Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 36 - IT'S HAPPENED!

When will Leicester win the title?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

NSFB the reason I called your post pathetic was because it wasnt thought out. It just didnt make sense what so ever, Chef has been a long time supporter of the club, and you basically insinuated he should support a club more like the doggies in the Epl because of terry. Its just an absurd thing to suggest

There's dislike on Chelsea and there's this crusade on their supporters. Very different things.

You could have raised these points at any time but you've conveniently decided to when the situation suited.

So they can celebrate individual players but not the players as a collective. Interesting.

Of course they'll gloat. They've seen their team be successful. What's the two way street here exactly?
Yes and I apologise to Chef, shouldn't have made it personal but I did.

Not conveniently at all, I passed one comment about the title being over even if we'd have won as we'd still be relying on a morally bankrupt rival to do us a favour. I wasn't the one who retorted that by comparing it to players losing their cool. I then defended that position.

The two way street is that the reminder of the means can be made mention.

Why is any opposing view now met with a response of "salty" or "having a melt"?

Has it come to the stage now where people are unable to form a decent counterpoint to a discussion?
NSFB is talking about retorts made to supporters of clubs supposedly gloating about their success.

Doesnt sound much like discussion to me, salty tears much closer to the mark.

Players should be judged for their achievements on the field.

Sure, being a nice guy off it helps, but if you're going to help my club win trophies, then it's kinda hard not to like them.

Much like Liverpool fans when Suarez was around, I guess. Might have been a cheat but he was their cheat.

You can't slander other people to make a story when there's no proof. Even Hiddink played it all down. Terry too, said he doesn't want to see any bans because they all knew it was a derby atmosphere.
This happens all the time in the Australian media. It's nothing new. Poch won't even see it in all likelihood.

I remember me and my mate returning from a match at WHL against Chelsea many moons ago. They were pissed off because we scored a late winner. We ended up stuck among all the Chelsea fans heading back to central London so we tucked in our scarfs out of view so we couldn't be identified but when we were sat on the tube unfortunately mine slipped out the bottom of my coat. One Chelsea fan spotted it and started calling me a "******* little Y I D". Then he started spitting on me and then all his mates started to as well.

Never forgotten that. That's the sort of fans they get down there. ******* filthy
As opposed to every single Tottenham fan being a model citizen...

Lol what is it with Tottenham fans thinking all their supporters are squeaky clean? Every other club's supporter base on here can admit they have a small portion of d*ckheads but Tottenham seem to be in denial about theirs.

And how are all the morally outraged Tottenham supporters able to relate themselves with the guy in this video? Don't you feel ashamed to be associated with your club when you've got these types of racist supporters?

I hope none of you Tottenham supporters are fans of David Bowie, Eric Clapton or Bob Dylan. In fact, I hope none of you support any musician that has cheated on their partner because that would be a bit hypocritical.

Moral outrage is strong today. It seems a certain group of supporters didn't get a good night's rest.

I guess you can do what you like. From experience, salty tears from opposition supporters make successes even more enjoyable.
Is it really? This is more profound than the United v Liverpool sort of rivalry and hate. Hate because they're conditioned as children to do so, because they're the rivals.

As for separating club from owner I think a lot of people have lost sight of the point of football.
is that to win trophies and provide enjoyment and entertainment for the many fans. I just feel all can and should attained by legally, ethically and morally sound means.

Thanks and I do understand this is an unpopular view of which I will be criticised on. On Stringer I remember posting about how it was wrong, just like what Ablett Sr did was wrong and he rightfully should be denied legend status based on character.

As for our illegal payments, are any of the key officials responsible still at the club and in a position of power? When you raise Woodgate it then begs the question at what point does the indiscretion become significant enough to change perceptions?

Is affray serious enough or is it something you can move past. Domestic violence Re: Stringer most definitely is, so do we condemn clubs for all minor failings or just the ones that are serious? Once those responsible are no longer affiliated do we instantly forgive and forget or does the stain linger (like it is at Essendon)?

All clubs undoubtedly have skeletons in their closets from their pasts. I guess the core of why this upsets me is that some of their fans are happy to gloat about their success (see Chef and his Terry with trophies pic), banter if you will, but turn a blind eye to how it was attained. Is that right? Do others have an equal right to throw it back in their face?

based on those examples, all of them are no longer with their club (except terry). so when ablett and stringer did what they did, if you follow the letter of your law, you relinquished your position as a supporter of the club?

