MRP / Trib. Match Review Panel rd 11 Chook Lotto results: Scooter reprimand, Darling cleared

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL clearly state they don't use precedents in their tribunal decisions. I cannot see how you can make a fair system if that is the case. We were very lucky this week, perhaps last year both would have gone.
Darling would've lost no sleep over that one - was never a risk.

The MRP may be all over the place with what they hand out (not their fault, the points), but their baseline is extremely consistent

Glad to see the AFL did the smart thing and spared two of the rising star candidates, Scooter is lucky but similar thing happened to Nicoski earlier in the year and a suspension wasn't involved.

Darling free to play

Match review panel in its wisdom decided to drop the case against Jack Darling. We were at the game and thought the only person who thought it was reportable was the umpire. I was thinking that not only was it a free kick but also got a 50m penalty which resulted in a goal. The penalty for a report should be a free kick not an extra 50m as this creates a false scoring opportunity which is not overturned by the match review panel if the report does not go through . Just my thoughts

Re: Darling free to play

Match review panel in its wisdom decided to drop the case against Jack Darling. We were at the game and thought the only person who thought it was reportable was the umpire. I was thinking that not only was it a free kick but also got a 50m penalty which resulted in a goal. The penalty for a report should be a free kick not an extra 50m as this creates a false scoring opportunity which is not overturned by the match review panel if the report does not go through . Just my thoughts
It wasn't a free kick as the mark to Campbell Brown was paid meaning the late contact instead of being a free kick was a 50 metre penalty. The penalty for a report is always a free kick unless circumstances occur such as on the weekend where the mark was taken and thus a 50 metre penalty was awarded for the late contact.

Re: Darling free to play

I was left with two strong impressions:

• Umpiring lacked a feel for the game - a consistant problem
  • If anything Darling lifted his game after the incident showing a level of mental strength and maturity that is good to see.

Thanks.

Apparently flooring someone is considered low impact. In a boxing ring, it's considered a devastating punch and an effective weapon but on an AFL field it's low impact.

Makes sense.

Chooks Lotto baby! Yeeeeeehaw

If Selwood threw that in a boxing ring his opponent would be floored with laughter, we all know gabletts a pussy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much of a chook lottery about this - the only mistakes are made when they incorrectly (subjective term there) formulate the charge.

Scooter drew enough points for a one week holiday - which is fair - and his lack of record meant that he only gets a reprimand this time - which is also fair.

If he tries it again he will get two weeks off. I think that would be sensible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back