Media Match Thread Posting Participation

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Even though we're on the same team I found the Warriors and Royals less fun to post against than the Swampies, Furies and Hawks.
You agreed with gym4life but took the opposite POV to him .....how is that so?

Notice you conveniently name 1,2, & 4 ranked teams .....and conveniently leave out the Dragons :p

You agreed with gym4life but took the opposite POV to him .....how is that so?

Notice you conveniently name 1,2, & 4 ranked teams .....and conveniently leave out the Dragons :p
That's part coincidence and part symptom really. What made the teams I listed good to post against is a core 5-6 posters who regularly engaged with us with an additional 3-4 swinging in here and there. Two Bears players posted as a Dragons players for a week and were the second and third most prolific posters for that week.

The thing is quantity doesn’t necessarily equate to effort so it would be a meaningless and impossible task. You get people who could post 100 times in a thread putting less thought into them than a poster that only posted 10 times.
There have been cases of clubs having an unsuccessful season on field while being a dominant force off of it however it is practically impossible to fix and personallly my enjoyment in a match thread doesn’t rely on the result anyway.
This could be the case .....but by n large most of the low # posters are the one's putting little effort in .....normally just showing their face or one line comments, very little effort

Don't criticise high # posters who are trying to make game-day threads enjoyable, but often have to force discussion, due to a reluctance to engage :think:

But it's not the teams making an effort from what I have seen (in my admittedly little time here so far), it is the teams amassing 4 and 5 word spamswers to every single post in the match thread that are at the top of the table posted.

"I know you are but what am I" does not contribute in any way to the enjoyment of your fellow posters.

They aren't making an effort, they are doing exactly the opposite.
Spot on :thumbsu:

People should just stop obsessing over post count.

I don’t give a s**t if you get 30 posts or 100 posts.. a s**t poster is a s**t poster regardless and a good poster is a good poster regardless.
Using your survey as an example, post count isn't everything but activity is required to maintain a conversation so there is some importance to it. If 1-2 people are posting 30 times a week you probably have a stagnant conversation. If 10+ people are posting 30 times per week the conversation will naturally be more robust.

Hyperactivity is problematic.

Inactivity is problematic.

If you had to choose, you’d want your team around 5th our of the 10 teams on the posting ladder. Another thing the Wonders are doing right (goes nicely with our 4 game winning streak [in which I have kicked 25 goals]).

Using your survey as an example, post count isn't everything but activity is required to maintain a conversation so there is some importance to it. If 1-2 people are posting 30 times a week you probably have a stagnant conversation. If 10+ people are posting 30 times per week the conversation will naturally be more robust.
That’s true to an extent. But it’s not always the case. Some posters contribute more relevant, sustained, on topic discussion. Others contribute absolute s**t or post 7 times in a row and boost their numbers.

Rather than sustaining a robust discussion, some posters’ desperation to boost posting stats actually interrupts the flow of discussion and often means there are pages and pages to read through before people can actually try to continue the earlier robust discussion.

Some posters post one image or one sentence. Others post plenty in the one post.

Anyway, quality > quantity all day but we are all different in terms of what we think quality is.

Surely nobody appreciates the posters who post 160 times in every thread without saying anything. The same posters who post 8-9 times in a row instead of multi quoting. Blight on the game.

There are some bloody awesome posters in this league who chip in for 10-20 posts per week, but it becomes hard to find those gems with multiple meaningless 100+ posters clogging the thread.

Last edited:
Quality over quantity every time.

s**t posting is s**t posting, no matter the motivation. Sure it adds pages, but * all to the quality of the thread, just means more spam to trawl through.

Quality over quantity every time.

s**t posting is s**t posting, no matter the motivation. Sure it adds pages, but **** all to the quality of the thread, just means more spam to trawl through.

I feel people tend to just label activity as shitposting. Don't get me wrong, there's been some shocking examples. But, as much as I'm biased, I look at most of our threads, where we're one of the most active teams in the competition. Very very little of that is nonsensical or posting for posting's sake. We're just a very engaged side and there's usually at least 3 of us to banter with eachother. Whether or not the other team shows up doesn't really slow us down.

I feel people tend to just label activity as shitposting. Don't get me wrong, there's been some shocking examples. But, as much as I'm biased, I look at most of our threads, where we're one of the most active teams in the competition. Very very little of that is nonsensical or posting for posting's sake. We're just a very engaged side and there's usually at least 3 of us to banter with eachother. Whether or not the other team shows up doesn't really slow us down.
To be fair, I can see why others thought we were a bit spammy early on but I think everyone has found their groove and it's exactly as you say - a bunch of guys who enjoy each others company and happen to play on the same team. I think we're very lucky this season.

All this really proves is how spammy the spam rats are.
We caught them last so maybe we got a different version of the Swampies but they were excellent value in our matchup. Multiple posters engaging directly with the opposition, plenty of banter and that's even with a day off posting through the week. Compare to the Gumbies this week where one poster bantered with us on the first day, a different poster bantered with us on the last day and two players just memed their way through the week. Give me the Swamprats over that any day.

We caught them last so maybe we got a different version of the Swampies but they were excellent value in our matchup. Multiple posters engaging directly with the opposition, plenty of banter and that's even with a day off posting through the week. Compare to the Gumbies this week where one poster bantered with us on the first day, a different poster bantered with us on the last day and two players just memed their way through the week. Give me the Swamprats over that any day.

Gifs don't count as banter.

Cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A solid gif can take an hour to create. It mightn't have a throwaway value in a match thread compared to a dissertation, but I wouldn't call that cheap.

Except 99.9% of gifs posted in here are n9t created by the poster.

Except 99.9% of gifs posted in here are n9t created by the poster.
vB9B5.gif

Swampies are fine when they actually banter rather than get into constantly off topic crap.

Check that trend though. Downhill since Dingster left with the exception of the game against the Bears.
We get berated for spamming and punished for not spamming, I don't like this game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back