Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To use a certain Arsenhole lover's logic, we're in better form and should expect to win comprehensively. :rainbow::drunk::fire:

In all seriousness though, I would be so happy if we took our reserve side plus anyone who is ineligible for this fixture ala Alli to Azerbaijan mid week.

There is still a lot of talent at Chelsea and anything can happen in a derby. Dele is a huge loss for us IMO, there is no replacement available to us that is capable of giving us what he can. I'm not sure why Lamela didn't play yesterday but I am certainly open to more of the same, him being out doesn't hurt us in any way shape or form. Kane is back in form and our defense is as solid as a Spurs defense has been. I don't like to make predictions but win or loss I just hope we continue to bring the same brand and intensity that we've delivered all season (hopefully they do the same).
Roughly 64 hours from the end of our Europa game until EPL kickoff and we have to come back from the middle east, at least Chelsea are coming back from Tel Aviv so at least they're travelling too albeit it 2 days earlier so I'd send a weak squad to Azerbaijan too.

Lamela was out for the same reason Alli will be on Sunday and has been playing well in recent months. I'd expect It'd be Alli out, Lamela in and dembele drops in beside Dier with Eriksen playing centrally.

That leaves Lamela or Son to play on the left. Not sure if Son can? Lamela is pretty poor there from memory.
Lamela at 10 then and Eriksen on the left. Probably a better option than Mason coming in.

That leaves Lamela or Son to play on the left. Not sure if Son can? Lamela is pretty poor there from memory.
Son can play anywhere across the front four, Eriksen can play LM interchanging centrally and Lamela can play RM interchanging centrally, Son floats around filling the gaps

Well he is a Spuds supporter so yes he does.
Yeah you're right, after all we all know that gooners are innocent little angels :rolleyes:

you might want to hop back into your glass house :)

To use a certain Arsenhole lover's logic, we're in better form and should expect to win comprehensively. :rainbow::drunk::fire:

In all seriousness though, I would be so happy if we took our reserve side plus anyone who is ineligible for this fixture ala Alli to Azerbaijan mid week.

There is still a lot of talent at Chelsea and anything can happen in a derby. Dele is a huge loss for us IMO, there is no replacement available to us that is capable of giving us what he can. I'm not sure why Lamela didn't play yesterday but I am certainly open to more of the same, him being out doesn't hurt us in any way shape or form. Kane is back in form and our defense is as solid as a Spurs defense has been. I don't like to make predictions but win or loss I just hope we continue to bring the same brand and intensity that we've delivered all season (hopefully they do the same).
Lamela was out suspended. There is no doubt Dele is a big loss, but he's hardly irreplaceable. Mason was just about our best player before his injury and Dembele can play Dele's role as well, if not better in current form.
Lamela at 10 then and Eriksen on the left. Probably a better option than Mason coming in.
I would personally go with Mason in alongside Dier with Dembele pushed further forward, Eriksen on the left (where he's been fantastic the last few games) and Lamela in for Son on the right. Lamela is in great form and doesn't deserve to miss out and Son still looks to be lacking a little sharpness. Not to mention that Lamela is a better defensive player than Son and I think we'll need a bit more of that against Chelsea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dele Alli covers more ground than any other player in a match so he will be a big loss. Our pressing game may not be as potent with him out. Another thing I learned about him is he supports Liverpool - so could we see a cheeky bid by Klopp at some point?

I think Lamela will come back in for him rather than Mason

Lamela was out suspended. There is no doubt Dele is a big loss, but he's hardly irreplaceable. Mason was just about our best player before his injury and Dembele can play Dele's role as well, if not better in current form.

Maybe irreplaceable isn't the right word seeming how people on here tend to take every word written literally. I will say that Alli has out performed them both IMO, I don't look at stats because how misleading they can be but certainly from the eye test. I don't have the confidence that they can do as good a job as he is currently doing.

Mason was not at any point and is not anywhere one of our best players?!? What have you seen the suggest that you truly believe that?? Surely that is not a popular opinion among people who have watched us play every game. Good squad player yeah. Dembele has just come good after a couple of seasons of toiling away, needs a few more good performances to win my confidence fully. Alli has not set a foot wrong since debuting. We are lucky to have a bit of depth in central midfield to cover him, but I wouldn't be expecting the same level of output from whomever it may be that fills his role.

