdog merely benched the de-boned corpses of wild hogs, and that was after bashing their midriffs for 12 x 7 minute rounds.

He would bind two equal sized corpses with a hard-timbered pole and bench press the pulverised corpses for several hundred reps until the pole would snap. Then use the sharpened wooden steaks to flog my father and his now deceased brother Uncle Geoffrey, anyway...

Around this era there was a utopian harbour in Hawaii. Pearl Harbour to be exact. A peaceful, restful place for the well-to-do residents of the western states of the US who had survived the depression and taken their few survived pennies to a fine vista to live out their final years in serenity.

Japan wasn’t a country of real importance at the time. Sure, their Geisha’s were hot (if you chose the female variety - boy oh boy a few got it wrong). Their food was interesting, but really, no one gave a f**k.

That was until the fateful day of 7 December 1941. Wars were played in a reasonable gentlemanly fashion in these time’s. White flags were waved when things became too hard (the French - Geelong). Large attacks (Barbarossa) were well advertised, respected, and ultimately victorious.

No Pearl Harbour was something different. It was what one way may declare ‘ungentlemenly’ as Whitten described it, warming up for the Footscray under 12’s in 41’.

The defeat, our demise, the slaying, raping and eye-reconstruction that incurred to our heroes on 18 August of 2019 was our Pearl Harbour. I witnessed the horrors.

3 April 2020 is our ultimate revenge - our Hiroshima. It is time to end their club, their entity. I want to smell them melt.

527A0A48-51E8-44EE-875D-43F3C49A75B9.png

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think the infamous "Cider house rules" incident from 2016 still haunts you BrisDog and it has left a scar that
will never fade.

To quote Bushido " A samurai having said or done something owns that thing he is responsible for it and all
consequences that follow".

To quote Cypress Hill from the CD Black Sunday, Track 4: "when the sh** goes down" and of course their
special tribute to Toby Greene Track 11: "what go around come around, kid".

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jesus, can’t believe I posted that at 8:33pm. I became even more repugnant (and illegible) as the evening wore on.

Lucky Mrs Brisdog hides my phone from me after 9pm after the ‘unemployment incident’.

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
it’s in Canberra
Well we will Nuke that s**t hole then - mods will that get me in trouble will the authorities?

To be clear I don’t actually have any Nukes, nor anyone that I know, I am merely speaking figuratively and only wish for only minor physical harm to their 47 supporters, 52 players and 1100 AFL employees and marketeers.

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are other, I believe better, examples than Hiroshima (from WW2 and Vietnam) that I would like to visit on those sh1t-stains... but decorum, and a likely life-time ban, means I will leave it to your imaginations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There are other, I believe better, examples than Hiroshima (from WW2 and Vietnam) that I would like to visit on those sh1t-stains... but decorum, and a likely life-time ban, means I will leave it to your imaginations.
Oh yes, go on comrade...

Things were different back in 41’.

Ol’ Pa Brisdog merely benched the de-boned corpses of wild hogs, and that was after bashing their midriffs for 12 x 7 minute rounds.

He would bind two equal sized corpses with a hard-timbered pole and bench press the pulverised corpses for several hundred reps until the pole would snap. Then use the sharpened wooden steaks to flog my father and his now deceased brother Uncle Geoffrey, anyway...

Around this era there was a utopian harbour in Hawaii. Pearl Harbour to be exact. A peaceful, restful place for the well-to-do residents of the western states of the US who had survived the depression and taken their few survived pennies to a fine vista to live out their final years in serenity.

Japan wasn’t a country of real importance at the time. Sure, their Geisha’s were hot (if you chose the female variety - boy oh boy a few got it wrong). Their food was interesting, but really, no one gave a f**k.

That was until the fateful day of 7 December 1941. Wars were played in a reasonable gentlemanly fashion in these time’s. White flags were waved when things became too hard (the French - Geelong). Large attacks (Barbarossa) were well advertised, respected, and ultimately victorious.

No Pearl Harbour was something different. It was what one way may declare ‘ungentlemenly’ as Whitten described it, warming up for the Footscray under 12’s in 41’.

The defeat, our demise, the slaying, raping and eye-reconstruction that incurred to our heroes on 18 August of 2019 was our Pearl Harbour. I witnessed the horrors.

