Matchday 29

Favourite ArsenalFanTV member?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be overturned as most reasonable people would agree that a red card is a clear error in this case.

Every ref I've seen comment on it agrees it's not a red.

Careless, not reckless, mistimes his challenge but has no maliciousness or intent in his action.

Every ref I've seen comment on it agrees it's not a red.

Careless, not reckless, mistimes his challenge but has no maliciousness or intent in his action.
What is the current criteria for overturning a red? It used to be quite limited in that a bad decision wasnt necessarily a good enough reason to overturn.

Had to be an error in law or mistaken identity from memory. Bad judgement from the ref wasnt good enough reason.

I think it's changed but not too sure.

What is the current criteria for overturning a red? It used to be quite limited in that a bad decision wasnt necessarily a good enough reason to overturn.

Had to be an error in law or mistaken identity from memory. Bad judgement from the ref wasnt good enough reason.

I think it's changed but not too sure.
It can also be over turned if a three game ban is deemed too severe for the foul in question.

Obviously it's a foul but he isn't jumping in and doesn't use excessive amounts of force. Really surprised that they didn't overturn the red card decision.

Definite foul and probably a yellow card, but compared to Dier, Toure and Mcclean from this weekend alone, that this was the one that was a red is laughable.

Many suspect the FA dislike us, much like Man City, due to our appeal over the name change, so they probably don't have much motivation to entertain appeals. No coincidence Man City and us have also copped fines for bogus charges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the issue is that because you can say "I can see why it's given.." in the sense that yes it's a foul, yes it's clumsy etc. they're not likely to overturn it. Then again I thought that Feghouli challenge against United was also still considered a foul just not a red card offence. DBAH0 what was the explanation on that one?

In all seriousness, I don't think the Premier League or the Ref Association actually said if it was right or wrong.

I think the consensus was that it should have been a yellow, but Mike Dean's ego got in the way of things....

In all seriousness, I don't think the Premier League or the Ref Association actually said if it was right or wrong.

I think the consensus was that it should have been a yellow, but Mike Dean's ego got in the way of things....

I've heard that if it's only a yellow they reject the appeal as it's still a foul. At least that's what people are saying about the Huddlestone rejected appeal.

Best striker in the league rn
f7FdEdG.jpg

Doctor Gero

I've heard that if it's only a yellow they reject the appeal as it's still a foul. At least that's what people are saying about the Huddlestone rejected appeal.

It's all in the interpretation of a "clear error" which I imagine would have been the basis of your appeal. They may deem that since it was a foul that a red card is not a "clear" error and is up to the interoperation of the referee. IMO it should be as simple as asking the voting panel to vote if the foul was clearly not a red card offense in their opinion and waive the red card if the majority agrees.

I believe there are two ways it can be rescinded, a clear error, and also disproportionate punishment. In this instance surely they would deem 3 games a disproportionate punishment, as it was not dangerous play. It should be a one game ban.

Back