Jose Mourinho not happy with people speaking about other clubs' struggles: "It’s amazing the lack of respect, the lack of ethics."

erm
Unbelievable. He's not quite the full shilling that man. Captain Obvious I know

Maybe irreplaceable isn't the right word seeming how people on here tend to take every word written literally. I will say that Alli has out performed them both IMO, I don't look at stats because how misleading they can be but certainly from the eye test. I don't have the confidence that they can do as good a job as he is currently doing.

Mason was not at any point and is not anywhere one of our best players?!? What have you seen the suggest that you truly believe that?? Surely that is not a popular opinion among people who have watched us play every game. Good squad player yeah. Dembele has just come good after a couple of seasons of toiling away, needs a few more good performances to win my confidence fully. Alli has not set a foot wrong since debuting. We are lucky to have a bit of depth in central midfield to cover him, but I wouldn't be expecting the same level of output from whomever it may be that fills his role.
At the start of this season, before he got injured at Sunderland he was just about our best and was certainly our best in that match in particular. Admittedly it's a small sample size but I obviously rate Mason a bit higher than you do. He's the best passer from central midfield in our squad and can give us that sort of metronomic passing ability, controlling the tempo, recycling the ball and linking our defence and attack that Alli can't really do. It's actually the best part about our CM stocks at the moment that all of Dier, Alli, Mason, Bentaleb and Dembele all have different strengths, are different types of players and can allow us to adapt our game quite fluidly in that area of the pitch and although we may not be able to replace Alli's intensity, two way midfield play and goal threat putting Mason in there gives us something different; not necessarily weaker, just different type of play.

Im hoping for a draw in the Chelsea, Spurs match. Dont want Chelsea to start winning and picking up points but dont want Spurs to keep winning either. So both dropping points would be a win for us.

Gotta beat Swansea of course to capitalise.

Azerbaijan XI:
Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies
Winks Carroll
Townsend Alli Onomah
N'Jie

Chelsea XI:
Lloris
Walker Toby JV Rose
Dier Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

Not even sure if N'Jie is fit. Maybe Son to double up if he isn't. Seriously f*ck the Europa League when there is a big game on the Sunday and you're playing in Western ASIA

Azerbaijan XI:
Vorm
Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies
Winks Carroll
Townsend Alli Onomah
N'Jie

Chelsea XI:
Lloris
Walker Toby JV Rose
Dier Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Son
Kane

Not even sure if N'Jie is fit. Maybe Son to double up if he isn't. Seriously f*ck the Europa League when there is a big game on the Sunday and you're playing in Western ASIA
Can you afford to take that weak a team? Your group is still pretty open. Anybody can still get out of it.

Can you afford to take that weak a team? Your group is still pretty open. Anybody can still get out of it.
To be honest wouldn't really care if we got beat. Would mean we'd have to beat Monaco at home in the final game. A loss and an Anderlecht win in the other matchday 5 game and we'd still probably be on top of our group with a loss to Qarabag.

To be honest wouldn't really care if we got beat. Would mean we'd have to beat Monaco at home in the final game. A loss and an Anderlecht win in the other matchday 5 game and we'd still probably be on top of our group with a loss to Qarabag.
I dont know man, a loss to Qarabag opens the group right up. Would mean you'd need to beat Monaco to make sure. Depends what happens in the other game too. A lot still on the line, you wouldnt want to lose on Thursday that's for sure.

Currently it sits at
Spurs 7
Monaco 6
Anderlecht 4
Qarabag 4

So even a loss wouldn't hurt our claims for top spot too much. We'd obviously have to beat Monaco at home in the final game (which would mean we'd finish above them), Anderlecht & Qarabag would need 2 good wins to finish above us on GD to take 1st spot, at the very worst a win gets us 2nd spot with 10 points

A lot more comfortable going with a full strength XI at home against Monaco in between games against WBA (away) & Newcastle (home) than away in Azerbaijan before Chelsea

Back