Media Match Thread MVP- Rate the Opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

At least we can all happily agree that there will be no more than eight mids/rucks named in total. :love:
Headless the main thing of course is that if a dedicated Interchange has a massive season across the performance criteria on- and off-field, then the fact they are named consistently in an off-field position should not be valid as a reason to overlook them.

Otherwise it would become clear that our league is overseen by either criminals or dingbats.

Yes?

Headless the main thing of course is that if a dedicated Interchange has a massive season across the performance criteria on- and off-field, then the fact they are named consistently in an off-field position should not be valid as a reason to overlook them.

Otherwise it would become clear that our league is overseen by either criminals or dingbats.

Yes?

Grand Uncle Horace the GWS Goose idea is a noble one, but it falls down due to one issue. It's easily manipulated

The clubs who have highly motivated will swamp the votes and skew the decisions. That means teams dominated by bombers and demons, with the gumbies, budgies, and so on struggling to get any players in

The other issue is it becomes a popular vote, so popularity will naturally take over. Look at the Beez, and how players who don't post still get votes in an award for posting
I think Grand Uncle Horace was referring to using the results of this rate the MVP being considered a measure of posting quality.
The votes are consolidated, so the number of players voters doesn't impact the results.
The weakness is that it compares posters reletive to their team mates.

That still can get corrupted by non club alliances (NC, discord, bogans, etc)

Also who decides how to consolidate each club list and then consolidate into a final one? It creates 13 fights instead of 1
It could be, with a lot of effort. You'd need a few in each team to vote in a block to have much influence.
The juice isn't worth the squeeze!

The processes are too different to make any claims that discrepancies between the two must suggest at least one is wrong.
- Match Threads v Primarily Media with a Match Thread chaser.
- Own team excluded v Own team eligible.
- Week by week instances v Overall guage of season.
- All-invitational v Limited number of submitters.

Too much variation in composition to line one up against the other and produce arguments from it.

(but it was still funny when Barrybran showed the Dragons a tree and the Dragons said "Yeah but where's the tree? I don't see a tree in that tree. Show me how that tree is a tree.")

It could be, with a lot of effort. You'd need a few in each team to vote in a block to have much influence.
The juice isn't worth the squeeze!

You'd be surprised

Yes?
I need a lawyer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weakness is that it compares posters reletive to their team mates.

yes it is relative to team mates but doubt many would be fussed and still offers a lens on who is valued in individual matches.

Not suggesting it is the only lens but a source that is available to help. I value it more more than the evident prejudice and bias the current system is open to.

Btw GWS Goose I'm discussing this from the view of using this to replace the all SFA process, not as a supp
Definitely shouldn't replace.
I think it is worth referencing whilst making decisions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back