Discussion Match Threads. Do We Need Them?

What day should Match Threads go up?

• Monday

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saturday

• Sunday

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. Having these go up in the middle of the afternoon on a Monday causes the threads to start to merge. You don't get that clear day where teams actually talked amongst themselves for a bit before getting back into it on a Tuesday arvo.
I'm with you on this. Tuesdays for match threads.

Is that when they used to be ?
Ace pls. 👇

match threads are what you make them.
I love a roys match thread, and i think many others do to, we don't post that many media pieces either, cause we're not desperate beez flogs like the rest of you.
Without match threads, what media would we be able to produce? The back and forth creates these moments you so crave, then they get turned into great pieces by our master story tellers, or absolute s**t by flogs.

You can't have one without the other.

if you think the match threads are s**t.....what are you actually doing to make them better?
Roys have weekly opposition awards, themes, tours etc, we put effort into our match threads, cause that's were the magic happens. You've seen the quality of Mobbs' media, dreadful. but you don't go to Mobbs for media, you go to mobbs for glorious tales and Minecraft solutions in the match threads.

Without the match threads, the media wouldn't be worth the code it written on.

Yeah that was weird. Especially since at the time there seemed to be five Warriors conversing with one Hawk.

I disagree. Having these go up in the middle of the afternoon on a Monday causes the threads to start to merge. You don't get that clear day where teams actually talked amongst themselves for a bit before getting back into it on a Tuesday arvo.

For the last time, it's only afternoon for you backwards WAers.

I do agree with Tuesday match threads though. Exceptions can be Round 1 since people have had a long break anyway.

I love a roys match thread, and i think many others do to, we don't post that many media pieces either, cause we're not desperate beez flogs like the rest of you.
Without match threads, what media would we be able to produce? The back and forth creates these moments you so crave, then they get turned into great pieces by our master story tellers, or absolute sh*t by flogs.

if you think the match threads are sh*t.....what are you actually doing to make them better?
Roys have weekly opposition awards, themes, tours etc, we put effort into our match threads, cause that's were the magic happens. You've seen the quality of Mobbs' media, dreadful. but you don't go to Mobbs for media, you go to mobbs for glorious tales and Minecraft solutions in the match threads.

Yeah the Roys were good value last week. I can't really remember engaging the Roys when I played them last, think I had dropped off a bit then, but I had fun. Probably also due to me not posting just to contribute.

It's not so much that match threads are s**t, it's just the thing I enjoy the least in this place and I feel like they could be improved. I understand I'm in the minority though.

As for what am I doing to make them better? Absolutely * all. I wouldn't know where to start, and even if I did, I don't possess the clout to get anything out into action 😂 in posting less you could argue in doing my bit to make them better.

I think your point on media being worse off without match threads is a pretty good point. I hadn't even considered that.

Without match threads, what media would we be able to produce? The back and forth creates these moments you so crave, then they get turned into great pieces by our master story tellers, or absolute sh*t by flogs.

if you think the match threads are sh*t.....what are you actually doing to make them better?

Also, I like Mobbs media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing the Hawks this week.

I was offline for 30min, returned and had missed 6 pages of content.

It's a ******* chore playing against spammers.

I see how this is.

I bid you good day. I said good day.

You bring up some very good points in here.

I was discussing similar with TheInjuryFactory the other day, the best part of the SFA always occurs outside of match threads, the drama and the controversy that occurs. That is not to say there aren't good match threads, there are, but if people listed their top 5 moments in the past few seasons, I would almost guarantee they will not name a match thread.

I don't mean to sound like a "back in my day" type, but match threads have declined in overall quality over the seasons. People are in general more interested in their post count, activity and insular team mate banter than they are actually engaging with the opposition. We got accused of being inactive in our match thread this week despite being one of the most active teams in the league. Honestly, this says a lot about the mentality and attitude of many in the league where having 5-6 getting over 100 posts every week seems to have become to "standard" for being an active team.

imo, this sort of mentality is a huge turn off for rookies. I remember when I was a rookie and thinking I had to keep up with akkaps and his spammy posting, I can only imagine how many rookies look at their spammy teammates, or opposition and go "sh*t, do i seriously have to keep up with this?" and turn off and not post again.

I don't think the match threads themselves need to change. The time frame for them is fine and the great thing about the SFA is you don't have to post every single day (or even every week) in order to keep your spot on a team, it's what you make of it really. The attitude of "bigger post count iz better" needs to stop though.

Sorry to turn this thread into another "Is the league too spammy" debate, I'm not as anti spam as some here, but some in the league do need to chill the fu** out.

Media is definitely the best part of the league. Always has been seeing this league is built off of petty drama.

I feel like, for the most part, match threads have actually improved in the past 2-3 seasons. Even teams which can be frustratingly spammy, i.e. the Dragons, Bombers are definitely night and day better than the spamrats, and the "no u" dragons under cammo from yore. It's just not a format which allows for a reliable part of quality, more a place to give some mindless s**t talk, some general chat, some antagonism and move on.

I do think burnout does ruin match threads though. It can become a real grind if you're not feeling the league.

Back