Matchday 37

What is the No.1 thing your club needs this summer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
As a neutral those options are all below Costas level - nobody there has the hunger Costa possess, he also presses well which someone like Lukaku who has been quoted as 70 million does not do. Morata does not even start at Real Madrid and dealing with Torino would be a hard ask, there president is a pain in the ass
I thought you were a Chelsea supporter?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just glad that for once it's not us being hunted down by one of these Arsenal late surges. Fans seem behind the team now. Perhaps they realise missing top 4 won't make any difference to whether Arsene stays or not.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Just glad that for once it's not us being hunted down by one of these Arsenal late surges. Fans seem behind the team now. Perhaps they realise missing top 4 won't make any difference to whether Arsene stays or not.

Yep and there's no better team at doing it. We are staggering over the line and it's a worry.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep and there's no better team at doing it. We are staggering over the line and it's a worry.
All boils down to that West Ham game. They've got nothing really to play for so you have to be favourites. Even Liverpool can't utensil it up against Boro surely!

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
All boils down to that West Ham game. They've got nothing really to play for so you have to be favourites. Even Liverpool can't utensil it up against Boro surely!

Not worried about the Boro game. Hopefully Stoke aren't on holidays and give Arsenal a torrid time this weekend. It certainly hasn't been a happy hunting ground for the gunners in the past. Hopefully that trend continues!!

PendlePie

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
The fact that our abomination of a side (run by a senile manager, one that a majority of our fans want gone) is still in the hunt for 4th is a bit of an indictment on Liverpool and City to be fair.

Shitting yourselves at the thought of this current Arsenal team catching you can't be a good sign lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
There's no reason Liverpool shouldn't win out. If they lose 4th spot from here...

At the risk of opening up the 'choke' debate again, if Liverpool miss from here - would it constitute a choke?

I'd say yes. Given all they have to do is win out and keep Arsenal at bay, irrespective of what we do in the last few games.

The fact that our abomination of a side (run by a senile manager, one that a majority of our fans want gone) is still in the hunt for 4th is a bit of an indictment on Liverpool and City to be fair.

Shitting yourselves at the thought of this current Arsenal team catching you can't be a good sign lol.
Maybe City, but not us. We were never expected to be in 3rd spot. Most had us about 6th. We are over achieving with no money and a thin squad.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Man City look like smashing everyone in their final games they're a lock. It's Arsenal v Pool for the last spot in the top 4.

Probably prefer it to be the goons tbh if it means #WengerIn for 2-3 more seasons and Pool have to do Thurs-Sun and struggle to sign players without CL football that's a massive win!

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC

We have not won our last 3 home games against Bournemouth Palace and Soton, we're crumbling a bit right now

Win against West Ham though and we should be fine, but we haven't beaten them for 5 matches, would need Stoke to do us a favour

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Rest of the round tips

Everton vs. Watford - 2-1
West Brom vs. Chelsea - 0-2
Man City vs. Leicester - 3-1
Sunderland vs. Swansea - 1-4
Bournemouth vs. Burnley- 1-1
Middlesbrough vs. Southampton - 0-1
Stoke vs. Arsenal - 0-3
Crystal Palace vs. Hull City - 1-1
West Ham vs. Liverpool - 1-2
Tottenham vs. Man Utd - 1-3
Chelsea vs. Watford - 4-0
Arsenal vs. Sunderland- 5-0
Man City vs. West Brom - 0-0
Southampton vs. Man Utd - 0-2
Leicester vs. Tottenham - 2-3

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
So Arsenal hasn't won at the Britannia for years, and haven't won in a game reffed by Mike Dean for years

All set up for them to win

One thing I hate about my club is how often they make me s**t myself over the prospect of them snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
So Arsenal hasn't won at the Britannia for years, and haven't won in a game reffed by Mike Dean for years

All set up for them to win

One thing I hate about my club is how often they make me s**t myself over the prospect of them snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory
If Stoke can just not lose then that would pretty much be it I think. We'd be in. Would certainly take the pressure off too as Arsenal play before us this weekend.

Back