Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 14 - November Title Decider?

Can Louis Van Gaal's Red Army stop the Vardy train?

• Yes

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Why isn't Fryer Tuck doing the matchday threads?

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • Lol Mou

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Problem with Boardwalk was it was canceled so the last season had to squeeze about two seasons of content into it to give it an ending, costly show to make, acting and writing and casting in it was top notch. At least it got a last season though, unlike Deadwood.

Justified is also pretty damn good.
Yeah obviously that kinda killed the last season which sucked. Why did they cancel it? I thought it was pretty popular. Once they had to squeeze everything in though, it kinda went a little wayward.

Deadwood was a cracking tv show. Shame that got cancelled.

Yeah obviously that kinda killed the last season which sucked. Why did they cancel it? I thought it was pretty popular. Once they had to squeeze everything in though, it kinda went a little wayward.

Deadwood was a cracking tv show. Shame that got cancelled.

Very costly show to make.

Would watch The Wire before Mad Men or BB.

Another brilliant show.

So anyone here watched Penny Dreadful? Quality first two seasons, second season quite brilliant actually.

haven't seen Penny Dreadful. What's it about?

About Penny Dreadful's...

Based in London in the 19th century I think, about a group who hunts monsters (vampires season one).

The show has Dr Frankenstein, his monster, Dorian Gray and other characters from that period.

Great cast with Timothy Dalton, Eva Green and Josh Hartnett (I know I know but he is solid in this).
I strongly recommend it.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
About Penny Dreadful's...

Based in London in the 19th century I think, about a group who hunts monsters (vampires season one).

The show has Dr Frankenstein, his monster, Dorian Gray and other characters from that period.

Great cast with Timothy Dalton, Eva Green and Josh Hartnett (I know I know but he is solid in this).
I strongly recommend it.
i'll have a gander

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Mad Men shits on Breaking Bad IMO, both good shows, no faults with Mad Men and I don't think it ever had a poor season.

You watch Boardwalk Empire? Another brilliant show, Penny Dreadful as well.
Haven't seen Boardwalk Empire but it's on the list.

Got the Wire and the Newsroom up next (after Mad Men) and then Boardwalk Empire.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Very costly show to make.

Another brilliant show.

So anyone here watched Penny Dreadful? Quality first two seasons, second season quite brilliant actually.
It's on the list but I dont do scary. Is it scary?

Also I hear Josh Hartnett is still alive and attempting to continue his career in said show?

It's on the list but I dont do scary. Is it scary?

Also I hear Josh Hartnett is still alive and attempting to continue his career in said show?

It's not scary but it has horror elements.

Hartnett is very very good in this.

Has gone off topic, this is true.

I can close this thread and we can move the talk to the off topic thread if posters prefer?

Go away Jatz.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Go away Jatz.
50036.jpg

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Boardwalk was good, ended a bit s**t though.

I disagree, the flashbacks to Nucky's childhood and as a young man provided the context for the man he became in the show and closed his story absolutely perfectly IMO. Terrence Winter is one of the GOAT TV writers and he absolutely nailed that ending, I agree the last season suffered from having to condense so much in though. A spinoff about the rise of Lucky Luciano and the formation of the National Crime Syndicate would make for cracking viewing if they ever decide to go back to it.

You should watch The Wire jod, it edges The Soprano's for me as the GOAT. Oz is a seriously underrated HBO show worth checking out too.

Back