• Jack Watts is always top class so there is no room for improvement

• Other (Write in comments)

• Wilfred Ndidi

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

*FA Cup 3rd round replays between Matchday 23 and 24*

First off we have Brighton who are 3 points off the relegation zone facing Chelsea who are out of form at the minute having 4 draws (including 3 scoreless draws) in their last 4 games and have dropped to 4th. Here is a perfect opportunity to bounce back, but the question has to be asked, has Mou got into Contes head?

Next we have Burnley who look to have their 7th spot under threat with Leicester only a game behind since Burnley play Man United. Man United disposed of Stoke with ease with a 3-0 win, including 2 assists from Pogba and should get the 3 points here.

Everton got absolutely demolished by Spurs (4-0) and haven't won in their last 6 games. West Brom had an important win over Brighton but still sit 19th, Everton need to start playing football and this would be a good opportunity to do so to get 3 points.

Massive chance for Leicester here to get 7th spot when they play Watford (who drew 2-2 with Soton) Leicester haven't lost in their last 5 games.

It's a new era for Stoke with Paul Lambert coming in to manage the club. This is very much a relegation battle against Huddersfield. Can Stoke turn this form around and get out of the relegation zone?

West Ham had a mammoth 4-1 win over Huddersfield, have shot up to 11th and haven't lost in 6 games. They have a tough test here in Bournemouth who upset Arsenal thanks to Jordon Ibe. Should be an interesting game to watch IMO.

The streak is over! Man City have suffered their first loss in the prem this season in a 4-3 loss to Liverpool. The good news for them is they have a 12 point lead and should bounce back to bat away Newcastle.

Soton are only 1 point out of the relegation zone and it could get worse for them when they play Spurs. Spurs smashed Everton 4-0 with Harry Kane adding another 2 goals to his tally and they are breathing down Chelseas neck for a top 4 spot being only 3 points behind. I expect Tottenham to win comfortably.

Liverpool (Unbeaten in their last 18 games) beat Man City 4-3 in a classic and moved up to 3rd and could further lay claim to a top 4 spot when they play Swansea who are dead last and look destined for the Championship.

Match of the round for mine is Arsenal vs Palace. Arsenal who have been an embarrassment as of late and are 8 points off the top 4, to me Europa League looks all but confirmed for them. They are winless in their last 5 games. They play Palace who are storming up the ladder and after being dead last at one point, are only 1 point off the top half. They had a big win over Burnley and I could see them getting at least a point here. Potential ArsenalFanTV melts incoming.

My Picks:
Brighton vs Chelsea 0-1
Arsenal vs Palace 1-1
Burnley vs Man United 0-2
Everton vs West Brom 1-0
Leicester vs Watford 2-1
Stoke vs Huddersfield 0-0
West Ham vs Bournemouth 1-0
Man City vs Newcastle 3-0
Soton vs Spurs 1-3
Swansea vs Liverpool 1-4

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Got to put Watford away. Golden opportunity for 7th and Europe. Need to get it done. No excuses!

BRAB , you guys are dead meat!

Wouldn't mind West Brom and Crystal Palace holding back some rivals down either (You heard me).

As for most improved player... I'm gonna say a guy, that while he gets credit, probably not in the context of 'improved.' That would be Wilfred N'Didi. Showed himself superior in his duel against the Master, and has now become a must-have in midfield. (Speaking of, N'Didi, Iborra, Silva, and James, holy crap, we've just turned a weakness into a strength!)

Top in tackles and interceptions in Europe's top 5 by a country mile, and good in the air too! (That he has the head advantage over Kante).

Puel is really helping him develop.

As for most improved player... I'm gonna say a guy, that while he gets credit, probably not in the context of 'improved.' That would be Wilfred N'Didi. Showed himself superior in his duel against the Master, and has now become a must-have in midfield. (Speaking of, N'Didi, Iborra, Silva, and James, holy crap, we've just turned a weakness into a strength!)
Good shout with Ndidi, I was looking at each team and immediately thought of Demarai Gray when I looked at Leicester (As well as Charlie Austin and Wayne Rooney for other clubs) but didn't think he (they) improved enough to be on the list but Ndidi deffs should be there.

Last edited:

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Yeah I'd just about go with Nick Pope as well.

Raheem the dream is worth a shout though. Gone from a bit of a laughing stock to a POTY candidate this season. He's having an excellent campaign (with the exception of his game on the weekend, of course).

Disappointed at the lack of a Ben Davies option though. Not that I'd vote for him tbh, but he's worthy of being in the conversation. He's been excellent this season.

Got to put Watford away. Golden opportunity for 7th and Europe. Need to get it done. No excuses!

BRAB , you guys are dead meat!

Didn't you say that last time sweetie?

Watford will rise again.

Disappointed at the lack of a Ben Davies option though. Not that I'd vote for him tbh, but he's worthy of being in the conversation. He's been excellent this season.
Didn't he show some good form at the back end of last season or am I thinking of Trippier?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Didn't he show some good form at the back end of last season or am I thinking of Trippier?
Trippier probably. With Roses injury Davies played all of teh second half of the season and was serviceable, apart from when he got absolutely roasted at Anfield, but he's really stepped it up a level this year, both defensively and offensively.

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Sterling was never a bad player though IMO. Just gained some consistency.
Imagine if Everton bought Theo Walcott for not 20, but 50 million pounds.

That's what City got for their investment in the first two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

largebus

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Nationals, Pelicans
Hm. Nope.

Walcott has never been better than Sterling.
Sterling's first two seasons at City, 2015-17:
94 appearances, 21 goals
Walcott in that same timeframe:
79 appearances, 28 goals

Crude analysis, yes, but you can't really say Walcott has "never been better" than him.

Right now is a different story obviously

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Didn't you say that last time sweetie?

Watford will rise again.

This time it's different. We smell the blood of the Clarnet scum above us, and we plan to turn on the pressure cooker on a certain cannon team while they are down.

You are in our backyard now, and there is no mercy from our Fab 4 midfielders (and not of the Brisbane 01-04 kind), which ever pair it will be taking you on (I think N'Didi and James for this match.)

You're going to flop as much as Elton Johns Wig ! (The actual wig, not the poster, he's the complete opposite of that. Yes, I just did that to call him here.)

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Most improved for the past 2 months would easily be Arnautovic.

For the season though, I'd almost look at Leroy Sane, reckon he's a much better player than when Pep first signed him.

Last edited:
This time it's different. We smell the blood of the Clarnet scum above us, and we plan to turn on the pressure cooker on a certain cannon team while they are down.

You are in our backyard now, and there is no mercy from our Fab 4 midfielders (and not of the Brisbane 01-04 kind), which ever pair it will be taking you on (I think N'Didi and James for this match.)

You're going to flop as much as Elton Johns Wig ! (The actual wig, not the poster, he's the complete opposite of that. Yes, I just did that to call him here.)

Will Kante be playing?

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Arsenal players have requested that the Sanchez contract saga be dealt with before our match against Crystal Palace.
I agree i'm over it to.

Everton got absolutely demolished by Spurs (4-0) and haven't won in their last 6 games. West Brom had an important win over Brighton but still sit 19th, Everton need to start playing football and this would be a good opportunity to do so to get 3 points.
pretty average fixture for Tosun's home debut and presumably Walcott's debut. West Brom's parked bus.

pretty average fixture for Tosun's home debut and presumably Walcott's debut. West Brom's parked bus.
You reckon Walcott will get rushed in with the game being only 3 days away?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
You reckon Walcott will get rushed in with the game being only 3 days away?
He couldnt be worse than Bolasie or having to play Sigurdsson or Rooney out wide.

Back