Matchday 4

Who will win the Golden Boot?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense says so, it was a dog act. Who knows what the FA will do though. If he is getting banned we should be hearing about it by Thursday at the latest.
From memory it has to be done by the Tuesday following the game.

Hopefully will have Payet, Lanzini and Zaza starting which will make a big difference for us, so I'd be expecting 3 points.

Will Mazzari be under the pump already if they lose heavily again I wonder?

Where's the evidence of the ref not seeing it?

It was in the FA statement.

To be honest, I blame the rules. It just gives the refs too much leeway to determine if someone is going to get charged or not. Shouldn't put them in the position where they have to lie to avoid a controversial/unpopular decision being made.

It was in the FA statement.

To be honest, I blame the rules. It just gives the refs too much leeway to determine if someone is going to get charged or not. Shouldn't put them in the position where they have to lie to avoid a controversial/unpopular decision being made.
Yeah I agree - he bottled that decision. West Ham who were sinned against get no benefit.

CrHwhecXYAAisU4.jpg:large

like for real. what is he looking at? how does he not see it?

sure, it's an elbow. whatever. 3 games. alright. don't care. but how can a referee, in this position, this close, not see such a 'blatant' elbow? an elbow so damaging poor winston couldn't even talk (copyright mark noble productions).

i didnt see it originally cos i was watching originally at 3 frames per second live. but he's right there.

Thought this was also interesting from the FA statement.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governanc...ster-city-west-ham-united#4f0VW6AgM4aTyXGa.99

Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite match officials.

Could you call it an "off the ball" incident? Not sure how the rules apply, as you'd think the majority of retrospective punishments were for "on the ball incidents", just found the wording a bit odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aguero charged. Officials claimed to not see it. :D:D

Not that difficult to understand. Nobody who was watching the game live saw it because their focus was on the ball. City can't complain because the incident clearly wasn't ruled on during the game - clearly a free kick should have been awarded as well as a red card.

It would have been a travesty if Kun(t) got away with it. It was a vicious elbow - you can tell this by his clenched fist. I have a City fan at my club who claims "he was just trying to shrug off Reid" - I nearly died of laughter.

so I'm gonna expect the next time Fellaini throws his elbows around (that's only a matter of time) that he'll get banned as well... yeah right, who the hell am I kidding!!!

Thought you could still be charged even if the official saw it?
From the local paper, it quotes an FA video on the new interpretation.

"The FA has the power to take retrospective action for certain incidents that are not seen by the match officials, particularly where evidence is caught on camera.

"Action may also be taken where one of the match officials saw part of an incident, for example if an act of misconduct took that could not have been seen by the match official as their view was blocked.

From the local paper, it quotes an FA video on the new interpretation.

Ok, seems like the ref might have been focusing on play then and only saw it out of the corner of his eye. That would fall under the category of "partially seen" I suppose.

If that classifies as partially seen you're pretty much saying every foul can be retrospectively punished.

He's lied about it, simple as that. Not the first time it's happened. Won't be the last. We all move on.

Shitty rule anyway. Shouldnt make any difference whether the ref saw it or not.

Last edited:
If that classifies as partially seen you're pretty much saying every foul can be retrospectively punished.

He's lied about it, simple as that. Not the first time it's happened. Won't be the last. We all move on.

Bullshit. The commentators didn't see it initially and neither did anyone who was watching the game. Why? Because the focus is on the ball and the game. Instead of calling the referee a liar how about you look at the actions of your player first. Also you'll find incidents that were ruled upon during the course of the game won't be retrospectively punished. No referee anywhere would not take action after seeing a replay of that incident. City have nothing to complain about in this scenario at all.

Shitty rule anyway. Shouldnt make any difference whether the ref saw it or not.

Shouldn't make a difference, you're right. So no point getting worked up over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back