3 April 2020 is our ultimate revenge - our Hiroshima. It is time to end their club, their entity. I want to smell them melt.
I usually love a historical metaphor Brisdog but having just shed quite a few tears at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial I can’t go with you on this one.

I get your meaning (and I know you were pretty sh*t-faced at the time) but some things are just so tragic and inhumane (e.g. the Holocaust, Hiroshima) that even the passing of 70 years seems too soon for a humorous allusion.

Besides, the Yanks had softer options which might have ended the war just as quickly and safely, but without the indiscriminate slaughter of well over a quarter of a million people, many of them women, innocent schoolchildren and elderly.

Apologies for the mini homily but it’s very raw right now and just as relevant in the 21st century.

Anyway ...

let’s stick it up the Giants!
I’ll be there.

Attachments

• E0F5EA67-97D3-4C5C-AEC9-75564B1C1829.jpeg
    E0F5EA67-97D3-4C5C-AEC9-75564B1C1829.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 102

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I usually love a historical metaphor Brisdog but having just shed quite a few tears at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial I can’t go with you on this one.

I get your meaning (and I know you were pretty sh*t-faced at the time) but some things are just so tragic and inhumane (e.g. the Holocaust, Hiroshima) that even the passing of 70 years seems too soon for a humorous allusion.

Besides, the Yanks had softer options which might have ended the war just as quickly and safely, but without the indiscriminate slaughter of well over a quarter of a million people, many of them women, innocent schoolchildren and elderly.

Apologies for the mini homily but it’s very raw right now and just as relevant in the 21st century.

Anyway ...

I’ll be there.
Sorry to bring up those emotions for you dogwatch. That is a shame and I wish I could take it back for you, but I generally write in a satirical nature and have never been susceptible to the PC crowd. And proudly never will.

Sorry to bring up those emotions for you dogwatch. That is a shame and I wish I could take it back for you, but I generally write in a satirical nature and have never been susceptible to the PC crowd. And proudly never will.
No problem BD. The emotions came from the memorial itself. Surprised myself how much it moved me.

I love your work and don’t really want you to change. Just felt it was worth a reflective comment. And no I’m not into PC for its own sake either. It’s what feels right/wrong that’s important.

Carry on ... !

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I even take a loss if it meant Toby Greene got knocked out and carried off on a stretcher. Well on second thoughts maybe not the former.

Anyway ...

I’ll be there.

Careful with the numbers Dogwatch. I also visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki this year. Hiroshima was less than 190,000 deaths.

To put into perspective, China had 16,000,000 civilian deaths and Russia 14,000,000.

Japan had mostly military casualties at 2,400,000.

Poland for example had over 5,000,000 civilian deaths.

In the end a lot of people died....At the hands of the Japanese.

Careful with the numbers Dogwatch. I also visited Hiroshima and Nagasaki this year. Hiroshima was less than 190,000 deaths.

To put into perspective, China had 16,000,000 civilian deaths and Russia 14,000,000.

Japan had mostly military casualties at 2,400,000.

Poland for example had over 5,000,000 civilian deaths.

In the end a lot of people died....At the hands of the Japanese.
I was being careful with the numbers.

To be more precise there were an estimated 140,000 deaths in Hiroshima between 6 August and the end of the year. (They can’t be more accurate than that because most of the official records were destroyed in the blast.) There were about half that number killed at Nagasaki (estimated 74,000 I think) making well over 200,000 by the end of 1945.

Seeing many many thousands died of radiation-related disease over the ensuing decades I think a quarter of a million is a very safe approximation. In reality it was probably far higher than that.

No quibble with the other numbers but they are straw men. I was not alluding to the many other atrocities of WWII, some far greater than the atomic bomb. Nor was I defending the brutal Japanese military - my father fought them in Burma and would have nothing to do with them until the 1970s. So I’m not sure why you raised those.

What I was saying was the way the Hiroshima bombing was executed was unnecessary and inhumane. The justification for it was tenuous but I’ll concede that 70 years of reflection can obscure the acute stresses and single-minded mentality of the time. It was a terrible choice to be given.

Anyway, enough from me on that topic for this thread. Happy to discuss more by PM if you wish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back