• Martin O'Neill

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Changing from Central Australian Time to Eastern Time would be a good start

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

50/50. IMO it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity as there were 2 defenders challenging him. I don't think the challenge itself was bad enough to warrant a stragiht red, certainly it wouldn't if it was a normal player making that challenge on the pitch. Some referees may have determined it was a denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity which we couuld have no arguments against if a red was given.
LOL. Red all day.
This and the Mane red bias may make me rethink my most bias poster vote.

On 2nd thoughts Jodly easily.

LOL. Red all day.

Hate to point it out to you but FIFA changed the red card rule in 2016 to:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36047575

Accidental fouls on the last man are no longer considered an automatic red card. It is only a red card if the referee deems that the player has made no attempt to play the ball - not the case with Mignolet.

I just saw the Rooney half line goal... can someone please tell me what the hell was Ogbonna thinking? (The defender that tried to reach the shot with his hand).
"Don't let him score".

Sure, it's a straight red, and well inside the box for the pen, but Rooney had already missed a penalty earlier. Thinking he'd gamble he'd miss again, and the rebound might not fall for him this time.

Or, he wasn't thinking.

50/50 either way.

Hate to point it out to you but FIFA changed the red card rule in 2016 to:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36047575

Accidental fouls on the last man are no longer considered an automatic red card. It is only a red card if the referee deems that the player has made no attempt to play the ball - not the case with Mignolet.

Still red if deemed reckless, so even if you try to play the ball but are reckless, it's a red. See: Malik in the A-League.

"Don't let him score".

Sure, it's a straight red, and well inside the box for the pen, but Rooney had already missed a penalty earlier. Thinking he'd gamble he'd miss again, and the rebound might not fall for him this time.

Or, he wasn't thinking.

50/50 either way.

Considering a red card means he misses the next game, I'd say both would be the right answer. 2-0 down, miss the game against...

Guess he was trying to book a vacation to get away from that slaughter.

Considering a red card means he misses the next game, I'd say both would be the right answer. 2-0 down, miss the game against...

Guess he was trying to book a vacation to get away from that slaughter.

Man City will pump em.
Chelsea will beat them by a goal or two
Arsenal at home could sneak a draw
Fancy Stoke to beat them.
Arsenal will beat them at the Emirates.

Looking pretty dire for West Ham.

Still red if deemed reckless, so even if you try to play the ball but are reckless, it's a red. See: Malik in the A-League.

Obiously Atkinson deemed it an accidental foul which is fair enough IMO. I wouldn't have been disputing it too heavily if it was given as a red.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was he fisting? You sure you were on the right website?
I must be missing something because this has completely gone over my head.

Last edited:
LOL. Red all day.
SplendidDearestIberianbarbel-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

That was a massive s**t sandwich
I can't stand Bozza, but he was right about that one. Should've been a yellow, but any time you slide in for a tackle with the studs up, you're running the risk of the ref thinking red is appropriate. Particularly given he was blocking a shot on goal.

I can't stand Bozza, but he was right about that one. Should've been a yellow, but any time you slide in for a tackle with the studs up, you're running the risk of the ref thinking red is appropriate. Particularly given he was blocking a shot on goal.
I thought he got the ball first then followed through. The VAR replays we had at the ground were shithouse, couldn't quite make out what was going on.

But yeah, ball was clearly in dispute after a scramble in the box and the attacking Perth player wasn't in possession of it I felt. Game was over from that point on.

Watching our game again, we were really poor.

Very sloppy in possession and very slow buildup. Reminded me a bit of Pellegrinis last season.

Southampton worked really hard and put a lot of pressure on our ball carriers. Suspect clubs will have watched that and last week and thought "thats the way to go".

Two important wins though. Imagine the chasing pack would be a bit deflated after twice seeing us close to coming back to the pack, and twice pulling it out late.

Sterling leaving annoyed me when our front 3 was Coutinho-Lambert-Ibe

Now it's Mane-Firmino-Salah with Coutinho in midfield.

It's been a few years. We have different players and different managers, I'm over it.

Go back to when Sterling scored the winner this morning. I posted "Sterling!" with no salt added.

Back