MRP / Trib. Match Review Panel general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

considering Roughy pulled Joel into the tackle and Joel had his arm around the ball, Roughy would have to be expecting some contact along the way. Selwood wasn't going to let go of that ball. Only he would know whether he accidentally on purpose 'slipped' as he was getting up but the fact that his arm touched Roughy as he was steading himself is in no way similar to the angry choking by Lake or the forearm lockdown by Harvey.

The North/Hawks flogs who are trying to draw parallels have been sucked in by the picture books that show a microsecond glimpse of the action. Perhaps they'd better learn to look a bit deeper next time.
Roughnut targeted Sel. Just as he did Buddy against the Swans.

The publicity would have encouraged Bowden to refer the incident to the MRP who correctly consigned it to the garbage bin.

I don't think the hatred could be due to anything like years of extended media coverage and favouritism- which causes me to hate Freo and WCE with almost equal passion... If it's due to the fact that the Cats supposedly get a good run with the umps (as was said when we played Carlton but refuted on the basis of the fact that Carlton had a much better free kick differential)- maybe the stats will tell us a different story.

Just looking at the amount of Frees For vs Frees Against (FF-FA), Cats have the 7th highest free kick differential. First is Carlton (FF Ave 18.2- FA ave 4.6= 3.6), then West Coast (2.2), Adelaide comes in at #3 (2.0), Hawks are 4th (0.9), NM are 5th (0.5), then Richmond 6th (0.4). The Cats are 7th with a free kick differential of 0.2, averaging 17.1 Frees For per game and 16.9 Frees Against. Hardly anything to get upset about if you're an opposition supporter :confused:

At the other end of the table, counting upward from the worst, is Freo (FF 15- FA 17.3= -2.3), then Gold Coast (-2.0), Collingwood (-1.7) and St Kilda (-1.1)
Yep the stats don't support the outrage-in fact someone posted the goals w get from frees etc and we were way down the list.

Why is a medical report only mentioned for the Hawkins incident ?
Dawson coathangered Buddy and Buddy was holding his jaw for a couple of minutes afterwards,yet no medical report mentioned.

At least it gives the trolls something to bitch about,so this pleases me :p
Buddy got a bit of his own medicine??? Noice :)

Pity it was that f-wit Spud. He's a sniper, isn't he? Pretends to be all unco and clumsy but he sure knows how to hit a target (unless it's with the ball!). Just ask Selwood...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I have learned about the MRP-that the Hawks are the biggest whingers in the comp, bar none.;) They need to take a few chill pills.

Might just stick this here,I'm sure it will come in handy one day.
MRP grading's.
tribunal-table-620.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back