Matchday 18

Which big club will try to poach Dyche first?

• Man City

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Man United

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spurs

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jack Watts (I still don't understand why this is a thing but the option is here...)

Votes: 14 35.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
upload_2017-12-14_9-22-38.png

• In what is excellent news for me, Leicester v Crystal Palace is the early game on Saturday night. Leicester have started to fire on all cylinders, meanwhile Palace pulled a rabbit out of their hat against Watford. Palace do have an injury concern with Fosu Mensah being substituted against Watford with a hamstring complaint. Admittedly I'm one eyed but can see us putting 3 past Palace with the form we're in at the moment. Leicester 3-0
  • Arsenal v Newcastle - Arsenal front up at the Emirates to take on a poor Newcastle outfit in the 3pm kickoff. With only 2 wins in 9 away games this season, Wenger will be pleased they're back at home for now, especially after dropping more points at West Ham. Newcastle continue to move from loss to loss. Hard to see how Rafa manages this team into a result at the Emirates. Arsenal 2-0.
  • Watford v Huddersfield - Both clubs started the season above their respective expectations but have since stalled somewhat. Watford are still sitting comfortably in 9th but recent form isn't great (3 losses in their last 4 games). They need a win to get their season back on track - what might help is avoiding a 3rd red card in 3 games. Huddersfield have 1 win in their last 6, albeit it's been a tough run of fixtures, with City, Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea included in that run. With both clubs desperate for a win, I think Watford shade this one 2-1.
  • Brighton v Burnley - Burnley are absolutely flying at the moment, surprising everyone except Mr Dyche. Brighton on the other hand, are struggling big time. 1 point in their last 5 and they stalled on the table. Hard to see anything other than a Burnley win here. 2-1.
  • Stoke v West Ham - Stoke continue to be consistently inconsistent, meanwhile, West Ham may just have turned a corner. A good couple of performances for the Hammers, who even missed a golden opportunity to take the 3 points against Arsenal. Can see a draw here, will go 1-1.
  • Chelsea v Southampton - Chelsea continue to tick along, sitting nicely in 3rd position on the table. Southampton have been poor recently, outside of the 1-1 draw with Arsenal. Can see Chelsea winning this quite comfortably. 3-1.
  • Man City v Tottenham - In what is clearly the game of the round, Spurs travel up to the Etihad in the late kick off on Saturday. City now hold the record for consecutive games won an are absolutely running away with the league. Spurs have had a mixed bag of results this season, with various key players never finding form at the same time. Expecting a tight game but ultimately with Toby out, expecting the City juggernaut to run on. City 3-1.
  • West Brom v United - This looks possibly the most boring tie of the weekend. It's just screaming out as a 1-0 draw win for United. Can WBA finally score a goal under Pardew? Can they make this game entertaining somehow? I'm thinking not, United 1-0.
  • Bournemouth v Liverpool - It's not been a good week for Liverpool, dropping points in their last 2 fixtures. Klopp has been changing his side more than a woman changes clothes before a first date (here's a joke especially for WR - wouldn't want to be seen as virtue signalling after all!). Can Liverpool get their top 4 hopes back on track down the south coast? I think they might. Hard to see Liverpool not getting a win in 3 PL games. 2-0 to Liverpool.
  • Everton v Swansea - Every time I think Fat Sam is past it, he ends up proving me wrong. Everton have started moving in the right direction - still not winning pretty per se but winning nonetheless. Swansea are in a world of trouble - currently dead last, it's hard to see that changing anytime soon. Everton 2-0 for me.
TL;DR

Leicester 3-0
Arsenal 2-0
Watford 2-1
Burnley 2-1
Stoke/West Ham 1-1
Chelsea 3-1
City 3-1
United 1-0
Liverpool 2-0
Everton 2-0

My Picks:
Leicester vs Palace 2-1
Arsenal vs Newcastle 2-0
Brighton vs Burnley 0-1
Chelsea vs Soton 3-1
Stoke vs West Ham 0-1
Watford vs Huddersfield 1-0
Man City vs Spurs 2-1
West Brom vs Man U 0-2
Bournemouth vs Liverpool 0-1
Everton vs Swansea 2-0

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Leicester City vs. Crystal Palace - 2-1
Arsenal vs. Newcastle Utd - 3-1
Watford vs. Huddersfield Town - 1-1
Brighton vs. Burnley - 1-0
Stoke vs. West Ham - 2-0
Chelsea vs. Southampton - 4-2
Man City vs. Tottenham - 1-1
West Brom vs. Man Utd - 0-2
Bournemouth vs. Liverpool - 2-2
Everton vs. Swansea - 3-1

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Leicester only 4pts behind us now.

