Matchday 11

Is Pep right about Spurs being "The Harry Kane Team"?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

*Champions & Europa League games between matchday 10 & 11*

First off we have Stoke (who just came off an upset win vs Watford) vs Leicester (who comfortably swatted off Everton). If Leicester under new manager Claude Puel play like they did last game they should get the 3 points here.

Huddersfield and West Brom both experienced a loss last week but who will bounce back and push towards mid-table?

Brighton would be sitting pretty away from the relegation zone if they managed to get a win vs Swansea. Swansea on the other hand are out of the relegation zone by only goal difference so they'll be desperate to make sure they are not in anymore danger.

Newcastle had a surprise loss to Burnley but surely they can't lose to Bournemouth?

Burnley have overtaken Watford as this seasons surprise packet so far with a 1-0 win over Newcastle. Can they continue the momentum against Soton?

West Ham (Thanks to Antonio) bottled a lead to Palace in the stoppage time. Liverpool re-gained some confidence with a win over Huddersfield. Liverpool have won only 1 of their past 6 meetings with the Hammers. West Ham will be without Zabaleta due to suspension.

A Harry Kane-less Spurs lost to Man United while some Zaha magic got Palace a much needed point against West Ham. Expecting Spurs to bounce back here.

Everton under interim manager David Unsworth didn't go off to a good start losing to Leicester and now they face 8th placed Watford who could be without Troy Deeney due to suspension.

Take your pick between match of the round.

Either Man City vs Arsenal which will be free flowing. Would be a big scalp for Arsenal if they win and get in the top 4. But I feel Man City will be too strong.

Or Chelsea vs Man United which should be a lot tighter contest. 2 top 4 clubs going at it. Man Uniteds 2nd top 4 clash in 2 rounds.

My Picks:
Stoke vs Leicester 1-2
Huddersfield vs West Brom 1-1
Newcastle vs Bournemouth 1-0
Soton vs Burnley 1-2
Swansea vs Brighton 1-1
West Ham vs Liverpool 1-2
Spurs vs Palace 3-1
Man City vs Arsenal 4-2
Chelsea vs Man United 1-0
Everton vs Watford 1-2

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
What's this? Stoke v Leicester at in a sane time? Sweet!

I hope no one is seriously going to suggest Chelsea v United is the match of the round. If you genuinely think that, you've got rocks in your head. It's going to be as entertaining as the 'Northern Derby' (That's Burnley v Newcastle, since that's the closest team Newcastle have to a rival. No offence NUFC Tiger , but the match wasn't exactly the best it could've been!)

City v Arsenal has serious potential to be exciting as heck, though. Out of the big boys, that is the match of the round. Ross, I swear if you pick Chelsea-United...

Also, sorry BRAB , but I hope Everton gets the win over your lot. It's totally because Deeney is an ugly mug and totally not because of the fact that if you lose, we'll be taking over your spot.

I'd much rather watch Everton-Watford over that other match, and if you're not a fan of either Chelsea or United, you should do the same!

I hope no one is seriously going to suggest Chelsea v United is the match of the round. City v Arsenal has serious potential to be exciting as heck, though. Out of the big boys, that is the match of the round. Ross, I swear if you pick Chelsea-United...
haha went with a "take your pick" this week.

Chelsea normally attack and surprisingly Man United did vs Spurs so it should interesting how it plays out. Hopefully both sides come to play.

But yep Man City vs Arsenal should be a lot more fun to watch. But at the same time Man City are so good, so there is a "slight" chance it could get ugly.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
haha went with a "take your pick" this week.

Chelsea normally attack and surprisingly Man United did vs Spurs so it should interesting how it plays out. Hopefully both sides come to play.

But yep Man City vs Arsenal should be a lot more fun to watch but at the same time, Man City are so good that there is a "slight" chance it could get ugly.

Fingers crossed it will be a better showing last the last time United went to the Bridge (4-0 Chelsea).

I'm curious to see the Arsenal fans thoughts on this one. I get the weird feeling that its not as 'bad' as people think its going to be. I just have that funny feeling.

Call me insane in the membrane, but if we win against Stoke... I'm... actually really looking forward to the City game... after the break.

OK, that's too far ahead. This is the last game before the break anyway. Let's just beat Stoke and make pursuit on 6th!

