EPL Matchday 27

Is De Gea the best GK in the world?

• #DaveSaves

• No

• #JackWattsSaves

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

DVyTvKOWAAEOV3D.jpg:large

Was there an imaginary 2nd goal keeper and a bus parked as well ROFL.

VVD is an absolute bargain
LOL.

One game against relegation fodder does not a bargain make, and it certainly doesn't make up for him personally costing you points against us through his gashness and his all round dreadfulness since he signed.

I reckon if Arsenal are looking for a CB, Lascelles would be a decent option. Pretty underrated player.

Newcastle were doing well with him in the side (top 6 at one point) then he got injured and they fell to the relegation zone.

Now he's back in and they are rising back up a bit.

Ssssh! I don't want big teams sniffing about. He's probably going to be the best CB we've had since Woodgate lol (bar that one season Colo helped us finish 5th). Also captain to boot.

Wouldn't mind if he got into the England frame - might help him feel he doesn't need to move away to progress his career.

It was a very mature performance from Shelvey. I think that is why it looked so different from the norm!

Surely Darlow has played his last game in goal for Newcastle. Dubravka was immense.

Agree, some performance by Dubravka. Lot of people thought he was just brought in to be third choice so Woodman could be loaned out but seems Dubravka is here to be number 1. Keeps playing like that and he will be!

what a s**t performance by united going to lose to newcastle shambles

Commiserations mate. Go watch the GF replay to cheer yourself up ;)

Apparently Jose has never won at St James Park before, drought continues.

Horrific stat for him if true considering how good a manager he is, up there with us never winning at Stamford Bridge in nearly 30 years.

Continues to honour Sir Bobby haha. Genuinely like Mou, always seems to speak fairly fondly of us.

Great result to wake up to. Massive 3 points to help get us a bit closer to safety. We were due some good fortune and thankfully got a win - our first at home since mid October.

Relegation race is super wide open this season. Only Brom are a little bit adrift with the rest of the other teams only separated by a few points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I generally dislike Mou as much as the next man, but, fair play, a touch of class here:

“I think they came to fight for a point but found themselves 1-0 up and, from that point, went beyond all the limits. They showed everything a manager likes to see in this game. I can imagine that Benítez is more than pleased with the effort. Were they lucky? Yes, they were but sometimes you make your own luck with your state of mind. The way they fought for every last thing is a beautiful thing.”

I generally dislike Mou as much as the next man, but, fair play, a touch of class here:

“I think they came to fight for a point but found themselves 1-0 up and, from that point, went beyond all the limits. They showed everything a manager likes to see in this game. I can imagine that Benítez is more than pleased with the effort. Were they lucky? Yes, they were but sometimes you make your own luck with your state of mind. The way they fought for every last thing is a beautiful thing.”
He should get an award for his good behaviour

Think that was a message for his own players.

Lot of surmising in your post, no real evidence just an attempt to make yourself feel better about the current situation. What’s the point of anything if you take your position regarding trophies? Supporting a club is a lot deeper then just winning trophies. Yours is the talk of a plastic supporter in my opinion.
My point is that this is a really good Tottenham squad that will be hard to keep together and it's extremely reasonable to ask if not now, when?

LOL.

One game against relegation fodder does not a bargain make, and it certainly doesn't make up for him personally costing you points against us through his gashness and his all round dreadfulness since he signed.
Look I don't want to start another LFC v Spurs s**t fight but your blatant cheating by your players continual diving cost us not VVD. Just ask your manager, he condones it and wears it as a badge of honour that his players are following his teachings.

Look I don't want to start another LFC v Spurs s**t fight but your blatant cheating by your players continual diving cost us not VVD. Just ask your manager, he condones it and wears it as a badge of honour that his players are following his teachings.

Gerrard diving helped us win a champions league final. Elite mentality.

I think Pochettino went a bit far by basically saying it should be celebrated, but he also made some good points about the hysteria around diving being out of control.

Tottenham are going to be s**t again once there new stadium gets underway, they will more than likely lose kane and alli, they gotta win a trophy now with this squad soon or it will all be for nothing, play some decent soccer sure but it means nothing if they don't win anything.

All this powershift talk is a load of bollocks aswell, Arsenal have lifted 3 trophies in the past 4 years, Tottenham have won nothing so who cares if their playing slightly better now, the only thing that will be remembered are arsenals trophies and that's it, that's all that matters

Except it was the penalty when VVD fouled Lamela which got us a point. That was stonewall.

Tottenham are going to be s**t again once there new stadium gets underway, they will more than likely lose kane and alli, they gotta win a trophy now with this squad soon or it will all be for nothing, play some decent soccer sure but it means nothing if they don't win anything.
LOL it's like bloody groundhog day on here. Alli yes imo will leave. HK will not.
The almost fait accompli assumption that he will is equal parts humorous for us and wishing thinking for the rest of you.

Back