Autopsy Match Simulation, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Demons

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight, it seems like common sense that if Nas is going to play in the backline, that he also takes the kick-ins. Or at least whoever the best kick is. Saw Sinclair take a few of them.

Absolutely blows me away that we continued to persist with Howard bringing the ball back in.

It's a small change but it seems obvious looking back now.

Any choices involving Sinclair, i go with Sinclair.

The worry for Clark weather it’s mid or hbf is his defensive running smart players will just run off him
That’s where you hope he learns under RTB.

Dal Santo ran one way for years - until he didn’t. Had to learn the hard way though.

Near zero chance of displacing Crouch, who is sneaky important for us.
Ross played in the B Team but I’d still have him in his ‘22 role ahead of Clark.
I agree with you, he should be a mid, but a combo of bad luck and seemingly laziness is making it hard for him, and soft for me.

Should be a centre, doesn't have the capacity to be a mid in true sort of capacity lacks spatial awareness that'd made peak Kosi look smartest bloke in the room. Doesn't have the burst for space for run and carry, but does create some space to use disposal when there's an advantageous position, so create that position. That screams to take a hit and be in the bottom of that pack but strong enough core to shake it, direct it or hold. Essentially Ross mk2 with Billings disposal, only, arguably, they are both smarter footballers than HC who try harder in application so he got shunted around.

yeah it will be interesting to see if the the widely claimed abilities of Ross being able to get the best out of players works for Byrnes, by his own admission in his press grab after Friday, his strength is running, but winning the ball and kicking is his weakness. Clarke probably has him covered?
If we are relying on Ross to get the best of every player we should fold now. I’d it’s abou then let’s atrng i

M
Mm
In hindsight, it seems like common sense that if Nas is going to play in the backline, that he also takes the kick-ins. Or at least whoever the best kick is. Saw Sinclair take a few of them.

Absolutely blows me away that we continued to persist with Howard bringing the ball back in.

you can’t run from 80 metres away.

Should be a centre, doesn't have the capacity to be a mid in true sort of capacity lacks spatial awareness that'd made peak Kosi look smartest bloke in the room. Doesn't have the burst for space for run and carry, but does create some space to use disposal when there's an advantageous position, so create that position. That screams to take a hit and be in the bottom of that pack but strong enough core to shake it, direct it or hold. Essentially Ross mk2 with Billings disposal, only, arguably, they are both smarter footballers than HC who try harder in application so he got shunted around.
Centre? What position is that? Every centre square player is nearly from the same position.

Just want to say how good Kozzy Pickett was on Friday, don't think he was mentioned nearly enough on the broadcast.
Looks like he'll go to another level for them this year.

Was taking the piss, seems like that's all they spoke about. Was good though.
Think someone might have drank to much piss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it's more important that Nas takes the next kick from half back tbh than from full back. It's the next kick that opens up the game than the one from the kick in itself.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon it's more important that Nas takes the next kick from half back tbh than from full back. It's the next kick that opens up the game than the one from the kick in itself.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Anyone but Howard at this stage. Webster has a decent kick on him, should utilise him more.

Some of your best work yet Pluggsy!
Sounding like Gerald off Clarkson’s Farm
Drunk Happy Hour GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's hard because he has class and some attributes that should make him a gun AFL player but I can't find a position for him in the senior team. Seb Ross is still a level above him as a mid-for one.
I actually think that’s a good idea. Get him to dominate in the middle at Sandy for 5 weeks and then bring him in.

If we'd traded out the picks those years, all of us would assume that we would have picked Bont, and Petracca, (duh ) but in this universe we know that would have been a lie.
I remember the offer for Pick 1 was 4 and 7 from GWS, they also wanted 19 included with 1. And that offer was knocked back...I have read somewhere that the club was always keen on Degoey, they had apparently watched him from his draft year.
So they do the trade and pick Degoey and maybe Lever.

Actually, it was pretty obvious at the time.

Will they be forced to try Battle?
The other two don’t work, I don’t see any reason why they would not try Battle.
in a practice match. If only to determine which is the least worst option.
I have no idea what we might do when the serious stuff happens.
Edit: you answered the question above.
Leave Battle where he is I say. Play Sharman, Philipou and the Italian Stallion (even if he's not fit) as tallish fwds next week.
Maybe also give Heath a game and he can chop out the Hammer when he blows up. Who cares if we lose.

Back