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Stoke vs. Leicester - 1-2
Southampton vs. Burnley - 1-0
Newcastle Utd vs. Bournemouth - 2-0
Huddersfield vs. West Brom - 1-1
Swansea vs. Brighton - 2-1
West Ham vs. Liverpool - 1-4
Tottenham vs. Crystal Palace - 4-0
Man City vs. Arsenal - 3-1
Everton vs. Watford - 0-1
Chelsea vs. Man Utd - 0-0

elhadjihenry

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
City just have to sit back and wait for us to give the ball away then score on a quick counter. Our only chance is to score first and be able to sit on a lead, if we go behind and have to chase the game then they will rip us apart.

As much as it stifles our attacking play I wouldn't mind seeing Coquelin or Elneny come in for this one alongside Xhaka, with either Ramsey or Ozil dropping to the bench.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
City just have to sit back and wait for us to give the ball away then score on a quick counter. Our only chance is to score first and be able to sit on a lead, if we go behind and have to chase the game then they will rip us apart.

As much as it stifles our attacking play I wouldn't mind seeing Coquelin or Elneny come in for this one alongside Xhaka, with either Ramsey or Ozil dropping to the bench.

Does Wenger have it in him to play for a draw and look to counter ?

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
View attachment 433340
View attachment 433336

*Champions & Europa League games between matchday 10 & 11*

First off we have Stoke (who just came off an upset win vs Watford) vs Leicester (who comfortably swatted off Everton). If Leicester under new manager Claude Puel play like they did last game they should get the 3 points here.

Huddersfield and West Brom both experienced a loss last week but who will bounce back and push towards mid-table?

Brighton would be sitting pretty away from the relegation zone if they managed to get a win vs Swansea. Swansea on the other hand are out of the relegation zone by only goal difference so they'll be desperate to make sure they are not in anymore danger.

Newcastle had a surprise loss to Burnley but surely they can't lose to Bournemouth?

Burnley have overtaken Watford as this seasons surprise packet so far with a 1-0 win over Newcastle. Can they continue the momentum against Soton?

West Ham (Thanks to Antonio) bottled a lead to Palace in the stoppage time. Liverpool re-gained some confidence with a win over Huddersfield. Liverpool have won only 1 of their past 6 meetings with the Hammers. West Ham will be without Zabaleta due to suspension.

A Harry Kane-less Spurs lost to Man United while some Zaha magic got Palace a much needed point against West Ham. Expecting Spurs to bounce back here.

Everton under interim manager David Unsworth didn't go off to a good start losing to Leicester and now they face 8th placed Watford who could be without Troy Deeney due to suspension.

Take your pick between match of the round.

Either Man City vs Arsenal which will be free flowing. Would be a big scalp for Arsenal if they win and get in the top 4. But I feel Man City will be too strong.

Or Chelsea vs Man United which should be a lot tighter contest. 2 top 4 clubs going at it. Man Uniteds 2nd top 4 clash in 2 rounds.

My Picks:
Stoke vs Leicester 1-2
Huddersfield vs West Brom 1-1
Newcastle vs Bournemouth 1-0
Soton vs Burnley 1-2
Swansea vs Brighton 1-1
West Ham vs Liverpool 1-2
Spurs vs Palace 3-1
Man City vs Arsenal 4-2
Chelsea vs Man United 1-0
Everton vs Watford 1-2
11pm Melbourne I land at about 8pm that night. Happy days

Should be beating palace but I've got no confidence at Wembley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
When is WR back from suspension chef ?

You should be ashamed. You cost the board another all time melt you cumridden campaigner :hearts:

He should be back next week, he said he wasnt returning but he also said that last time. He loves me and this place to much

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Stoke 2-2 Leicester
Huddersfield 1-1 West Brom
Newcastle 2-0 Bournemouth
Soton 1-1 Burnley
Swansea 2-1 Brighton
West Ham 3-2 Liverpool
Spers 0-7 Palace
Man City 0-9 Arsenal
Chelsea 1-0 Man United
Everton 1-2 Watford

BotsMaster please tell me wtf happened to Everton I don't pay enough attention to soccer
Lukaku left and they didn't replace him with a good enough striker. I liken it to when Suarez left Liverpool and we ended up with Ricky Lambert leading the line.

Back