Matchday 9

Things less annoying then the international break?

• Total voters

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
De Gea made a mistake for once, big ******* whoop. Still comfortably a top 2 keeper.
Haha got one. ;)

Nah, I agree, I don't like to admit it because I love Hugo, but Dave is the best.

It's just that United fans pretty much deify the man, so it's nice to point out occasionally that he is human after all.

It's just that United fans pretty much deity the man, so it's nice to point out occasionally that he is human after all.
This. It's the over #gooing that's the problem with a lot of United players.
So OTT.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
No, he's been okay. Hasn't set the world on fire.

Far from the biggest worry. All you're focusing on is the price tag.
He really hasnt. The price tag does mean something too. You expect more from him and he is has been close to anonymous for most of the season. Not good enough but long may it continue.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
He really hasnt. The price tag does mean something too. You expect more from him and he is has been close to anonymous for most of the season. Not good enough but long may it continue.
No, the price tag argument is ridiculous. We were always going to have to pay a lot to get him, just the way the market is these days. United has the money so who the * cares.

He's being judged as the world's most expensive player, instead of just being judged on merit like others in the team. Funny how everyone rips into him on here, yet barely ever mention the likes of Fellaini or Blind on the weekend who was terrible.

Far easier to copy everyone else and post for likes.

He's being judged as the world's most expensive player, instead of just being judged on merit like others in the team. Funny how everyone rips into him on here, yet barely ever mention the likes of Fellaini or Blind on the weekend who was terrible.
Pogba is expected to do more. A thug like Fellaini for the most part has been gash at Man United. Blind is a player I like though, Hope he bounces back.

True, but you'd think Pogba was the only useless one right now.
Few people here have been saying stuff about Zlatan and I defended him earlier in a post. Also people saying that Martial/Rashford should be playing at ST instead of the wing so they are not bad players but are being used wrong which is a potshot at Mourinho.

During the game I remember people laughed at De Gea for his first effort and also I made light of Smallings terrible game as well.

I think Ibrahimovic will manage 15+ this season fairly comfortably. He'll still have his match winning performances, and there'll still be OTT fapping whenever he does something more than break into a jog. I haven't seen a lot of United lately, but even when he was scoring I was wondering if the goals made up for his lack of effort/contribution around the pitch. Just not sure teams can carry a player of that type any more.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
No, the price tag argument is ridiculous. We were always going to have to pay a lot to get him, just the way the market is these days. United has the money so who the **** cares.

I guess once you pay a certain amount for a player viewers expect a certain level of performance, we went through the same thing with Torres.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
No, the price tag argument is ridiculous. We were always going to have to pay a lot to get him, just the way the market is these days. United has the money so who the **** cares.

Far easier to copy everyone else and post for likes.
What was your previous username?

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I saw Pogba play about 6-8 games for Juve last season and whilst it was only a small sample of his season, he didn't stand out like he was a level above everyone else. I saw all his games at the Euros and whilst he made one insane dribble beating a number of players the rest was average. What I've seen of him at manu has been average. Whilst there is no doubting he can play, I think the hype about him is more to do with his sleazy manager building him up than his deeds on the pitch.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
I saw Pogba play about 6-8 games for Juve last season and whilst it was only a small sample of his season, he didn't stand out like he was a level above everyone else. I saw all his games at the Euros and whilst he made one insane dribble beating a number of players the rest was average. What I've seen of him at manu has been average. Whilst there is no doubting he can play, I think the hype about him is more to do with his sleazy manager building him up than his deeds on the pitch.

Spot on. His first 2 or so months of last season was quite similar to the way he is playing now... Juve found themselves 9 pts off top spot and both he and the team only got going once Dybala hit form, and when Marchisio and Khedira returned from injury.

As the season went on he played some outstanding games but at the moment he just isn't the type to carry a team when they're struggling - more of a "icing on the cake" player right now.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
That's a bit more like it. It seems like Okazaki has become the necessary man, though I like this new cutting in business going on with Mahrez coming on in as well, allowing Musa to drift forward and create more space. I can see us switching up Slimani and Vardy on a needs basis (though I heard Vardy had some groin troubles, I think he needs to be dropped and find the hunger within to raise his game, he's always been about proving himself.)

We still do look shakey at the back, and that goal that Palace got was a long time coming. Still need to improve our basics better to prevent that crap from happening (How Benteke didn't score is a bit of a mystery.)

Also, Fuchs... what a shot! I know the guy was getting others to suggest what he should do for a celebration just last week actually, but to deliver like that? Brill! Hasn't scored since that goal against RM with Gladbach.

If anyone wanted to know the celebration, it's a Paper-Scissor-Rock game with Okazaki, where the loser gets his ear flicked. It's a German thing (Okazaki is of course familiar with it, and Fuchs did a clip with them playing the game.)

Also jod23 , did see that comment. I know that is exactly the way that we did things, and I am in the mindset that we should be going out to win every game we can, but also one has to remember the 'realism' factor as well. Getting out with a draw to big clubs like Liverpool, United and Chelsea is a good result, not an expectation. They are still the big boys, and they are expected to win at home. It is up to us to ensure we get something out of it.

Back