Matchday 12

Do you like International Breaks?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled.jpg
Untitled1.jpg

*International Break between Matchday 11 & 12*

First off we got the match of the round. The North London Derby. Arsenal vs Tottenham. Spurs could go up to 2nd depending on Man Uniteds result. Arsenal need a win to stay near the top 4. I think the Spurs train will keep chugging along here.

Bournemouth had an upset win over Newcastle but I don't think they can get another win against Huddersfield. Not really been impressed with Bournemouth this season.

Burnley on the other hand currently have the 4th best defence in the league only letting in 9 goals in 11 matches. They should get past Swansea easily who have the equal 2nd worst goal scoring record.

Everton had a spectacular comeback win over Watford the other day but I feel Palace could snatch a point here after a pretty decent performance in their loss to Spurs.

Leicester would be disappointed drawing with Stoke after a Peter Crouch header but they do seem on the right track under Puel. Unfortunately for them they face the best team in the league by far in Man City. This could get ugly.

Liverpool seem to be back to winning ways after a change in formation and 3 wins on the trot. Mane, Coutinho, Lallana and Henderson all could be back so they should handle Soton who have not been very good this season.

Chelsea haven't been overly terrific this season but their win over Man United via a Morata header should be a big confidence booster. West Brom won't get anything out of this game I feel. An interesting side story though is what happens with David Luiz who was left out of the squad completely last game.

Newcastle after a good start to their season have only won 1 of their last 6 games. For Man United, players like Lukaku and Mkhitaryan would love to get out of a bit of a slump and show some strong form here. Newcastle under Rafa are a very defensive side so will we see Mou go out and attack them?

West Ham have sacked Bilic after their 4-1 loss to Liverpool. Will we see the Moyesiah take over before the int break ends? Watford would be spewing after choking away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2 including missing a 100th minute pen. Will the Hammers start this new era on the right foot?

Stoke have grabbed a few points unexpectedly in the last few weeks and I think they have a chance to get another against Brighton who beat Swansea 1-0.

My Picks:
Arsenal vs Tottenham 1-2
Bournemouth vs Huddersfield 0-1
Burnley vs Swansea 2-0
Palace vs Everton 1-1
Leicester vs Man City 1-4
Liverpool vs Soton 3-1
West Brom vs Chelsea 0-2
Man United vs Newcastle 1-0
Watford vs West Ham 2-2
Brighton vs Stoke 1-1

Last edited:

Ugly? If by ugly you mean dirtying up that L column, then let's do it!

I'm actually really looking forward to this. I want to see what Pep has learnt since last time for myself.

I knew a few Bluemooners that are not looking forward to fixure at all. This will be a great test for both our sides.

It's gonna be extremely tough. But I believe that we can give hope to the rest of the league by doing the seemingly unthinkable.

My biggest worry is if Kompany comes back, so as much as I like they guy, one more week, big fella.

Don't know which of Fuchs or Chiwell I want to see start, but hopefully we won't have any silly defensive mistakes.

Keep the faith, and who knows? Could be quite a turning point for the season! I'm hoping we push for victory, and won't be content in holding back.

"Jack Watts will help Australia qualify for the World Cup vs Honduras."
Is he playing for Honduras?
"It will be Honduras vs the Jack Watts team" - Pep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But still manage to pop up with some silverware :D unlike some others.
You're morphing into a pool fan with every passing week.
Going to rest your stars* for your big match with Koln?

*very loosesly applied term

View attachment 435232
Stoke have grabbed a few points unexpectedly in the last few weeks and I think they have a chance to get another against Brighton who beat Swansea 1-0 via a terrific long shot from Van La Parra.

11aa494.jpg

Back