Matchday 37

What is the No.1 thing your club needs this summer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

16 games of football in the 2nd to last matchday of the season.

First of we have Soton vs Arsenal. Arsenal after their win over Man United have a glimmer of hope for the top 4. They have to win this to give themselves a chance.

Chelsea have just about won the league after Spurs choked against West Ham. It will be official if they beat West Brom.

Well done to Leicester to be back in the top 10 after an awful season. Man City demolished Palace and look really good for 3rd with another win here.

Sweansea play Sunderland and Sunderland have just come off a win vs Hull. Will be tough for Swansea here but they must win to keep themselves out of the drop zone.

Stoke play Arsenal and this is another must win game for Arsenal. Stoke I reckon could be pretty tricky.

Palace vs Hull is a massive game in this relegation battle between Palace, Swansea and Hull. If Palace win or draw they are safe.

West Ham just off a win vs Spurs play Liverpool. Liverpool have 2 games left and need to win both to keep the 5th and 6th placed sides away.

Chelsea play Watford and when this happens Chelsea could be champions.

Arsenal with their 3rd game of the round play Sunderland, As I said in their 2 other games, They just have to keep winning to give themselves a chance.

Man City in their 2nd game of the round play West Brom. Man Citys goal difference compared to other sides battling for the top 4 is pretty good. But I'm sure they'd rather keep winning so it doesn't have to come down to that at the end of the last matchday.

Soton play Man United. I'm thinking Man United have got most of their eggs in Europa but they are still a decent chance of making top 4 if either Pool/City screw up.

Should Chelsea screw up massively, Maybe Spurs could have a chance to put more pressure on when they play Leicester. But I doubt it.

Dead Rubbers:
Everton have 7th wrapped up and Watford are safe.
Bournemouth vs Burnley are both safe with a slight chance of making the top 10.
Middlesbrough are now relegated and Soton have nothing to play for.

Match of the Round: Spurs vs Man United, Spurs title challenge is just about over so it will be interesting to see if they are up for this game. Last year they ended up getting belted Newcastle. Man United (In the semis of Europa) are just out of the top 4 so they must keep the pressure on Liverpool and Man City with a win.

My Picks:
SOUTHAMPTON 1 - 1 ARSENAL
EVERTON 2
- 0 Watford
West Brom 0 - 3 CHELSEA
MAN. CITY 4
- 0 Leicester City
BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 1 BURNLEY
Middlesbrough 0 - 1 SOUTHAMPTON
Sunderland 1 - 2 SWANSEA
Stoke City 1 - 2 ARSENAL
CRYSTAL PALACE 0
- 0 HULL CITY
West Ham 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL
TOTTENHAM 3
- 1 Man. United
CHELSEA 2 - 0 Watford
ARSENAL 3 - 0 Sunderland
MAN. CITY 3 - 0 West Brom
SOUTHAMPTON 1 - 1 MAN. UNITED
Leicester City 0 - 3 TOTTENHAM

Last edited:

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think league winners, top four and relegation will all be settled by the end of this match-day. Not that I ever get predictions correct but that's my call going public

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
The idea of West Ham away, at this point in the season, fills me with dread.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leicester handed us our worst home loss last season and one of our worst losses this season. Kompany will help but they play a style of game that we struggle against.

Would be happy with a 1-0.

Back