Preview Match Previews 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats mate :thumbsu:

I'll put you down for Round 11 for now. Lemme know if you'd like to change at a later date.

That should be fine.

Yeah thanks for the words we appreciate it. It’s a new time for sure.

Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Kurt Tippet Cup a match of eternal disappointment and false hopes.

I love it.
Round 2 is against the power actually so maybe the Powell-Pepper Florent-Hayward Cup :)

Would anyone like to do a preview this week or next? Don't have anyone rostered for Giants, Dogs or Cats games in the upcoming weeks so would be nice to get something up. Doesn't need to be anything too extravagant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The following slots are still available for anyone keen to do a preview.

Round 18 Saturday, July 21

Gold Coast

Round 19 Friday, July 27
Essendon

Round 21 Sunday, August 12
Melbourne

Round 22 Saturday, August 18
GWS Giants

Also, there's still no one allocated for the Hawthorn game this week. If there's no one interested I'll try to whip something up quickly.

Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
The following slots are still available for anyone keen to do a preview.

Round 18 Saturday, July 21

Gold Coast

Round 19 Friday, July 27
Essendon

Round 21 Sunday, August 12
Melbourne

Round 22 Saturday, August 18
GWS Giants

Also, there's still no one allocated for the Hawthorn game this week. If there's no one interested I'll try to whip something up quickly.

I am happy to take Essendon, or if required Hawthorn this week (It won't be up until tonight though).

SlingshotFooty

Team Captain
May 30, 2015
Folsom, CA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kansas State, KC Chiefs & Royals
I can try to take Gold Coast. I might be on a fire, but should hopefully be able to find some time as long as we have good internet =)

I can try to take Gold Coast. I might be on a fire, but should hopefully be able to find some time as long as we have good internet =)
Sorry I'm off topic here but I saw the film Only The Brave last week and thought of you! Is the strategy and planning they touch on in that, what you do?

Sorry if that's a dumb question :oops:

SlingshotFooty

Team Captain
May 30, 2015
Folsom, CA
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kansas State, KC Chiefs & Royals
Sorry I'm off topic here but I saw the film Only The Brave last week and thought of you! Is the strategy and planning they touch on in that, what you do?

Sorry if that's a dumb question :oops:

Yeah, but I just make the maps so I stay in camp all day. I'm not a hotshot or smoke jumper like the guys in that movie. That takes a certain kind of person to do. =)

There's about 90 of us that are overhead. Plans, Operations, Public Information, Logistics, Comms. I'm in the Situation unit under plans...at the bottom of the pile. Luckily I get paid my regular salary plus OT though, so it's not all bad. Same wage...less responsibility!

Here's the jobs: https://emilms.fema.gov/is200b/assets/ics200hc_l02_s30.gif

Depending on how big/complex a fire gets the more people you have. Also predicted weather plays a big factor as well. We do 16 hour days for 14 days plus a travel day on each end. The major downside is I don't get to watch any footy because I don't want to spoil any Swans outcomes.

Yeah, but I just make the maps so I stay in camp all day. I'm not a hotshot or smoke jumper like the guys in that movie. That takes a certain kind of person to do. =)

There's about 90 of us that are overhead. Plans, Operations, Public Information, Logistics, Comms. I'm in the Situation unit under plans...at the bottom of the pile. Luckily I get paid my regular salary plus OT though, so it's not all bad. Same wage...less responsibility!

Here's the jobs: https://emilms.fema.gov/is200b/assets/ics200hc_l02_s30.gif

Depending on how big/complex a fire gets the more people you have. Also predicted weather plays a big factor as well. We do 16 hour days for 14 days plus a travel day on each end. The major downside is I don't get to watch any footy because I don't want to spoil any Swans outcomes.
Absolutely amazing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back