Gonna be a real logjam to avoid the relegation places.
We're flying at the moment. 2 wins in a row away from home, at opposite ends of the country, in the space of 4 days. 7 goals scored in those 2 away games as well.

I don't think Palace will be a walkover but we should be beating them if we're targeting Europe this season.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
We're flying at the moment. 2 wins in a row away from home, at opposite ends of the country, in the space of 4 days. 7 goals scored in those 2 away games as well.

I don't think Palace will be a walkover but we should be beating them if we're targeting Europe this season.

your french coach seems like quality, surprised saints let him go

Pretty relaxed about this week. Always nice to beat Spurs but if we don't we don't. We're going to drop points sooner or later,.

Be happy to keep the gap above 10. While we do I'm pretty chilled. If we drop below 10 this week, then I'll start stressing again.

Pretty relaxed about this week. Always nice to beat Spurs but if we don't we don't. We're going to drop points sooner or later,.

Be happy to keep the gap above 10. While we do I'm pretty chilled. If we drop below 10 this week, then I'll start stressing again.
You can relax moomba, it's over. The only way City can lose the title from here is if KDB falls into a bottomless pit, D. Silva is kicked off the team for a s**t haircut, Ederson succumbs to radiation poisoning, Delph starts acting like a chicken due to a botched hypnosis, Sterling is put into jail accused of murder, Gabby Jesus becomes addicted to brain and nerve tonic, Walker gets knocked out in a pub fight and Aguero spends too much time trying to save a woman's possessions from a house fire.

team-photo.jpg

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
You can relax moomba, it's over. The only way City can lose the title from here is if KDB falls into a bottomless pit, D. Silva is kicked off the team for a s**t haircut, Ederson succumbs to radiation poisoning, Delph starts acting like a chicken due to a botched hypnosis, Sterling is put into jail accused of murder, Gabby Jesus becomes addicted to brain and nerve tonic, Walker gets knocked out in a pub fight and Aguero spends too much time trying to save a woman's possessions from a house fire.

team-photo.jpg

Not so fast, Yaya! The man who plays your position is here. Hit the pine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so fast, Yaya! The man who plays your position is here. Hit the pine.
"You stink Fernandinho, we want Yaya!"

"Dinho! Dinho! Dinho!"

"Children, that isn't very nice."

"Mum, they're professinal athletes, they're used to this sort of thing, it rolls right off their backs".

tumblr_l57bd0DSD11qc073co1_400.gif

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Says a lot about how good man city are that I'd celebrate a 2-2 draw here.

Anything other than injuries and an embarrassing defeat is an ok result. They're just far too good

Leicester vs Palace 3-1
Arsenal vs Newcastle 3-0
Brighton vs Burnley 0-0
Chelsea vs Soton 2-0
Stoke vs West Ham 1-1
Watford vs Huddersfield 1-0
Man City vs Spurs 4-2
West Brom vs Man U 0-1
Bournemouth vs Liverpool 1-2
Everton vs Swansea 3-0

officialjc

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
spurs are probably the team who can derail citys title campaign. think citys midfield will overpower liverpool at anfield. everton at goodison could be tough based on previous results.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH

team-photo.jpg
Nice uncontested post glenferry23 :thumbsu::D

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
spurs are probably the team who can derail citys title campaign. think citys midfield will overpower liverpool at anfield. everton at goodison could be tough based on previous results.
City have 2 wins at Anfield in 60 years, and none in the oil money era. If ever they break the hoodoo it will be now

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
i voted ManU, as i think their fans want to watch them play better football

So, what would you consider to be worse?

Luis Suarez leaving to go to Barcelona after Liverpool finished 2nd in the league. Or Coutinho leaving to go to Barcelona after Liverpool inevitably finishes outside the top 4.

Hawkforce

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 9, 2000
London
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham
Says a lot about how good man city are that I'd celebrate a 2-2 draw here.

Anything other than injuries and an embarrassing defeat is an ok result. They're just far too good

I have a feeling that Pep wants to give us a proper smashing. After we dicked them at WHL last year, then they played probably the best game until this season only for us to steal a 2-2 draw.

Without Toby, Victor and Sanchez I fear we're in for a AVB/Sherwood type rout.

Makes the sacrifice of all those Filipino slaves worth it I suppose... :p

Back