This happens all the time in the Australian media. It's nothing new. Poch won't even see it in all likelihood.
Not too worried about his feelings, more about how we're portrayed when we come down in July. Should all be blown over by than. Honestly, our media is just gutter press.

Should also add, I've stayed out of this thread, but I really respected Terry for his post-match interview on Sky. Never liked him, but maybe he's not so bad after all.

is that to win trophies and provide enjoyment and entertainment for the many fans. I just feel all can and should attained by legally, ethically and morally sound means.
They will never fly with the above, because they can't bear to admit that their success was obtained through any of those means. Doing so would cheapen the achievement and that's something they can't face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, being a nice guy off it helps, but if you're going to help my club win trophies, then it's kinda hard not to like them.

Much like Liverpool fans when Suarez was around, I guess. Might have been a cheat but he was their cheat.
You really telling me if Arteta or Cech racially abused someone and didnt lose the captaincy you'd be fine with it?

Not saying you'd start supporting Bournemouth but I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed

You really telling me if Arteta or Cech racially abused someone and didnt lose the captaincy you'd be fine with it?

Not saying you'd start supporting Bournemouth but I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed
Of course I would be.

But like I said, they should be judged for their achievements on the field, rather than off it.

As opposed to every single Tottenham fan being a model citizen...

Lol what is it with Tottenham fans thinking all their supporters are squeaky clean? Every other club's supporter base on here can admit they have a small portion of d*ckheads but Tottenham seem to be in denial about theirs.

And how are all the morally outraged Tottenham supporters able to relate themselves with the guy in this video? Don't you feel ashamed to be associated with your club when you've got these types of racist supporters?

I hope none of you Tottenham supporters are fans of David Bowie, Eric Clapton or Bob Dylan. In fact, I hope none of you support any musician that has cheated on their partner because that would be a bit hypocritical.

Moral outrage is strong today. It seems a certain group of supporters didn't get a good night's rest.

Lol was that the worst example you could find!

see you cant boo your own player. i mean really! so you support and cheer and stick up for them (with a little but yeah he's a biter - in luis case). but as soon as he left....WHOAAAA dirty diving biter!!

fwiw, liverpool fans all acknowledged suarezs behaviour was abhorrent and must be punished for it. you'd find on the liverpool thread everyone agreed with the sanctions handed out.

Of course I would be.

But like I said, they should be judged for their achievements on the field, rather than off it.
That's my point all along. A lot of supporters would be disappointed in it yet Chelsea supporters have chosen to look past it. I've never said Terry isnt a fantastic CB or on field leader, I've just said he is a pretty ordinary human. Do footballers have to be good people? No of course not. Should captains be? Difference of opinion for everyone, we both think they should many wont

Is it really? This is more profound than the United v Liverpool sort of rivalry and hate. Hate because they're conditioned as children to do so, because they're the rivals.

Yes really. When we won our titles the past few years and someone came on to say how undeserved it was I loved it. Salty tears are brilliant.

Is that to win trophies and provide enjoyment and entertainment for the many fans. I just feel all can and should attained by legally, ethically and morally sound means.

Was thinking more that you go and watch XI blokes wearing your club shirt try to kick a football around against XI blokes wearing another teams shirt.

Seems an awful lot of "football supporters" are more interested in accounting, International politics and business ethics nowadays.

Yes really. When we won our titles the past few years and someone came on to say how undeserved it was I loved it.
Not me, if you don't believe me ask Cruyff.

Was thinking more that you go and watch XI blokes wearing your club shirt try to kick a football around against XI blokes wearing another teams shirt.

Seems an awful lot of "football supporters" are more interested in accounting, International politics and business ethics nowadays.
So as long as you're watching 22 guys kicking a ball that makes everything else A-OK? That everything else should be swept under the carpet?

They will never fly with the above, because they can't bear to admit that their success was obtained through any of those means. Doing so would cheapen the achievement and that's something they can't face
It doesnt fly because people genuinely don't care.

Clubs are what they are. Chelsea supporters can't change the fact that Roman is their owner, just as we can't change the fact that Mansour is ours or you that a tax exile is yours.

So what do you do? Absolutely nothing different to what you did in the past. Hope your 11 blokes plays better than the other 11 blokes.

Couldnt give the sliggtest of *s if some see that our achievements are cheapened.

Salty tears.

So as long as you're watching 22 guys kicking a ball that makes everything else A-OK? That everything else should be swept under the carpet?

Whats the alternative?

I go to football to watch football.

Back